NC and VA [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : NC and VA

rpgman
12-14-2011, 09:24
going up to Maryland from South Carolina.

Have a CCW from South Carolina and non-Res. Florida.

I know I'm valid in both NC and VA and I have to put it away, empty, in the back of the SUV when I get to MD.

But, what I don't know, if stopped in either NC or VA, do I need to tell the officer that I'm carrying and where the gun is on me and produce my CCW permits?

I know I have to do that in South Carolina, but not sure of NC or VA.

Any help? I've been to http://www.handgunlaw.us/
but it's just not clear when stopped.

Thanks.

Alcoy
12-14-2011, 09:26
Not a requirement in VA to tell the officers. But I give my CHP with my DL when stopped. Both times they thanked me for letting them know.

whitebread
12-14-2011, 09:27
NC: If you have official interaction with a police officer, you must immediately notify them you have a CHP and have a concealed firearm. You do not need to produce your CHP unless asked.

rpgman
12-14-2011, 09:30
ok, I found NC's MUST Inform:

Must Inform Officer
From the NC Dept. of Justice Firearms Website
To possess a concealed handgun in North Carolina, you must:
 Carry your permit and a valid form of identification with you at all times.
 Disclose the fact that you have a valid concealed handgun permit when you are approached or
addressed by any law enforcement officer in North Carolina.

going up to Maryland from South Carolina.

Have a CCW from South Carolina and non-Res. Florida.

I know I'm valid in both NC and VA and I have to put it away, empty, in the back of the SUV when I get to MD.

But, what I don't know, if stopped in either NC or VA, do I need to tell the officer that I'm carrying and where the gun is on me and produce my CCW permits?

I know I have to do that in South Carolina, but not sure of NC or VA.

Any help? I've been to http://www.handgunlaw.us/
but it's just not clear when stopped.

Thanks.

rpgman
12-14-2011, 09:31
Not a requirement in VA to tell the officers. But I give my CHP with my DL when stopped. Both times they thanked me for letting them know.

thanks.

rpgman
12-14-2011, 09:31
NC: If you have official interaction with a police officer, you must immediately notify them you have a CHP and have a concealed firearm. You do not need to produce your CHP unless asked.

thanks.