FALLEN: documentary about increase in LOD deaths of LEOs [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : FALLEN: documentary about increase in LOD deaths of LEOs

MDLibertarian
12-11-2011, 12:19
I hope this isn't a re-post as I didn't see it listed anywhere under this subforum.

I saw the trailer to this documentary posted on the Facebook page of a close friend who is a patrol officer in North Dakota that is about the increase in line-of-duty deaths of American LEOs that I thought all of you would want to see.

FallenProject.com (http://fallenproject.com/)

(The only preview for the documentary is on the project's website since the YouTube link is no longer available.)

According to the end credits, "FALLEN is a documentary film project being developed, produced and shot by sworn police officers."

Morris
12-11-2011, 19:00
I appreciate you posting this. I've donated and have asked other to join me.

G27Chief
12-11-2011, 19:14
That radio call at the ending caused suppressed emotions to overflow, yes I will support this project!

nikerret
12-11-2011, 20:04
That radio call at the ending caused suppressed emotions to overflow, yes I will support this project!

Yeah, that cut.

MDLibertarian
06-22-2014, 19:42
Just a follow up, but the project's website states they've only reached 52% of the goal needed to fund the documentary, so I thought I'd give this thread a bump for any of you who aren't aware of this project. Considering the frequency of the "End of Watch" threads that have been posted in this subforum over the years since I first started this thread I felt the subject this documentary is addressing could use some additional exposure.

AZ Husker
06-22-2014, 20:00
Will be a sad show, but I'll bet it will open people's eyes about firepower by the bad guys and the true need for better police training. When I read about cop killings (and they are happening more often) I wonder who is the better combat force.

Patchman
06-23-2014, 04:49
When it comes to use-of-force, LE is always reacting to the situation. This puts LEOs at a serious disadvantage.

Newcop761
06-23-2014, 22:13
The above link didn't work for me. Here is one for Trailer 4:
Fallen Project Trailer 4 - YouTube

I bought a few of the patches today.

MDLibertarian
06-24-2014, 07:45
The above link didn't work for me. Here is one for Trailer 4:
Fallen Project Trailer 4 - YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM0B8s_TnFY)

I bought a few of the patches today.

Thanks for supporting the project and posting the YouTube link to the preview since the one I included long ago was no longer found on the site under the original url.

RenegadeGlocker
06-24-2014, 08:26
Seems they have their facts backwards. Even though US population is increasing, LOD is decreasing. This is GOOD news.

2013 - 105
2012 - 125
2011 - 179
2010 - 177
2009 - 140
2008 - 158
2007 - 206
2006 - 161
2005 - 166

Source : http://www.odmp.org/

CAcop
06-24-2014, 09:28
They started the project when it was increasing. This year it is too buy 40% last I checked. Not to mention what really got it going was Lakewood. From what I understand the movie will start there and go forward and discuss LODD.

What is interesting is that since this thread was started two of my friends were added to the list. The officer who started this movie is an academy classmate of a few of our guys. The man who does the music lives in our town. He shot footage of our officer's funeral. The movie poster might have me at our officers' funeral on it.

RenegadeGlocker
06-24-2014, 09:31
Damn 3 year old thread, I missed that.

CAcop
06-24-2014, 10:45
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjEkV2aJees

scottydl
06-24-2014, 11:41
I missed this thread before too, so thanks for bumping.

Guys, I'm going to petition my union to make a donation at our next lodge meeting. I'd encourage you all to do the same. I know our union routinely donate anywhere from $50-250 to sponsor sports teams and Special Olympics events (for instance), and I'm betting our membership would gladly vote for a donation to support this type of project.

Page says that the production budget is $150k and they are 52% funded. I bet the additional $72k needed could be reached pretty quickly if police unions nationwide chipped in just a little each. Bring a computer and show the trailer at your next union meeting if needed.