Blue Line Family Gifts [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Blue Line Family Gifts

lsmountainman
12-14-2011, 10:16
My mother was asking if there are any family type gifts that law enforcement gives to family members. I was thinking of a Thin Blue Line sticker for her car, anything else you guys have done?

matt86
12-14-2011, 14:41
Do what you want, but I don't have a thin blue line sticker on my car and wouldn't want them on my family's car. It's not good to be known as LEO or LEO family off duty.

RocPO
12-14-2011, 15:43
Stickers on cars no good.

http://www.policetees.com/ has other kinds of things like cofffee mugs and stuff.

ODMP.org also has items for sale.

Patchman
12-14-2011, 15:59
Here's an item some retirees who moved down south to the retirement states have asked me for. Our agency's recruiters hand out those refrigerator magnets which are in the shape/design of out patrol cars. The retirees put the magnet on the back of their cars... with the idea that should they get pulled over, the LEO will see the magnet, etc...

Don't know if that's considered a Xmas gift. :)

I don't even know if new cars have enough metal in the back for a magnet to stick to!

collim1
12-14-2011, 18:04
Do what you want, but I don't have a thin blue line sticker on my car and wouldn't want them on my family's car. It's not good to be known as LEO or LEO family off duty.

I agree, the blue line sticker thing hasn't been a secret since 2003 in my area, probably earlier in other areas.

I dont even pay them attention anymore, I dont even ask about it on a stop anymore just write the ticket out.

Too many counterfeit stickers and non-related people with them on their vehicles.

I prefer my vehicle to look normal.

Ajon412
12-14-2011, 19:11
Here's an item some retirees who moved down south to the retirement states have asked me for. Our agency's recruiters hand out those refrigerator magnets which are in the shape/design of out patrol cars. The retirees put the magnet on the back of their cars... with the idea that should they get pulled over, the LEO will see the magnet, etc...

Don't know if that's considered a Xmas gift. :)

I don't even know if new cars have enough metal in the back for a magnet to stick to!

You make a very good point. I have a 2009 Chevy Tahoe squad and there isn't an ounce of metal on the back of the vehicle. It's all fiberglass, glass and plastic...

lsmountainman
12-14-2011, 19:36
You guys are right about keeping stickers on the cars. I have been debating about taking mine off just to remain anonymous...I did that today and will take my wife's off tonight!