Little help [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Little help

jeb_ingram
12-11-2011, 23:03
Long story short. A friend of mine purchased a few guns from a widow and she threw in a complete RCBS Rockchucker kit free, new in box, except the press which was gently used. He doesn't reload so freebie for me. In the mix was a set of 4 dies. Im used to the 2 or 3 die rifle sets so I'm scratching my head.

Some are self explanatory but I'm slightly confused.
One reads on top "38-357 Carbo F.L." I'm thinking it's a carbide full length die. Easy right?
3 are marked RCBS but the oddball reads " 38 spl crimp seater" has a C with a H in it. I'm thinking it's a add on.

Flame away but at least shed some light on the CH die. I'm not a newbie to reloading rifle but I'm still learning handgun. And these dies are 6 years older than me.

ColoCG
12-11-2011, 23:26
C-H was a brand of dies the person probably used the set to load .357mag and .38spl. With that .357 set of dies you can use the resizer, the neck expander dies for .357 and .38. The bullet seater and crimp die for the .357 won't adjust short enough for the .38 and that explains why you have a seperate .38 seating and crimp die that just happens to be made by C-H Machine tool co.

jeb_ingram
12-11-2011, 23:40
CG thanks. You answered a few questions I didn't have until after I read your answer.

ColoCG
12-12-2011, 11:08
Your welcome Jeb, sounds like you made a nice haul on equipment.:thumbsup:

WiskyT
12-12-2011, 16:52
You can verify whether it is a carbide sizer by looking inside of it. The sizer is a visible ring, like a wedding band, that is fitted into the opening of the die.

GioaJack
12-12-2011, 17:06
If it looks anything like a wedding band destroy it with fire... it will eventually drive you insane and take half your stuff!

Jack

ron59
12-12-2011, 17:19
If it looks anything like a wedding band destroy it with fire... it will eventually drive you insane and take half your stuff!

Jack

I dunno... seems like you did pretty good getting half HER stuff, right?

I seem to recall a wig, bra, dress.... hell, probably matching purse too, huh? You go, Jack.

:rofl:

ColoCG
12-12-2011, 22:59
I dunno... seems like you did pretty good getting half HER stuff, right?

I seem to recall a wig, bra, dress.... hell, probably matching purse too, huh? You go, Jack.

:rofl:

Jack probably had that stuff before he got married, now you why he's been divorced so many times.:whistling: