Holster suggestions for my G27, Please? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Holster suggestions for my G27, Please?

Doc Mark
12-12-2011, 06:53
Greetings, All,

For those that carry a G27, what type of holster(s) do you use? What works best to allow for quick access, yet great concealment? IWB? OWB? I need to add a holster to my regular carry "wardrobe" for my G27, and I'd appreciate hearing what you have to recommend. Anyone use a Milt Sparks, or Kelley Leather holster for their G27? Thanks, very much, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
Doc

ashecht
12-12-2011, 07:08
i carry a g26 in a Shielded holster IWb. Same size as a G27. Every bit as good as a CBST, but cheaper and faster to get. Kurtis Baker does great work and stands by his product. Keep in mind that if you go IWB, you are going to need pants 1 to 2 sizes bigger than normal to accomodate the holster/gun. Also a good stiff gun belt is as important as the holster. IWB holsters will give you the ability to determine position on your waist as well as cant. OWB will allow you to use your current wardrobe, but limits your concealability options, especially in warmer weather when you dont have layers of clothing on. I personally prefer a kydex holster over all leather ones, as the kydex will never lose its rigidity. I have seen several stories here of worn leather holsters getting caught up in the trigger guard/trigger. The G26/27 are certainly small enough to comfortably carry IWB, as I carry my G26 like that all the time, and often forget I have it on. Now my 92FS is another story. Purchasing an OWB for that one and it will be relagated to CCW during the colder months only.

jr05
12-12-2011, 07:15
Just recently got a comptac mtac for my G26 and love it. I would highly recommend you look into them.

Made Man
12-12-2011, 07:25
CBST Deluxe

Shadyscott69
12-12-2011, 07:27
Do you want IWB?

http://i638.photobucket.com/albums/uu106/shadyscott999/IMG_20110106_103120.jpg?t=1295315024

Or OWB?

http://sethsgunleather.com/images/OWB.ht3.jpg

Pierre!
12-12-2011, 10:45
Uncle Mikes #12 Softie... Strong side appendix carry - Even works in sweat pants!

Happy Shopping,
and

Merry Christmas!

Patrick

poodleplumber
12-12-2011, 15:29
I settled on a DeSantis Inner Piece. It gets discussed very little but I find it very comfortable and stable. The little tongue beneath the muzzle projects along the beltline and stabilizes the holster nicely.

http://www.desantisholster.com/store/SEARCH-BY-GUN-MANUFACTURER/GLOCK/26-27-33/INSIDE-THE-WAIST-BAND-HOLSTERS/Inner-Piece

robrides85
12-12-2011, 15:45
Clipdraw + Raven Concealment Vanguard

http://www.ravenconcealment.com/image/cache/data/Vanguard1260-500x500-250x250.jpg (http://www.ravenconcealment.com/holsters/other-holsters/vanguard-holster/other-holsters-vanguard-holster)

dkf
12-12-2011, 15:49
I have been going back and forth between a Galco King Tuk and a Comptac Infidel Slide with the clip. The Infidel goes on and off really easy.

GenoTac Ind.
12-12-2011, 17:14
Comptac AND Raven...with that said get one from Swinkster on here, he makes great holsters.

ViennaGambit
12-12-2011, 17:54
I have a G26, but love my Don Hume 715 IWB.

Quarter Tank
12-12-2011, 18:06
IWB CBST Deluxe
OWB iTAC Defense w/ extra mag holder

beforeobamabans
12-15-2011, 04:15
if you're willing to spend some money to end your holster search once and for all, do yourself a favor and read through the website below. Gary Brommeland is one of the superb leathersmiths of our time and unlike many other premium custom leather shops, he still hand fabricates each and every holster himself. One poster above spoke about having to buy larger pants to wear IWB. This is not the case with the Max Con V. It is a minimalist holster because the design objective, as the name suggests, is maximum concealment. Plus, it is designed for the optimum concealment position "the hollow between kidney and ribs" where it just about disappears.

Read through his website and if nothing else, you will learn a few things about holster design and construction. Then, give him a call. He is more than willing to take the time to discuss your individual needs and make a recommendation. Some things are worth investing more than normal to achieve optimum functionality as well as supreme aesthetic satisfaction. A Brommeland holster is one of those quality of life enhancements that you will thank yourself for everyday.
http://www.brommelandgunleather.com/

RMD
12-15-2011, 09:46
Greetings, All,

For those that carry a G27, what type of holster(s) do you use? What works best to allow for quick access, yet great concealment? IWB? OWB? I need to add a holster to my regular carry "wardrobe" for my G27, and I'd appreciate hearing what you have to recommend. Anyone use a Milt Sparks, or Kelley Leather holster for their G27? Thanks, very much, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
Doc

Really like my CBST for IWB & Glock Sport/Combat for OWB.

Don Hume 721OT is nice for OWB as well (comfy & priced right), just not as high & tight as the Glock S/T.

Doc Mark
12-15-2011, 10:20
Greetings, All,

Many thanks for your holster recommendations, Folks! I've tried most of the regular makers, over the years, like Galco, Bianchi, Don Hume, Uncle Mike's, and more, and they have worked very well, indeed. But, lately, I got my first Milt Sparks holster, whilst waiting for MS to make me another one. I have to say, it's far nicer than most others I've tried over the years, holds the pistol better (Colt Lightweight Officers ACP), allows a quick and easy presentation, and carries very nicely, indeed! I also have another holster, it, too, for the little Colt, coming from Steven, at Kelley Leather. So, for my G27, I am most interested in either something from MS, Kelley Leather, or Brommeland, and other makers of that ilk. I've checked lots of websites, and one thing strikes me that might bear comment. In the old days, it was hard to find a really nice holster. A few makers, such as MS, and others, did turn out a superlative product, and that is what they still do. But, I am amazed at just how many outstanding holster makers there are out there, today, Folks! We have, at our fingertips, a selection of good holsters like we've never had before, and from quite a few good and talented folks! This is a wonderful blessing, but that does make it hard to choose!! So many good holster, so little coin to try them all!! :thumbsup:

From what I've seen at Brommeland, Gary makes a holster that is equal to make of the other great makers, but might be a bit more slim in execution than some others. This is intriguing to me, and I'll be check out his stuff further. Thanks, again, to one and all who posted their suggestions, and I especially appreciate the photos!! Take care, my Friends, Merry Christmas, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
Doc

NG VI
12-15-2011, 14:45
FIST #1AK, excellent IWB holster, super thin, exactly the right amount of retention, has a good clip design, perfect match for the Glock 26/27.

