Keltec now refuses warranty work for non-original owners [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Keltec now refuses warranty work for non-original owners

holesinpaper
12-10-2011, 23:35
Just an FYI, as of August 2011 KelTec has started to 'enforce' their warranty to a T.

It used to be that they'd do warranty work on ANY keltec that was malfunctioning. It didn't matter if you were not the original owner..

Now, if you are not the ORIGINAL owner, you're SOL.

Not confidence inspiring.

http://www.keltecweapons.com/news/warranty-update-second-owner-responsibilities

fnfalman
12-10-2011, 23:39
To be fair, many manufacturers are like this in a variety of products.

craig_o
12-10-2011, 23:43
Not confidence-inspiring? What product retains its warranty after you sell it to someone else?

holesinpaper
12-10-2011, 23:44
To be fair, many manufacturers are like this in a variety of products.

It is not common for a firearm manufacture to issue a statement saying "We now will automatically refuse service."

Most seem to avoid a written policy, but continue to take care of any reasonable issue regardless whether it's the original owner or not. Like Glock, Ruger, Winchester, etc.

To say "yup, u be screwed" is rare in the gun industry imho.

"Cold Dead Hands" !
12-10-2011, 23:48
Thanks for the warning !

Electrikkoolaid
12-10-2011, 23:49
I have some of their stuff from the 1990s, and have no idea where the original sales receipts would be at this point.

So I guess it's no warranty, or pay "overnight" shipping (so it can sit in Florida for 2 months) PLUS $40 + parts on top of that?

Even though I've never needed the warranty, that irritates me since they know the majority of people won't have this documentation.

So much for "Buy American."

BossGodfrey
12-10-2011, 23:50
There guns are crap to start with. I'm surprised they warranty them to begin with. I spent the extra few bucks and got the LCP.

TexAg
12-10-2011, 23:51
Mistake on their behalf in my opinion. Several manufacturers offer lifetime warranties, regardless if you're the original owner or not. Someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but Leupold and Zeiss spring to mind.
And for one of the above posters, if you sell your car under 3 years, 36,000 miles, the warranty goes with it doesn't it? That's a simplification of course and there are many different warranty types and ways companies chose to honor them. Kel-tec is kind of a small player in the market and has a few knocks against them (slow to bring product to market, issues with products), but their warranty was something you didn't have to worry about. Guess you're effed if you didn't send in your "registration" card?

holesinpaper
12-10-2011, 23:51
Not confidence-inspiring? What product retains its warranty after you sell it to someone else?

A lot of gun manufacturers either:

A) explicitly state the warranty follows the gun ala Taurus, High Point, etc.

Or

B) have no written policy, or state a 1 year warranty or original owner only ... but they act as if there is one that follows the gun -- not the original owner ala Ruger, Glock, Winchester, Beretta, etc. These guys simply take care of a problem, and it doesn't matter if you're the original owner or not -- despite what their official policy says.

Keltec chose C. I don't know another firearm manufacturer that has adopted such an explicitly stated position.

C) "Sorry second owner, you're screwed." Based on their questionable quality control, the need for F&B's to make many of their guns run right... this change in policy is not confidence inspiring. It also implies the level of trust Keltec places in their own products imho.

I'm not a Keltec basher, they do what they do well -- but their products have a higher number of problems than the products of other gun manufactures in my experience.

Most of above are just facts. Hard to argue with that. Do your own research into the warranty policies of other firearm manufactures.

Electrikkoolaid
12-10-2011, 23:54
C) Sorry second owner, you're screwed.

add "Sorry first owner, the resale value on your pistol just dropped."

Folsom_Prison
12-10-2011, 23:56
I've never bought any of their firearms, but now I know I won't.

holesinpaper
12-10-2011, 23:58
Thanks for the warning !

NP. I was disappointed and shocked to learn of the change.

I figured many people didn't know, and it's an important tidbit to know if you like buying used guns.

holesinpaper
12-10-2011, 23:59

Yup, true enough.

Now to second owners, it really is almost a disposable item. Shipping costs alone, plus minor repairs, will probably eat up the cost of the gun real quick.

emt1581
12-11-2011, 00:05
It is not common for a firearm manufacture to issue a statement saying "We now will automatically refuse service."

Most seem to avoid a written policy, but continue to take care of any reasonable issue regardless whether it's the original owner or not. Like Glock, Ruger, Winchester, etc.

To say "yup, u be screwed" is rare in the gun industry imho.

