Proper procedure on a stop of a Bounty Hunter [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Proper procedure on a stop of a Bounty Hunter

car541
12-15-2011, 20:06
Discuss:

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1387688

The poster on this thread says he has a car of the same make and model as the local PD (CVPI I assume) with blacked out windows for surveillance purposes.

I bet that Ford (or other full size police type sedan) with the tinted windows is a useful tool when you want to blend in. (blend in as the police that is)

This is good stuff "he checked and confirmed I was a good guy". My MDT is old, but I have never actually gotten a return of "good guy" from NCIC.

So, what is the proper procedure??????

Mayhem like Me
12-15-2011, 20:14
Add this to the whacker thread....

freeride88
12-15-2011, 20:54
I don't see a thing wrong with how the officer handled it, and the guy sounds like a wannabe.

silverado_mick
12-15-2011, 22:52
Add this to the whacker thread....

Damn, you beat me to it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jnc36rcpd
12-16-2011, 07:14
If it's this bounty hunter, I'd probably offer some professional courtesy. For most bail recovery agents, I'd still exercise some caution unless I knew them. As 541 posits, the MDT doesn't show a "good guy" status.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhlHpbZM_9k

Mayhem like Me
12-16-2011, 08:42
and ...you get no Special Accomodations on breaking the window tint statute from FDLE based on "whacker status".....f

razdog76
12-16-2011, 09:34
I think Mas' response was very eloquent.

Many forget that people respond according to their perspective, so while having a crown vic, tinted and of the same color as the local LE agency may be perfectly legal, it would certainly give the local LEO a blip on his whacker-DAR.

Add a couple of loaded guns, and there might be a blip, and a ping too.

Morris
12-16-2011, 09:46
A lotta wannabes in our area love the whole UC Vic thing.

They don't realize how often I fart on those seats, lost cups of coffee on the passenger side, drove over curbs while doing a rebel yell, shoved a ton of sunflower seeds and french fries under the seats, drove slow only to stomp the gas to catch someone, slammed the tranny into park while still rolling at 30mph to a burg call and so on.

But they seem to get their jollies getting their cars all dolled up. Humorously sad to watch them bid against taxi companies for the tired battle wagons.

blueiron
12-16-2011, 11:17
Not much to discuss.

He is another person with psychological deficits who needs self employment in "Bail Enforcement", a beat up CVPI, and some firearms to feel important in his otherwise unremarkable existence.

Hollywood D
12-16-2011, 18:22
A lotta wannabes in our area love the whole UC Vic thing.

They don't realize how often I fart on those seats, lost cups of coffee on the passenger side, drove over curbs while doing a rebel yell, shoved a ton of sunflower seeds and french fries under the seats, drove slow only to stomp the gas to catch someone, slammed the tranny into park while still rolling at 30mph to a burg call and so on.

But they seem to get their jollies getting their cars all dolled up. Humorously sad to watch them bid against taxi companies for the tired battle wagons.

LMAO

Seriously, anybody that buys a retired police car as their personal vehicle is nuts. Those cars are disgusting after we get done with them. I had a DUI in my backseat one night that puked so much if filled up the back floor then leaked to the passenger side front. HAHAHAHA!

People spitting pissing and crapping back there. No thanks. Plus I blow ass a lot in the front seat too.

RyanNREMTP
12-16-2011, 18:43
Open carry would have prevented this.

car541
12-16-2011, 21:22
If it's this bounty hunter, I'd probably offer some professional courtesy. For most bail recovery agents, I'd still exercise some caution unless I knew them. As 541 posits, the MDT doesn't show a "good guy" status.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhlHpbZM_9k

I once arrested a couple of Bounty Hunters for agg kidnapping after they went to a bail jumpers house, handcuffed his mother at gunpoint and then called the bail jumper to arrange his turning himself in to secure his mother's freedom.

His sister called 911.

They were literally citing some old court case which they said allowed that sort of thing as they went into the cell. As I was leaving, they were in a tank with about 40 other prisoners trying to explain to the Jail intake guys through the food slot that they should be let go, since they were basically like cops, and were on our side of the law.

They may have felt they were on the same side of the law, but they were definitely on the inmates' side of the door.....

I have minimal patience for most of these guys, Once they get an "AGENT" badge and a MOLLE vest, I pretty much treat them like MHRA cases.

car541
12-16-2011, 21:31

I dont understand. How would the ability for this "agent" to carry his firearm in plain view in any way improved this situation?

He is still a wannabe who drives around in a police type vehicle hoping someone thinks he is a cop. The only potential this guy has are: 1) the potential to commit a felony, 2) the potential to get hurt or 3) the potential to hurt someone.

He needs to drive a toyota corolla with a papa johns sign on the roof.

RyanNREMTP
12-16-2011, 21:37
I dont understand. How would the ability for this "agent" to carry his firearm in plain view in any way improved this situation?

He is still a wannabe who drives around in a police type vehicle hoping someone thinks he is a cop. The only potential this guy has are: 1) the potential to commit a felony, 2) the potential to get hurt or 3) the potential to hurt someone.

Sorry, I assumed you would know what the line is in reference to.

CJStudent
12-16-2011, 21:59

Lighten up, Francis. It's a reference to a long-running inside joke among those of us that have been active in CT for a while.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

car541
12-17-2011, 09:22
Sorry, I assumed you would know what the line is in reference to.

I missed the joke, which is actually quite funny.

My apologies, I just have Tactical Medic fatigue. I read your thread on passing the TCLEOSE BPO test and made the assumption that you were one of these EMT's that goes to the academy, comes on as a reserve and wants to go on the SWAT team. We have a bunch of these, and they are generally useless for anything other than telling people how high speed they are and how it is done "on my team" when the team they are referring to is an ambulance crew. We actually had one make a formal written request for a ballistic shield and authorization to place emergency equipment on his truck when he was still in the classroom portion of our FTO program orientation (so he could "respond" whatever that means). Your avatar just made me see red.

lawman800
12-17-2011, 09:42

Open carry of a 10mm while wearing the OC sash would have prevented everything by vaporizing the bad guys instantly.:whistling:

RyanNREMTP
12-17-2011, 13:00
I missed the joke, which is actually quite funny.

My apologies, I just have Tactical Medic fatigue. I read your thread on passing the TCLEOSE BPO test and made the assumption that you were one of these EMT's that goes to the academy, comes on as a reserve and wants to go on the SWAT team. We have a bunch of these, and they are generally useless for anything other than telling people how high speed they are and how it is done "on my team" when the team they are referring to is an ambulance crew. We actually had one make a formal written request for a ballistic shield and authorization to place emergency equipment on his truck when he was still in the classroom portion of our FTO program orientation (so he could "respond" whatever that means). Your avatar just made me see red.

Don't worry about it. I did that stuff but in wrong order. I've been a tactical medic for almost five years now. Going to the academy had nothing to do with that. Now I haven't done any of that other stuff. :rofl: Yet.

We have a medic on our team exactly like you describe. Which is funny for us. Gives us something to have fun with during training.

Lt Scott 14
12-17-2011, 15:26
The OC/CCW sash thing made me LMAO. I have seen the pictures and still chuckle. I saw a guy at a gun show who really was tacticalcool. Almost to the point of nazi impression, with SWAT thrown in. On his black baseball cap was written" Tactical Unit", full regalia, leg holster, body armour( the day temp was 88 deg.) Didn't have a full figured girlfriend though. Did see an all black CVPI on the curb with a plate that said" Kill em all, let God sort em out" sure it was his.

monkey dust
12-23-2011, 23:44
Not much to discuss.

He is another person with psychological deficits who needs self employment in "Bail Enforcement", a beat up CVPI, and some firearms to feel important in his otherwise unremarkable existence.

Just like "some" who wear the badge. Several examples can be seen in my home town.

Dukeboy01
12-24-2011, 07:15
Just like "some" who wear the badge. Several examples can be seen in my home town.

http://i424.photobucket.com/albums/pp326/Dukeboy34855/threadnecro.jpg

Go troll someplace else...

txleapd
12-24-2011, 09:28
A week isn't that bad. I don't think it's quite hit the zombie thread resurrection status yet.

I would like add to the original topic real quick, since I missed it the first time around...

Who, in their right mind, thinks that a CV with dark tint windows is even close to being acceptable for surveillance? Oh... Wait.... Squirrels (that's what we call whackers) do.

For the uninformed out there. Real cops try their damnedest to not look like cops.

wrenrj1
12-24-2011, 09:42
http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb87/wrenrj1/farva-super-troopers1.jpg

Morris
12-24-2011, 11:04
Several examples can be seen in my home town

Presumably, that includes you.

lawman800
12-24-2011, 11:27
Who, in their right mind, thinks that a CV with dark tint windows is even close to being acceptable for surveillance? Oh... Wait.... Squirrels (that's what we call whackers) do.

I have seen a few private detectives out here that drive around in darked out CVPI's and then wonder why they are not very effective at their gigs.:whistling:

m2hmghb
12-24-2011, 11:59
http://i424.photobucket.com/albums/pp326/Dukeboy34855/threadnecro.jpg

Go troll someplace else...

Oh my god, I can remember using that card in Magic the Gathering. We now return you to the previously trolled thread.

bccop
12-24-2011, 15:09
I laugh when people think they are so observant for spotting the unmarked car (unmarked car with push bar, LED lights, and antennaes) and call them undercover cars. As if anyone uses them as covert surveillance vehicles....

lawman800
12-24-2011, 21:40
I laugh when people think they are so observant for spotting the unmarked car (unmarked car with push bar, LED lights, and antennaes) and call them undercover cars. As if anyone uses them as covert surveillance vehicles....

Yep, when you wear a suit and roll up with a plain slicktop Crown Vic that has the exempt plates, and you have uniforms roll up with you in black and whites, that's when you can see who is a retard, and who is bereft of any higher mental functions.

The retard is the one that will ask, "Hey, are you a detective?"

The brain dead guy is the one that will ask, "Hey, are you undercover or something?"

Last time someone asked if I was undercover while I was decked out, I said if I was, I am not doing a very good job of it, am I? Also, if I was under cover, you think I could tell you? So either way, I am going to say no. That apparently made no sense to the guy so he just stood there and stared while he processed the information. I heard some gears pop and grind to a stop and smoke came out of his ears. Then his mouth dropped open and drool just slowly dripped out.