48 HRS Home Invasion [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : 48 HRS Home Invasion

MR57
12-11-2011, 16:34
Anybody watch 48 hrs last night? Home invasion in cabin in Oakley,Utah in 1990. Just a reminder why I carry an XD45 with Crimson Trace Laser every minute of everyday.

BK63
12-11-2011, 18:07
Living in the state where the Cheshire Home Invasion has been on the news for 4 years now, I not only carry but have stuff locked in pistol safe's in places I can get to them in any situation. You can't be too careful. If you have never heard of it just google Cheshire Home invasion. Two thugs killed a mother and two girls and smacked the doctor in the head with a bat and threw him in the basement. One of the worst home invasions in history. Both are on death row now. If the doctor had a good 45 in the house he might have prevented the death of his family. Just my 2 cents, but your protection is your responsibility.

Smoker
12-11-2011, 18:10
When seconds count the cops are only minutes away!!!

owl6roll
12-11-2011, 18:20
The bad guys always have a plan, why don't we?? Since my daughter is 22 years old and knows how to handle a weapon, I have one or two placed around the house, but not in the open.

Vanilla-gorilla
12-11-2011, 18:26
The bad guys always have a plan, why don't we?? Since my daughter is 22 years old and knows how to handle a weapon, I have one or two placed around the house, but not in the open.

A-men to that.

Deaf Smith
12-11-2011, 21:24
It is a wise idea to seed your house with hidden weapons. They do not have to be guns.

Cans of pepper spray can be velco'ed under tables, lamps, drawers, curtains, etc...

ASP batons can be placed inside fake books (or real books with cutouts.) Think of a favourite cookbook with a cutout for a knife, or gun, or sap..

Yes even if children are in the house, there are ways to hide weapons. And at the same time notice if there are ways to block doors quickly by tipping over something like a bookshelf or pedestal (while you slam the door, trip the block, and RUN. And notice any improvised weapon like a staple gun or hair spray or even your tom-tom by the PC (like I have here!)

Deaf

Hour13
12-11-2011, 21:59
I don't expect others to keep my Mustang's gas tank full. Or brew my coffee for me in the morning when I wake up. Or keep my nails trimmed for me.
I certainly don't blindly rely on others to protect my life. I have nothing but respect for LE, but I know better than to believe one will be right there when things go bad.

Just yesterday, as I was driving home from work, my GF called. Somebody was jiggling the doorknob, I hear the dogs going apes**t in the background. I asked her if she had gotten her gun, and she had. I told her to be calm, wait for me to get home, and to call 911 if the knob jiggled again.

Nothing else happened, I got home and all was well. The dogs were still agitated, it was probably them that scared off whoever was there. Lol, they sound MUCH bigger than they actually are. The fact that I knew she had a gun with her, was why I didn't scream through my neighborhood at 100mph to get home.

Peace of mind.

Still a scary feeling, but I knew if somebody got through the door... They'd be face to face with two neurotic dogs & a pissed off chick packing heat.

Lord
12-14-2011, 22:15
Anybody watch 48 hrs last night? Home invasion in cabin in Oakley,Utah in 1990. Just a reminder why I carry an XD45 with Crimson Trace Laser every minute of everyday.

+1. Amen. I carry on me, or it's on the table in front of me. I carry even if it's to the mailbox or taking the trash out.

BailRecoveryAgent
12-14-2011, 23:08
Living in the state where the Cheshire Home Invasion has been on the news for 4 years now, I not only carry but have stuff locked in pistol safe's in places I can get to them in any situation. You can't be too careful. If you have never heard of it just google Cheshire Home invasion. Two thugs killed a mother and two girls and smacked the doctor in the head with a bat and threw him in the basement. One of the worst home invasions in history. Both are on death row now. If the doctor had a good 45 in the house he might have prevented the death of his family. Just my 2 cents, but your protection is your responsibility.

Jennifer Hawke Petitt?

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

pilsbury
12-15-2011, 03:24
I have a gun with me or beside me at home. You just never know these days.

Beretta92guy
12-15-2011, 03:45
dont forget the brutal, nasty and just down right disgusting Witchita Kansas home invasion massacre where the infamous Corr brothers did brutally dirty things to a group of young people before executing them in a field.....