It's kinda telling. You warranty good/working products. You do not warranty POS products or else the time to fix, replace, and ship them will kill your profits.

I think Hi-Point may be one of the ONLY exceptions. Cheaply made guns but awesome CS and, at least in my experience, they actually work!

My experience with Kel-Tec has been horrible. They "fixed" my gen 1 P3AT 2 or 3 times and it STILL didn't work. As someone else did, I spent a little more and bought an LCP. I even TRIED...HARD!...to make this gun jam...I couldn't do it!! Now THAT is quality and a good feeling which is why it is now my CCW pocket gun.

Major faux pas Kel-Tec. Speaks volumes to your self-confidence in MANY areas (initial quality, gun smithing, durability, etc.) Will it sink the company? No. Because those that can't afford Glock will still be drawn to them. Those that have had good experiences (read: luck) will still buy them.

-Emt1581

Electrikkoolaid
12-11-2011, 00:09
I went to look at parts on their website and was greeted with this:

http://i.imgur.com/sIx0X.jpg

You would almost think they were trying to kill any customer loyalty they have.

I guess the bean counters have taken over and are going to ruin another American business.

cloudbuster
12-11-2011, 10:40
I don't have any of my original receipts. If I needed to prove original ownership, would I be able to get copies of the transfer forms I filled out when buying them? I own three Kel-Tecs and two came from Impact Guns via a local dealer, and another came from a local Gander Mountain.

gocubs6
12-11-2011, 10:42

Springfiel Armory

cowboywannabe
12-11-2011, 11:06
you only pay for quality once.

Dexters
12-11-2011, 11:13
Just an FYI, as of August 2011 KelTec has started to 'enforce' their warranty to a T.

It used to be that they'd do warranty work on ANY keltec that was malfunctioning. It didn't matter if you were not the original owner..

Now, if you are not the ORIGINAL owner, you're SOL.

Not confidence inspiring.

http://www.keltecweapons.com/news/warranty-update-second-owner-responsibilities

I'm surprised they did it for so long.

................With the internet, people were calling them and asking for repair work on non existing problems that they read something about and thought they had the same issue that really wasn't a problem.

..................Also, people have been doing their own gunsmithing - trigger jobs, ramp polishing etc. Why should Keltec have to deal with that.

...............Read the boards here; there are some gun buyers that are the cheapest people in the world. They buy a $250 gun, don't read the manual about a break in period and then expect the mfg to pay for shipping both ways and repair when the gun doesn't go into battery once after the first 5 rounds!

Modern guns take a pounding and keep on working. Gun mfg customer service has improved becaused they realize their reputation can be soiled by any keyboard Komando or youtube expert who thinks they know everything about guns since they got a high score on World of Warcraft.

4 glocks
12-11-2011, 11:16
About 1 month ago I sent my Sub 2000 to KT. I called them first they said send it in with no questions asked. I am the second owner. I did pay shipping to them no big deal. Also now I am grandfather because it been fixed by them.

Fed Five Oh
12-11-2011, 11:26
Looks like Kel Tec is sick of egotistical limp wristers.

Burncycle
12-11-2011, 11:43
This might be indicative of Kel Tec not having the ability to keep up with the requests anymore.

Almost like how most of the major cell phone carriers don't offer unlimited internet anymore -- there are so many people using smartphones now that their infrastructure can no longer keep up, and they had to expand or switch to a rationing system to allow for continued growth in the short term.

As they grow in popularity so many people are having to send in their products for work that they can't keep up with the current warranty policies (labor, cost, shipping, etc) and need to switch to a more familiar stricter policy to save costs.

I prefer other companies for out of the box quality and reliability, and I see kel tec as more of a budget brand... but they bring some pretty unique firearms to the table. So, I do wish them continued success and hope in the future they can expand and improve both their production capabilities and, even more importantly, the quality of their firearms... which incidentally would also serve to reduce the number of warranty requests they've been seeing and alleviate the issue of not being able to handle them all if that is indeed the case.

Bren
12-11-2011, 11:49
There guns are crap to start with. I'm surprised they warranty them to begin with. I spent the extra few bucks and got the LCP.

http://edge.ebaumsworld.com/mediaFiles/picture/991219/80947931.jpg

glock2740
12-11-2011, 11:53
I guess you get what you pay for. :dunno:

AA#5
12-11-2011, 12:13

Most don't, but big firearms manufacturers will usually do repairs under warranty. In my experience, they don't ask for verification of original ownership, especially those with lifetime warranties like S&W & Ruger.

