Projectile Dysfunction [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Projectile Dysfunction

DoctaGlockta
12-13-2011, 03:20
I haven't had the chance to shoot is some time and to be honest my last few sessions haven't been too hot. Key holing, poor accuracy - pretty frustrating.

45acp load has been 230 grain MBC LRN over 6.0 grains of Unique shot out of my G30sf.

But finally made it to the range today and grabbed an box that I must have loaded a few months ago.

Shazam! These rounds shot great. I was amazed with the accuracy - and no key holing. I'm going to pull a few rounds I left to see exactly how much powder is in those rounds. My new Dillon eliminator scale should come in handy.

Or it could be something else. Need to figure it out.

For those of you who are suffering from projectile dysfunction please don't give up hope. You are not alone. Don't be ashamed. There is a solution.

Happy Holidays Gentlemen! http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/images/smilies/wavey%5B1%5D.gif

ron59
12-13-2011, 05:56
I haven't had the chance to shoot is some time and to be honest my last few sessions haven't been too hot. Key holing, poor accuracy - pretty frustrating.

45acp load has been 230 grain MBC LRN over 6.0 grains of Unique shot out of my G30sf.

But finally made it to the range today and grabbed an box that I must have loaded a few months ago.

Shazam! These rounds shot great. I was amazed with the accuracy - and no key holing. I'm going to pull a few rounds I left to see exactly how much powder is in those rounds. My new Dillon eliminator scale should come in handy.

You mean you don't know already?

:faint::faint:

DoctaGlockta
12-13-2011, 05:59
You mean you don't know already?

:faint::faint:

Like I stated above it was supposed to be 6.0 grains. However I had been using a Lee scale in the past. I check rounds every once in a while but I don't weigh each single round every single time. It may be something else I'll have to see.

Colorado4Wheel
12-13-2011, 07:05
Look at crimp as well.

creophus
12-13-2011, 07:24
Like I stated above it was supposed to be 6.0 grains. However I had been using a Lee scale in the past. I check rounds every once in a while but I don't weigh each single round every single time. It may be something else I'll have to see.

I find the Lee scale to be accurate, but hard to read. I used one for a while before getting my 505. I've compared charge weights on both scales and they check out.

fredj338
12-13-2011, 09:12
Unique & lead bullets, like PB&J. If it won't shoot lead bullets w/ Unique, it probably won't shoot lead bullets. Make sur they are 0.452" before & after loading.

GioaJack
12-13-2011, 10:38
If your accuracy lasts longer than 4 hours call a doctor.

Jack

DoctaGlockta
12-13-2011, 10:56
If your accuracy lasts longer than 4 hours call a doctor.

Jack

Damn you are good.

geofri
12-13-2011, 18:59
Damn you are good.

I knew he'd be on this thread in no time. He is really experienced with these sort of issues.