Unrelated to VT VA Trooper OIS Thursday [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Unrelated to VT VA Trooper OIS Thursday

DoogieHowser
12-12-2011, 07:56
I logged into my e-mail for the first time in a few days this morning and found. As you all know by now, the Virginia Tech Officer that was shot and killed was Deirek Crouse, a four year officer with a military background and a beautiful family. We are all shocked and saddened by this horrible occurrence and I know you join me in expressing our profound condolences to Officer Crouse’s family and to the entire Virginia Tech Police Department family.

We also had another terrible shooting of a Virginia State Trooper late yesterday afternoon. Trooper Michael Harner was responding to a call for reports of a pedestrian on the interstate, there was a struggle in his vehicle and they both ended up being shot. It is still under investigation, however, Trooper Harner’s injuries do not appear to be life threatening thank goodness. Please hold him and his family in your thoughts as well.

These two shootings on the same day just magnify what you all are up against every time you go out on patrol. Please know that what you do is vital to our safety throughout the Commonwealth and I know that you will go out each and every day with the same resolve that you always go out with…to protect and serve. It is so appreciated.

Please keep these all the families that are touched with this kind of violence in your hearts, and please, please be careful while out doing your jobs.

There have been an abnormal number of OIS events in the last 7 days. Be vigilant everyone.

G27Chief
12-12-2011, 08:11
Prayers for a full and complete recovery for the Trooper.

Stay alert out there.

Ajon412
12-12-2011, 11:31
I logged into my e-mail for the first time in a few days this morning and found.

There have been an abnormal number of OIS events in the last 7 days. Be vigilant everyone.

Remember, nothing is ROUTINE, take nothing for granted and trust your instincts.....Prayers sent...

Patchman
12-12-2011, 18:24
Ajon, your reminder is well appreciated.

Lady Luck smiled on Trooper Harner.

TScottW99
12-13-2011, 21:04
Tis the season. Everyone be safe!!

Deadliest Days in Law Enforcement

http://blog.odmp.org/2011/12/deadliest-days-in-law-enforcement-are.html?spref=fb