Which one of you almost pulled me over? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Which one of you almost pulled me over?

Davegrave
12-15-2011, 20:18
In Homewood, IL. :whistling: :rofl:

I dropped a work buddy off at the train and was heading back to work and saw a car with the license plate: GLOCK
I think it was a Challenger or Charger.

Came to a stop light and I thought, "I gotta snap a pic for GT"
So I did. Then I noticed the police stickers and police hat in the rear window and he pulled to the side to let me pass him then got right behind me and followed for a while. I was sure he was at least running my plates. I just knew I was gonna have to sound like a moron and tell him I'm just a Glock fan and liked the plate. :embarassed:

Patchman
12-16-2011, 05:05
A real police car with a license place that spelled out "GLOCK?" I don't think so!

I don't even think it was a car personally owned by a real policeman.

You should have stopped, waved him down, run up to his car and peeked inside.

MarcDW
12-16-2011, 05:16
...I don't even think it was a car personally owned by a real policeman...

Most LE will not leave items which ID them as LE in their personal vehicle.
An unmarked car would not have such a plate, it is advertising!

packsaddle
12-16-2011, 05:59
plate should have read "whacker".

Mayhem like Me
12-16-2011, 08:46
plate should have read "whacker".

Put it in the "whacker thread"

scottydl
12-16-2011, 18:04
Plate sounds cool.

Driver sounds like a wannabe.

Davegrave
12-16-2011, 18:15
Could I get in trouble for posting the pic? I don't see why.

To make the GLOCK plate more entertaining it was an Illinois "Prevent Violence" plate. :supergrin:
http://www.cyberdriveillinois.com/publications/pdf_publications/vsd529.pdf

I was looking in my rearview all nervous and I thought I saw lights on the dash, but I wasn't sure. He sure kept looking back and forth between my car and his seat like he was checking his computer. I really thought I was gonna get lit up.

scottydl
12-16-2011, 18:32
I have never seen any police agency in Illinois have any kind of personalized "citizen" plates on any police vehicle. It will either have police plates, or possibly standard 7-digit plates (like most other cars on the road) if it's an unmarked squad.

I think your imagination got the best of you. ;)

lawman800
12-17-2011, 09:56
Could I get in trouble for posting the pic? I don't see why.

To make the GLOCK plate more entertaining it was an Illinois "Prevent Violence" plate. :supergrin:
http://www.cyberdriveillinois.com/publications/pdf_publications/vsd529.pdf

I was looking in my rearview all nervous and I thought I saw lights on the dash, but I wasn't sure. He sure kept looking back and forth between my car and his seat like he was checking his computer. I really thought I was gonna get lit up.

Total wannabe or volunteer firefighter. No real cop car has a personalized plate unless it's a DARE car and no UC car has anything that draws attention to it... other than that it's a plain colored Vic or Charger... which is already bad enough.

Then again, his darting eyes could just be him trying to not drop the rest of his supersized french fries.

WarCry
12-17-2011, 10:38
All of the following is Random S.W.A.G., so take it for what you will...

It sounds like it may have been someone off-duty, going to or from work in their p.o.v. The hat and stickers...hat may be for a security company or something, stickers anyone can get, but most of the cops I know wouldn't have them on their car. The cops I know don't like the fact that their "employee parking" at work is in the open, and next to a city bus hub at that, so anyone can see what they drive in their down time.

Keep in mind, they don't like this because most have families they worry about, not because they feel "better" than anyone else.

And then the license plate. I don't know, I won't even put a Glock STICKER on my car, because it seems like it would be inviting someone to come into my car/house and go looking. I can't fathom it was a cop.

Now, call me paranoid, but if this guy waved you by and followed you for a bit, I'd be less worried/embarrassed about explaining it to a cop and more worried that someone that THINKS he's bigger **** than he is was trying to figure out where you were going.

Fragman
12-17-2011, 10:45
Total wannabe.........

Then again, his darting eyes could just be him trying to not drop the rest of his supersized french fries.

Yup. It's one or the other.