Indy Metro cop shot, smokes perp. Suspect "a good dad" [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Indy Metro cop shot, smokes perp. Suspect "a good dad"

Kadetklapp
12-13-2011, 08:59
http://www.fox59.com/news/wxin-dewey-runnels-suspect-dies-in-shootout-following-traffic-stop-injured-officer-expect-to-recover-20111212,0,5175193.column

More fun in the toilet that is the Greater Metropolitan Indianapolis Area... :whistling:

MeefZah
12-13-2011, 09:05
Sounds like he will make a full recovery, that's good news.

One less d-bag on the streets, also good news.

Kadetklapp
12-13-2011, 09:07
Sounds like he will make a full recovery, that's good news.

One less d-bag on the streets, also good news.

The reverends will be coming out of the woodwork shortly, you watch...:upeyes:

jwhite75
12-13-2011, 09:52
He had a good job he was starting next Monday....just starting to turn it around and the evil police officer ended it all.:whistling:

Kadetklapp
12-13-2011, 11:35
A few more details about the stop and the perp-
http://www.fox59.com/news/wxin-police-release-additional-details-in-officer-shooting-20111213,0,445853.column

IndyGunFreak
12-13-2011, 11:45
More fun in the toilet that is the Greater Metropolitan Indianapolis Area... :whistling:

That area, is a rough, rough area. I saw an article that said most of the problems that area has, are from people who live outside the area. Yeah right. That is not an area you're in after dark (if you have any sense).

My Mom, she takes a lady home that she works with that lives not far from where this took place. I hate her doing it, and have voiced my opinion on it. Her theory is, it's safer for her to drive, drop her off, and get out of there, rather than that woman have to walk home in that area. She's right of course... but still.

Thankfully her car's doors auto lock and I don't have to worry about whether she has locked them or not.

Glad the Officer is OK.

IndyGunFreak
12-13-2011, 11:48
Obviously a peaceful man, whom everyone loved..

http://www.in.gov/apps/indcorrection/ofs/ofs?previous_page=1&detail=149140

Ajon412
12-13-2011, 12:12
One for the good guys.....Prayers sent....

Snowman92D
12-13-2011, 12:17
Ol' Demetrius sounds like a stellar citizen. :whistling:

Fox59 searched police reports in Marion County and came up with 12 different reports involving Martin, including incidents involving drugs, guns and assault. He was also involved in several incidents while in jail. In one, Martin allegedly smeared feces and urine on another inmate.

The officer involved is no slouch on the firing range. :thumbsup:

BailRecoveryAgent
12-13-2011, 12:56
Obviously a peaceful man, whom everyone loved..

http://www.in.gov/apps/indcorrection/ofs/ofs?previous_page=1&detail=149140

They become real peaceful after they're dead.:whistling:

Chuck54
12-13-2011, 14:15
Did his Cuz say HE just had a baby ?

A6Gator
12-13-2011, 18:45

I was in Indy yesterday.

(1) Glad the officer is doing well.

(2) You can't swing a dead cat around Indy w/out hitting some homeless folks. Didn't they get the cold weather memo? :supergrin:

G27Chief
12-13-2011, 23:21
Prayers for the officer!

Ship A'Hoy
12-14-2011, 05:24
prayers for the officer and a full recovery

IndyGunFreak
12-14-2011, 06:37
(2) You can't swing a dead cat around Indy w/out hitting some homeless folks. Didn't they get the cold weather memo? :supergrin:

I'm assuming you were Downtown. There are a lot of shelters/missions downtown, or very close to downtown. So most of the homeless check out in the morning, go get their drink on, hopefully are sober enough to check back in around 5-6 that night. I'm guessing our homeless problem is no different than any other big city. I think it's just because it is so concentrated downtown, it looks worse.

IGF

Kadetklapp
12-14-2011, 07:42
I'm assuming you were Downtown. There are a lot of shelters/missions downtown, or very close to downtown. So most of the homeless check out in the morning, go get their drink on, hopefully are sober enough to check back in around 5-6 that night. I'm guessing our homeless problem is no different than any other big city. I think it's just because it is so concentrated downtown, it looks worse.

IGF

I think the transient/homeless problem has gotten considerably worse in the last 2 years or so. That or the bodies just aren't making it all the way to the White River as efficiently as they used to...

Sippo
12-14-2011, 10:01
Hats off to the officer! Great response under stress.

"Good Dad" would have been better off in prison.

IndyGunFreak
12-14-2011, 15:08
I think the transient/homeless problem has gotten considerably worse in the last 2 years or so. That or the bodies just aren't making it all the way to the White River as efficiently as they used to...

Well of course it's gotten worse, it's gotten worse all over the country, Indy is no different.

However, there's a heavy concentration of homeless people in Downtown Indy, that typically isn't found as you proceed further out from the center of town.

Jeff82
12-14-2011, 15:28
THAT'S where I went wrong!! I missed the part about shooting cops being necessary for being a "good man."

Hopeful for a full recovery for the officer. Glad to see the problem was dealt with in a decisive way.

4949shooter
12-14-2011, 16:09
Prayers sent for the swift recovery of Officer Runnels.

fla2760
12-16-2011, 16:27
Speedy recovery to the police officer. To all the miscreants out there who are about turn over a new leaf, don't do it! You will be shot by the police for no reason.:whistling:

x_out86
12-17-2011, 01:25
Of course he was a good person, and would have not shot at the police. Duh! What do think lady, we just have nothing better to do than make this **** up, and go around planting bullet wounds in our own legs? Typical getto queen logic....

Good shooting by the officer. Speedy recovery to him as well.

JuneyBooney
12-18-2011, 09:45
Ol' Demetrius sounds like a stellar citizen. :whistling:

Fox59 searched police reports in Marion County and came up with 12 different reports involving Martin, including incidents involving drugs, guns and assault. He was also involved in several incidents while in jail. In one, Martin allegedly smeared feces and urine on another inmate.

The officer involved is no slouch on the firing range. :thumbsup:

He sure does sound like a good guy. :whistling: I bet they even found crack in the car. :upeyes: That evil police officer kilt a good man. :faint:Shooting sounds clean to me.