Un registered handgun [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Un registered handgun

Liqud8tr
12-12-2011, 06:52
Given the political climate in this country and the escalation of social strife/class warfare, I think there is a not insignificant chance that the government may attempt to confiscate our weapons.

Is there any state in the union where one can legally purchase a handgun without it being registered with the government?

CitizenOfDreams
12-12-2011, 07:41
Florida is one example of such a state. :wavey: Private sales do not require any government registration.

Jerry
12-12-2011, 07:44
Given the political climate in this country and the escalation of social strife/class warfare, I think there is a not insignificant chance that the government may attempt to confiscate our weapons.

Is there any state in the union where one can legally purchase a handgun without it being registered with the government?

The 4473 does not go to the gummymnet, it stays with the dealer, so it’s not perceived as registration. Private sales in most states, do not require a 4470 or the sale to be registered with the state or local government. Anyone with half a brain will check out the person they are selling a firearms to just for their own protection. So the answer to your question is yes.

1gewehr
12-12-2011, 09:36
MOST states do not require any firearm registration, contrary to what you might believe from watching CSI or other TV shows.

mike from st pe
12-12-2011, 14:30
Do you have a CCW? Ever buy from the CMP? Do you have a hunting license?
Very little need to register guns, when we/they can just register gun owners.

jwagess
12-12-2011, 15:27
Having had an FFL, My experience with the 4473 hads been that if a firearm needs to be traced they go to the manufacturer then to the distributor then to you.

Liqud8tr
12-13-2011, 08:24
Thanks all.

I live in the police state called Illinois and after jumping through all the hoops needed to purchase my firearms here I just assumed that most/all legal transactions ended up with the weapons serial number registered with the Feds.

Having specific firearms registered is much different than merely being registered as an owner. If the time comes when they do decide to confiscate, showing up on your doorstep looking for/demanding a specific weapon is much different than just demanding "all your guns".

Jerry
12-13-2011, 09:54
Thanks all.

I live in the police state called Illinois and after jumping through all the hoops needed to purchase my firearms here I just assumed that most/all legal transactions ended up with the weapons serial number registered with the Feds.

Having specific firearms registered is much different than merely being registered as an owner. If the time comes when they do decide to confiscate, showing up on your doorstep looking for/demanding a specific weapon is much different than just demanding "all your guns".

When they show up at your door demanding your firearms itís time to give them to them. One bullet at a time! :whistling: