Worst nightmare/Attempted abduction/coworker's kids! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Worst nightmare/Attempted abduction/coworker's kids!

lwt210
12-11-2011, 08:54
Keep that eye sharp, even at home.

http://www.waff.com/story/16297351/truck-involved-in-chase-crashes-on-memorial-parkway

http://www.waaytv.com/news/local/story/UPDATE-High-speed-chase-resulted-from-attempted/Gb2I5HF3rUSD6xV31PMsxg.cspx

Don't know much about the suspect yet. I was working a wreck when this came out and didn't get to assist. Probably for the best though. :steamed:

merlynusn
12-11-2011, 11:11
So was it targeted against the cop or just whatever random kids were in the yard playing?

cowboywannabe
12-11-2011, 11:34
kids get abducted unfortunately all the time by random strangers who see kids not being watched by the parents too busy facebooking or whatever....

its yet to be determined if this was random or targeted.

wprebeck
12-11-2011, 12:12
My kids play in the yard with Casey. She's a friend...one of the four legged German Shepherd type that has an odd aversion to strangers. With the number of break-ins there have been in the area (usually done by teens skipping school), I've no doubt she plays a role in our home having never been burglarized. Well, her and a couple of other dogs. Really, we have too many. 100 lbs of food a week.

There was an attempted abduction a couple of miles away earlier this year. Little girl was chased by an unknown male all the way ffrom the sidewalk to her front porch. Apparently, while Mommy did get her child inside safely, Mommy is not a gun owner. Because the vehicle he fled in was not filled with holes of any caliber; the outcome should that happen at my home. I feel fairly certain I can make an argument that, if not immediately apprehended, the suspect presents an immediate threat of death or serious physical injury to others in the community.

If not, I guess I'll have to take it to trial. Either way, ain't nobody gonna try and attempt to kidnap one of my kids, and not get shot at for his troubles.

series1811
12-11-2011, 12:57
We had an agent's wife get taken hostage and killed back in the seventies. It seemed to be targeted at the agent, but the hostage taker was killed about two seconds after he killed the agent's wife and I don't think it was ever proven for sure that it was because of who she was. But, that's what everyone still thinks.

Patchman
12-11-2011, 13:35
Whether that BG was attempting to kidnap the kids in retaliation against the LEO, or was just your average child sexual predator, the end result worked out best for everyone.

acpd541
12-11-2011, 15:09
I disagree. The best result would have been the ****** bag remained in the truck while it was turned into a charred husk.

Patchman
12-11-2011, 15:32
Damn, I misread the article first time around. I thought he died. OK, I concede that his career ending in flames would have given me more satisfaction.

smokeross
12-11-2011, 16:35
"He was going for the kids" should be a reasonable defense for turning any BG into a human colander. The worst I ever hamburgered someone up was over an unprovoked attack on my child. My retaliation attack was 'provoked'.

Gray_Rider
12-11-2011, 18:16
Having had my first child two years ago last September, I now know how it feels when someone's precious little one is threatened or actually harmed.

Some months back, at WalMart a panhandler got within touching distance of me when I was putting Jon into his car seat. He was waaaaaaaaay to close to be asking for change, (came up on my blind, side my back was to him), and never knew how close my SW 642 came to being jammed into his midsection....

Just a blastin'.

Gray_Rider
Deo Vindice!

Unreconstructed.

lwt210
12-11-2011, 18:48
Last I heard, the guy had NO priors.....nothing.

That may have changed. Totally random....must be a bubble off level type of situation.

larry_minn
12-11-2011, 20:37
Dang. Glad no kids were hurt.

I remember when I took my neiphue out into town so his mom could have some time. She told (her) son. "if anyone tries to hurt or take you call for Uncle Larry, then close your eyes and plug your ears" My mom was there and the look of shock on her face (likley mirrored mine)
Guess sis thought I might use words her son shouldn't hear.... :)