I bought a used S&W 629 that was out of time & needed a new hand & S&W replaced it under warranty but that was several years ago. Things may have changed in this economy, however.

KennyFSU
12-11-2011, 12:15
That does suck. Luckily I'm an original KT owner (Sub2000 and PF9) that has had absolutely 0 complaints with their products. I don't even know how good their customer service is since I have yet to use them lol.

And of course you will always find threads on the interweb about owners bashing a particular gun or reporting issues; who is going to make a thread about a gun performing 100% after X number of years? I guess I should start by saying all mine have been 100% after 4 years and thousands of rounds. :)

jbh165nc
12-11-2011, 12:20

I believe Dillon does. I don't have any first hand experience though.

Novocaine
12-11-2011, 12:21
No big loss. In my experience it’s not like their CS existed in a first place. They keep the gun for two months then return it in the same condition as it was sent in, if you're lucky. Paying shipping charges for the third time with zero positive results did it for me. Nice folks but absolutely clueless.

It’s a shame really. The company generates ideas that have great potential. If only they could get the execution part down.

Novocaine
12-11-2011, 12:36

http://www.vortexoptics.com/content/vip_warranty

In fairness I was never asked by a gun company to prove that I'm the original owner or when I bought the gun in question. Going as far as to explicitly state they will enforce “second owner responsibility” takes a company a notch down in my book. I mean it would if Keltec had competent CS to start with.

emt1581
12-11-2011, 14:22
It’s a shame really. The company generates ideas that have great potential. If only they could get the execution part down.

I've been saying that for years.

-Emt1581

emt1581
12-11-2011, 14:23
Most don't, but big firearms manufacturers will usually do repairs under warranty. In my experience, they don't ask for verification of original ownership, especially those with lifetime warranties like S&W & Ruger.

I bought a used S&W 629 that was out of time & needed a new hand & S&W replaced it under warranty but that was several years ago. Things may have changed in this economy, however.

In all fairness, even with their great warranty, they (Read: Mel the grouchy CS guy!) LOVE to play the "well are you the original owner and when did you buy it" game.

-Emt1581

Bruce M
12-11-2011, 17:30

Very true but I am gonna go fairly far out on a limb here and guess that a slight majority of Keltec buyers might not list resale value as one of the top reasons for original purchase.

KennyFSU
12-11-2011, 17:59
Resale value? Guns are for buying not selling; resale value is a non-issue with me lol. For other people I could see that being a factor. KT guns are for a niche market and people purchase them because of their uniqueness and economical value (aka cheap).

CBennett
12-11-2011, 18:02
Just went on the WILL NOT buy list.

emt1581
12-11-2011, 18:05
Here's something else I'm thinking...

Even though it does not bode well to be so outspoken as they are on the issue, I'm curious if this is just a formality to cut down on their workload if they want to push the issue? That is, maybe when you call up they don't even ask which owner you are. But if things get backed up in the shop or if the pistol has been so badly abused beyond repair due to the owner...THEN they'll play this "we won't fix it free" card.

Just a thought.

-Emt1581

KennyFSU
12-11-2011, 18:15
Good point. We will just have to wait and see. It may only be a matter of time before a second-hand KT owners has a service request.

vafish
12-11-2011, 18:57

Smith and Wesson fixed a Model 64 I bought used that broke. I plainly told them I bought it used when I called them. No problem at all they sent me a prepaid Fed Ex label and I shipped them the gun. They shipped the gun back to me. Didn't cost me a cent, other then driving to the Fed Ex office.

Kel-Tec is really screwing themselves on this.

Once the word gets around that Kel-Tec won't do warranty support to second or later owners used Kel-Tecs will be worth nothing. If you can't sell your gun you won't buy it in the first place.

holesinpaper
12-11-2011, 19:09
Resale value? Guns are for buying not selling; resale value is a non-issue with me lol. For other people I could see that being a factor. KT guns are for a niche market and people purchase them because of their uniqueness and economical value (aka cheap).

Keltec is no longer a niche, and is not really unique.

Except without patents, any gun company (e.g. Ruger) can copy Keltec designs using proper Q&C, design tweaks, and manufacturing techniqes -- resulting in products that do not ordinarily require a F&B to run right.

And those companies (e.g. Ruger) actually do take care of 2nd owners.

Of course the saving grace of Keltec is that no big company is likely to copy their super lame designs (i.e. 308 RFB and shotgun). I don't know if I'd really consider that a saving grace though.

