PDA

View Full Version : Tactical balls?

OfficerChris
12-12-2011, 10:16
Anyone used them lol?
http://www.lapolicegear.com/brite-tactical-balls.html

Mayhem like Me
12-12-2011, 11:06
We have three sets of the remmington version . They are excellent and a big plus on slow and deliberate clearing.

Mayhem like Me
12-12-2011, 11:08
Whoa not like those, ours are the camera Tactical Balls...........they are Big Heavy and black with a durable rubber coating, ....Our Balls that is.......

COLOSHOOTR
12-12-2011, 16:47
As cheesy as those things look they actually work pretty well....

Awhile ago got some of those for pretty much nothing with my flashlight order. After opening up the box with the rest of my goodies I pulled them out and thought the exact same thing I know all the rest of you are thinking, they would just be another toy to have my dog and cat chase around. The next week I had a force on force training class and for some reason decided to grab the brite strike "tactical balls" on the way out the door. I didn't show them to anyone for fear of what would come if I did but I tossed them in my pocket as we entered the building to seek out the "active shooters." During the search we narrowed the gunfire to a upper floor rear area that has one entry down a nasty hallway. It being a horrible area tactically speaking I decided to break out the "tactical balls" thinking what the heck maybe it will buy me a second or two. So, I roll them in the room and we make entry..... As I enter I see BG with a long gun but instead of looking at me his head is down looking at the stupid balls. BG looks up and starts to turn towards us but it's too late I'd allready sent three sims COM sparking off the flurry of shots from the rest of our team. I'd done an entry in that room before and in that scenario two cops were hit because it's an area that gives the suspect a serious advantage. After it was all over the guy playing the BG was all about those balls because he didn't know if they were going to blow up or if a midget ninja was going to pop out of one. So as stupid as the seem they actually do work!

Ajon412
12-12-2011, 17:20
After it was all over the guy playing the BG was all about those balls because he didn't know if they were going to blow up or if a midget ninja was going to pop out of one. So as stupid as the seem they actually do work!

:rofl::rofl:...Actually, for only $40, I just might have to pick up a 3 pack

indigent
12-12-2011, 23:11
Damn..... I so thought this was gonna be a SWAT thread....

However, they do look interesting.

Morris
12-12-2011, 23:14
Brite is a cop owned company. Unknown if the stuff is US made, though.

OfficerChris
12-13-2011, 13:05
I do have to say I like the Idea, but I am not sure if I would want to use it when there really is a threat

Cochese
12-13-2011, 15:12
I enter I see BG with a long gun but instead of looking at me his head is down looking at the stupid balls. BG looks up and starts to turn towards us but it's too late I'd allready sent three sims COM sparking off the flurry of shots from the rest of our team. I'd done an entry in that room before and in that scenario two cops were hit because it's an area that gives the suspect a serious advantage. After it was all over the guy playing the BG was all about those balls because he didn't know if they were going to blow up or if a midget ninja was going to pop out of one. So as stupid as the seem they actually do work!

I love you man.

:rofl:

COLOSHOOTR
12-15-2011, 01:25
I love you man.

:rofl:

Glad I could entertain.... He really did say WTF are those things and told me he thought they might blow up. I was just surprised they actually worked against a trained adversary!

puckhead
12-15-2011, 01:37
After it was all over the guy playing the BG was all about those balls because he didn't know if they were going to blow up or if a midget ninja was going to pop out of one.

This is awesome and sig worthy!

Cochese
12-15-2011, 01:56
Glad I could entertain.... He really did say WTF are those things and told me he thought they might blow up. I was just surprised they actually worked against a trained adversary!

Bonus if you yelled frag out when you deployed them. :rofl:

COLOSHOOTR
12-15-2011, 02:41
Bonus if you yelled frag out when you deployed them. :rofl:

Darn I totally forgot my line..... All I could mutter is let's see how these stupid things work.

m2hmghb
12-15-2011, 03:27
Darn I totally forgot my line..... All I could mutter is let's see how these stupid things work.

I think "flashlight out" would be more appropriate.