I love Comp-Tac but I think the MTACs are a better fit for a larger, heavier gun than the subcompact Glocks.

And the Sport/Combat Glock holster is outstanding for OWB carry.

RRrider
12-15-2011, 14:45
Clipdraw + Raven Concealment Vanguard

http://www.ravenconcealment.com/image/cache/data/Vanguard1260-500x500-250x250.jpg (http://www.ravenconcealment.com/holsters/other-holsters/vanguard-holster/other-holsters-vanguard-holster)

This is what I have for my G23, and I love it.

huggytree
12-17-2011, 09:07
OWB- black widow (has thumb break strap)
IWB- King Tuck

what i like about both is they are high riding....both hide under a untucked teeshirt

2740dmx
12-18-2011, 12:04
I carried my G27 in a Fist, Inc IWB.
It was ultra-thin kydex, #1K model?
Great concealability...if a bit uncomfortable at times, due to the somewhat sharp edges...

If I were to get another holster for G27 (no longer own a Glock), I would look at Seth's Gunleather or TT Gunleather....

OdessaDan
12-23-2011, 19:00
all of the holsters that are listed are great holsters. I spent a lot of money on holsters for my G27 and after all that I ended up with a $25 Sticky Holster. I absolutely love the Sticky Holster.

The holster stays in the exact spot it is put in and works in every pair of shorts and pants I have.

They are great and cheap.

Dan

fla2760
12-25-2011, 22:32
I carry my glock 27 iwb appendix position in either a Don Hume iwb rig or a De Santis dual carry. I also like the Galco Matrix belt slide for carrying around the house.

warrior1
12-25-2011, 23:32
I use the Blackhawk size 5. Fits great and is comfortable.

Wonder140
12-26-2011, 04:39
I use the Blackhawk size 5. Fits great and is comfortable.

^^ This

Simple and gets the job done.

jb1911
12-26-2011, 07:20
I just ordered a Desantis Cozy Partner for my G26, but it hasn't arrived yet.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51lLPAMPRDL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

RightGlock1
12-26-2011, 07:58
Homemade Kydex OWB holster. Holds close to the body, conceals well under a t-shirt. I have a Crossbreed Supertuck and just can't get used to the IWB method.
It's uncomfortable. (Doesn't help that I could probably stand to lose 10 pounds).
Just prefer OWB.

Bill Lumberg
12-26-2011, 09:32
You have some very good suggestions, and some comically bad ones. Try a glock sport for iwb, and one of Seth's or crossbreeds for IWB. Above all, carry in a proper holster, not in a gimmick. And do so on a proper gunbelt. Good luck.

G33Fla
12-26-2011, 09:39
I use mainly the desantis Cozy partner, then the small of back when its cooler weather, also thunderwear has been a favorite, and rarely my ankle rig
http://www.desantisholster.com/store/SEARCH-BY-GUN-MANUFACTURER/GLOCK/26-27-33/INSIDE-THE-WAIST-BAND-HOLSTERS/Cozy-Partner

http://www.desantisholster.com/store/SEARCH-BY-GUN-MANUFACTURER/GLOCK/26-27-33/BELT-HOLSTERS/Small-of-Back

HKLovingIT
12-26-2011, 14:22
I have the following for my G26:

Galco Summer Comfort: IWB leather with two belt snap loops. Don't like it too much. Always feels like the pistol is going to pop out of it like a potato.

Galco Summer Comfort 2: IWB leather with two snap loops for the belt. This updated model of the holster has a thumb break. I like it very much.

Comptac MTAC: IWB hybrid leather backing and kydex shell. Can have a variety of clips and belt attachments. I like it pretty good. It's very comfortable.

Comptac Infidel: IWB, all Kydex. Surprsingly very comfortable. You can get a belt clip or loops for it. I have loops. Other guys have taken the C-Clips from the MTAC and put them on this.

Raven Concealment Phantom: OWB Kydex. It's okay. It's thin, is built well, rides well, etc. If you want a thin Kydex concealment holster this is the one to get or one of the many knock offs. Can also be setup for IWB carry.

Galco Fletch: OWB Leather with thumb break. Love it. Super comfortable.

Desantis Nemesis: Pocket holster. Works very well to break up the outline of the pistol. I like it a lot.

Bianchi Something or other: It's like a high ride version of the Galco Summer Comfort but with offset loops and a slide guard. Very well made. Just rides too high for my tastes with such a short slide pistol.

Glock Sport Combat: it was cheap. I don't use it. I just have it because.

Fobus Paddle: Very comfortable and actually holds the pistol in well. For an inexpensive paddle option for around the property or using at the range it's nice.

That's all I can think of right now.

99% or the time I use the Galco Fletch or the Galco Summer Comfort 2. I like thumb break holsters and get them whenever I can and wear them in preference to others. I'm hoping to check out a Safariland ALS soon as a possible OWB.

writwing
12-27-2011, 07:28
Milt Sparks Summer Special. You can get one from Midway without the 9 month wait.