Hrsuhd
12-11-2011, 19:43

Vortex optics

RYT 2BER
12-11-2011, 19:49
I read the link.. seemed very reasonable to me... so many whiners on this site. If you buy used be prepared to deal with "used".

Want a warranty.. buy new. Jeez!

fastbolt
12-11-2011, 19:59
Visited the site and read the info. Seemed very reasonable to me.

Maybe if fewer folks had been "fluffing & buffing", or installing parts without the required knowledge & experience, and perhaps causing issues that required factory repair or correction at some point, this wouldn't have become an issue. Dunno.

Another thought that occurs to me is that this company probably doesn't have the financial & inventory resources of larger companies like S&W and Ruger. If they want to remain a viable business, and folks want to be able to continue buying their products at reasonable prices, then they have determined that they've got to cut their operating costs somehow.

It does make you wonder, though, about the number of second-hand firearms that have been returned to them for "warranty repair".

I think folks ought to be glad they offer such a reasonable warranty and support to the original owners of their firearms, myself.

KennyFSU
12-11-2011, 20:02
Keltec is no longer a niche, and is not really unique.

Except without patents, any gun company (e.g. Ruger) can copy Keltec designs using proper Q&C, design tweaks, and manufacturing techniqes -- resulting in products that do not ordinarily require a F&B to run right.

And those companies (e.g. Ruger) actually do take care of 2nd owners.

Of course the saving grace of Keltec is that no big company is likely to copy their super lame designs (i.e. 308 RFB and shotgun). I don't know if I'd really consider that a saving grace though.

"Unique" is subjective, you don't think it is, I do.

I have never performed a so-called fluff and buff on any of mine and they have been 100%. Sure I've read about some lemons but what manufacturer doesn't?

From a price standpoint, Rugers cost twice as much (and have twice as many safeties/warnings labels).

And come on, the KSG shotgun is a neat design. A 15-round pump shotgun with no external magazine, you flip between the two tubes with a lever, so you can put buckshot in one side, slugs in the other, or breaching rounds in one side and buckshot in the other, etc.

I guess not everyone is a fan of the company, as we each have our own preferences, and I can respect that. I know I'm not changing anyone's mind lol.

holesinpaper
12-11-2011, 23:08
I have never performed a so-called fluff and buff on any of mine and they have been 100%. Sure I've read about some lemons but what manufacturer doesn't?

From a price standpoint, Rugers cost twice as much (and have twice as many safeties/warnings labels).

Well, I haven't heard many stories of Ruger LCPs having function problems. I have heard many, many stories of Keltec P3ATs having function problems.

Having personally put hundreds of rounds downrange with many examples of both the LCP and P3AT, my experience has shown that same reality.

Wash-ar15
12-11-2011, 23:47
I have called Glock,SW,Ruger and none of them asked if I was the original owner.

And how are they expecting to prove I am the original owner?

they need to get it through their heads that good CS sells guns. Bad CS goes through the internet like wild fire and can kill a company quick

LawScholar
12-12-2011, 00:46
Hmm, all those snarky comments about the Little Copied Pistol since the LCP was introduced. I wonder if Ruger would mind serving a subsequent owner? I'm betting not.

???

Bud's Gun Shop:

Kel-Tec P3AT - $235 delivered
Ruger LCP - $289 delivered

Kel-tec PF9 - $240 delivered
Ruger LC9 - $340 delivered

Twice as much would be $470 or $480. As it, it's only 19% cheaper for the .380, or 33% cheaper for the 9x19.

In another perspective, the upgrade from P3AT to LCP is the same as two boxes of premium defense ammo, and from PF9 to LC9 it's the same as a set of night sights or a nice holster. You get better finish, better fit, better reported reliability, and a company very unlikely to do what Kel-Tec just did.

The PF9 to LC9 difference is at least worth considering, but both pistols are very affordable.

Though the point about the safety nonsense is totally valid on the LC9 (not the LCP though). I wish they'd make a stripped-down version without a safety or LCI.

NeverMore1701
12-12-2011, 01:34
Well I just hope my PF-9 continues to be as reliable and problem-free as my P3AT was.

SauerChoi
12-12-2011, 02:05

to be fair, no one is out there to sell guns just for fun. Having a high resale value, whether its a car, boat, house, or the sandwich you had, it's always a good thing and never a bad thing. :cool:

Chonny
12-12-2011, 03:44
No experience with Kel Tec but I like companies that stand behind their products at any point in time. Having crappy stuff out there (because of non warrantied pistols or poor repair jobs) with the name Kel Tec on it doesnt help Kel Tec in any way whatsoever.

