Lawyer has been suspended for six months for falsely accusing a Trooper [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Lawyer has been suspended for six months for falsely accusing a Trooper

DonGlock26
12-12-2011, 20:15
"A Queens lawyer has been suspended for six months for falsely accusing a New Jersey state trooper of using anti-Semitic slurs against him, according to a ruling released yesterday."

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/queens/lying_lawyer_slapped_rDH2jze7X5cOTtBfYh2xRM#ixzz1gNQpvmlU

:supergrin:

_

JohnnyReb
12-12-2011, 20:20
That should be an offense worthy of disbarment.

Sam Spade
12-12-2011, 20:21

:dancingbanana:

collim1
12-12-2011, 20:25
What attorney wouldn't know the stop was most likely videotaped?

DonGlock26
12-12-2011, 21:11

A Queens lawyer.

What did I win? :supergrin:

_

PinkoCommie
12-12-2011, 21:25
The sad thing is that if the Trooper was the one caught in a lie, he would have lost his job.

4949shooter
12-12-2011, 21:26
I think this happened on the Turnpike. I should find out more tomorrow.

Morris
12-12-2011, 23:16
The sad thing is that if the Trooper was the one caught in a lie, he would have lost his job.

And he would have been sued by the lawyer for a bazillion dollars.

Ajon412
12-12-2011, 23:31

Not a very good one......and a 6 month suspension isn't nearly enough.

Patchman
12-13-2011, 03:20
That was just a slap on the wrist. He should have been disbarred permanently. Also arrested for filing a false police report and fined the cost of the NJSP investigation.

Kadetklapp
12-13-2011, 08:11
A lawyer was disciplined????

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh192/kadetklapp/epiccatisepic.jpg

Morris
12-13-2011, 11:28
I know our chief would have likely had charges filed for false reporting. He's tired of nonsense like this and if he has video to support the officer, he will go full forward.

glockandme
12-13-2011, 11:30
We have an attorney who is a druggy around here, been arrested a handful of times over the past few years. . .and STILL allowed to practice law! A lawyer would have to commit murder before these boards would disbar one of their own!

w01
12-13-2011, 14:47
It's not disbarment, but it's a big deal for a professional. It will be a permanent part of his license history, in most states available with a minimal amount of google-fu. He will have to explain it every time he seeks admission to the bar of a new state or seeks to appear pro hac vice. And it may prevent him from being employed as a lawyer anywhere except private practice or a "less than top rate" firm.

Patchman
12-13-2011, 15:32
Attorney Elliott Dear said he made up the outrageous allegations in hopes of getting out of a speeding ticket.

Court papers say the unidentified trooper pulled over Dear, an orthodox Jew, for going 84 in a 55-mph zone in 2007.

Six days after getting the ticket, Dear sent a letter to the traffic court saying, “This ticket shall be dismissed immediately” since (1) he wasn’t speeding and (2) “the officer called me a ‘Jew kike’ — and this prejudice obviously was the cause for the ticket,” the papers say.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/queens/lying_lawyer_slapped_rDH2jze7X5cOTtBfYh2xRM#ixzz1gS5iIF4X

OK, so this guy went to college. Went to law school. Graduated law school. Completed the ethics requirments. Passed the ethics requirement test. Passed the bar. Practiced law.

Then he goes and (1) lies about his speeding, and (2) makes racial allegation with the sole intention to benefit himself financially (don't have to pay fine, no increase in insurace).

He certainly didn't seem to give a hoot about the Trooper with his ugly lies.

Which raises the question of how often he's lied in court while acting as an attorney?

He needs to be disbarred permently.

Sam Spade
12-13-2011, 15:52
I wonder how deep his pockets are. Defamation, emotional stress, slander? libel? both?

Sue him. "It's about the principle."

vanilla_gorilla
12-14-2011, 22:31
I'm pleasantly surprised that anything at all was done.

Ajon412
12-14-2011, 23:31
Which raises the question of how often he's lied in court while acting as an attorney?

...Or made an allegation against an officer in NYS / NYC and been successful??? I wonder if NYPD IAD / CCRB has this jerk on record making an allegation....

JuneyBooney
12-18-2011, 09:51
"A Queens lawyer has been suspended for six months for falsely accusing a New Jersey state trooper of using anti-Semitic slurs against him, according to a ruling released yesterday."

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/queens/lying_lawyer_slapped_rDH2jze7X5cOTtBfYh2xRM#ixzz1gNQpvmlU

:supergrin:

_

Maybe he thinks of himself as a "J.. K..." and was upset that he got caught. :rofl: That is really pretty funny. He was stupid enough to not think he was being recorded. :rofl: I saw an attorney go to court over a speeding ticket and tell the judge that he had a clean record. The judge had computer access which showed numerous driving offenses..lawyer was disbarred for lying to the judge. This guy got off easy with just a suspension. Can you imagine the teenagers giving him crank phone calls now..:faint:

Pinki
12-18-2011, 10:24
A lawyer lied? OMG stop the press :rofl: This ruling however, is a good start :thumbsup:

x_out86
12-18-2011, 11:10
Glad to see that the lying dope was disciplined. If I was the trooper, I would retain my own attorney and go after him for making false claims.