HexHead
12-12-2011, 05:50
AFAIK, Colt will still do "warranty" work on their revolvers. Obviously most aren't still with ther original owners. They just don't want a dangerous gun out there with their name on it.

Kel-Tec could learn something from that.

holesinpaper
12-12-2011, 11:20
I read the link.. seemed very reasonable to me... so many whiners on this site. If you buy used be prepared to deal with "used".

Want a warranty.. buy new. Jeez!

Or instead of buying a used Keltec, buy a:

Ruger
Winchester
Taurus
Glock
High Point
Springfield
Etc.

And get treated as though you do have a lifetime warranty regardless of whether you're the first owner, second owner or more.

RWBlue
12-12-2011, 11:37
Isn't the original owner the distribute?

craig_o
12-12-2011, 12:23
I do believe I've been **** on. Walk of shame.

NEOH212
12-12-2011, 14:56
Could this be due to so many people abusing the heck out of their guns and expecting Kel Tec to fix MR. Tacticool's botched attempt at home gunsmithing @#^& up :whistling:

Or maybe because some joker ran way to many overly hot handloads through the gun and basically destroyed it in the process and again expected Kel Tec to fix it? :whistling:

I could go on but I think you get the point.

(As much as I don't like Taurus, I think this happens alot with their guns too and as a result, it gives a worse reputation to Taurus than they already have.)

holesinpaper
12-12-2011, 15:13
Could this be due to so many people abusing the heck out of their guns and expecting Kel Tec to fix MR. Tacticool's botched attempt at home gunsmithing @#^& up :whistling:

Or maybe because some joker ran way to many overly hot handloads through the gun and basically destroyed it in the process and again expected Kel Tec to fix it? :whistling:

(As much as I don't like Taurus, I think this happens alot with their guns too and as a result, it gives a worse reputation to Taurus than they already have.)

Which is why other gun manufacturers often won't do warranty work on guns that have been messed up by 'home smiths' or incompetent gun smiths.

And if many Keltecs didn't need a F&B to run, then owners would be less likely to attack them with dremels.

There are better ways to deal with this issue than "Screw you second owners, you're SOL."

TexAg
12-12-2011, 15:22
Yes, the better response would be, "Sir, we see where your dremeling went a little too far, so you're going to need to pay for a new barrel" or "We removed the tactical doo-dad you added and the gun works fine now; we'll be shipping it back to you in original factory condition."

holesinpaper
12-12-2011, 15:24
Yes, the better response would be, "Sir, we see where your dremeling went a little too far, so you're going to need to pay for a new barrel" or "We removed the tactical doo-dad you added and the gun works fine now; we'll be shipping it back to you in original factory condition."

Or a blanket "You dremel it, you're SOL" policy.

Or a "if your KelTec needs dremeling, you must let us do it." :rofl:

Magicmanmb
12-26-2011, 15:03
Even Taurus provides a lifetime warranty to any owner 1st or 5th.

Was given a Grendel Arms the forerunner of the Kel-tec not even good enough to use as a fishing lure.

oldnoob
12-26-2011, 16:50
Safe few bucks and get the Hi Point. At least their gun do fire and great CS.

hogship
12-26-2011, 17:08
I'd be willing to bet Keltec will provide warranty work to anyone with a legitimate claim, and this is nothing more than giving the manufacturer the ability to determine if a claim is legitimate......and, I suspect many are not.

ooc

LawScholar
12-26-2011, 17:56
http://www.vortexoptics.com/content/vip_warranty

In fairness I was never asked by a gun company to prove that I'm the original owner or when I bought the gun in question. Going as far as to explicitly state they will enforce “second owner responsibility” takes a company a notch down in my book. I mean it would if Keltec had competent CS to start with.

Just got a Vortex Strikefire red dot for Christmas! That's an awesome warranty!

GSSF17
12-26-2011, 18:50
I guess you get what you pay for. :dunno:

Or, uhhhh...not. Dang. :shocked:

Shadyscott69
12-26-2011, 18:54

Wilson Combat
Dillion
Seth's Gun Leather :supergrin:

To name a few.

dudel
12-26-2011, 19:00

Taurus, RCBS and Dillon are three that come to mind.

Feanor
12-26-2011, 19:33
There guns are crap to start with. I'm surprised they warranty them to begin with.

We have a winner.

michael e
12-26-2011, 19:40
Well my shop does not give me a copy of the 4473, and the bill of sale is a print out with just the gun model. No serial number , or my name. So they are saying I would be SOL with them. If you offer a lifetime warrenty why does it matter who owns it? This is a way to get out of something you used as a selling point.

steve581581
12-27-2011, 17:36
For me I prefer to buy used but new condition guns. I purchased one new gun a while back and then found the exact one that looked like it had only been fired a few times for $150 cheaper. With the economy the way it is people need money and there are some very good deals to be had. I almost bought a keltec over the weekend because it was a killer deal and am now glad I held out to find the one I really want. If a company won't stand behind their product I don't want to own their product.

writwing
12-27-2011, 17:52
Solution: buy a Ruger.

writwing
12-27-2011, 17:55

So how does a second come into play in your scenario? An abused or altered gun should not be serviced under warranty period.

1time
12-27-2011, 18:16
Not surprising. They couldn't straighten their p40's out so they quit making them and dropped their warranty on them. Check out their warranty crap they are pulling with the RFB on Ktog.

IGotIt
02-04-2012, 14:03
I was in the area of Cocoa, Fla. yesterday, so I stopped at Kel-Tec with my P-11 that had a broken slide stop. The stop was replaced, feed ramp polished, test fired, cleaned, and returned to me at no charge.

Great customer service, thank you Kel-Tec.

Magicmanmb
02-08-2012, 08:26
I was in the area of Cocoa, Fla. yesterday, so I stopped at Kel-Tec with my P-11 that had a broken slide stop. The stop was replaced, feed ramp polished, test fired, cleaned, and returned to me at no charge.

Great customer service, thank you Kel-Tec.

And if you hadn't have been in the Cocoa Beach area shipping and wait time would have been what. $ 50 or so & a couple of weeks.

Travclem
02-08-2012, 08:28
Wilson Combat
Dillion
Seth's Gun Leather :supergrin:

To name a few.
Springfield comes to mind.

The only thin KT had going for them was the oustanding warranty without that, their business will fail.

arclight610
02-08-2012, 08:42
My P3AT was a turd. I think this won't go well with Kel-tec.

WarEagle32
02-08-2012, 12:13
That just says everything you need to know about Keltec. I'm so glad I sold the 3 that I have owned!

itstime
02-08-2012, 12:22
Well I have two of their guns and that will be it. I was going to get a couple of their newer offerings nut won't now. One thing they used to do is stand behind their products.

John Rambo
02-08-2012, 12:29
Even HiPoint offers a lifetime warranty with no questions asked. But I guess my Keltec is no longer warrantied.

Magicmanmb
02-08-2012, 13:11
Well I have two of their guns and that will be it. I was going to get a couple of their newer offerings nut won't now. One thing they used to do is stand behind their products.

Two Words

GRENDEL ARMS.

Kel-Tec designed by Ed Grendel.

method
02-08-2012, 13:30
Two Words

GRENDEL ARMS.

Close, but not quite. Fella's name is George Kellgren.

RWBlue
02-08-2012, 15:57
Two Words

GRENDEL ARMS.

Beowulf?
What is his mother like?

UrbanOps
02-08-2012, 16:22
What is all this talk about a lifetime warranty with Ruger? If lifetime warranty means sending them malfunctioning gun then 4 months later they send you a letter stating they can't fix it but you can either pay a reduced fee for a "new" gun or they'll send you your broken gun back after you pay shipping.

Magicmanmb
02-08-2012, 17:25
Close, but not quite. Fella's name is George Kellgren.

Used what they provided me. FL Secretary of State's office showed that was the name of the owner of both companies. The original company still has judgements against them. Kelgren is listed as a stockholder designer's name is what they gave me. The customer service stated designed by Grendel. Shows they either don't know or told to give out incorrect info.

mickdundie
02-08-2012, 20:50
What is all this talk about a lifetime warranty with Ruger? If lifetime warranty means sending them malfunctioning gun then 4 months later they send you a letter stating they can't fix it but you can either pay a reduced fee for a "new" gun or they'll send you your broken gun back after you pay shipping.

Yep

Ruger was very clear with me that their firearms have a 1 year warrenty for original owner. The owners manual doesn't mention any warrenty what so ever!

I think Kel Tecs warrenty policy is fine. You don't get a lifetime warrenty on very many things you purchase!