sig sauer 556 swat patrol rifle vs. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : sig sauer 556 swat patrol rifle vs.

srice425
12-15-2011, 21:27
i have a friend that wants to trade me my modified saiga 762x39 rifle for his sig 556 swat patrol rifle. do any of you have this rifle and can i get some honest review? i was looking to trade mt saiga for an AR but then this deal popped up and it seems like a great deal. he is throwing in a 250 dollar scope w 2x magnifier that seems really nice as well.

thought?

ScrappyDoo
12-16-2011, 01:00
Fyi I just typed a huge response nut this damn iPad has some weird glitch here it just erased everything. Im short - classic arms is selling Saiga 7.62 rifles for $299. Fully converted ones into Saiga 7.62 semi auto AKs for $499. Scope mounts and scope ( chesper ones mind u ) are like $60 OR what I want to do is a quad rail, LETS SAY u go cheap UTG quad rail $45 magpul AFG $35 4 packs XTM panels $30? And $100 for PA MICRODOT Red dot sight. Get the SIG Rifle and just pick up anther Saiga on the dirt cheap and recusromize it with some tactical blacktical hotness on the cheap and youre set for zombie terrorists and or occupiers.

srice425
12-16-2011, 08:00
ya, thats what i was thinkin. i put about 700 bucks into my last saiga that i bought from classic arms. i now know what i want and dont want next time i get one, so i can save some money. they are truely great weapon and i will deff get another one in the near future. after i finish this rem 700 tactical sniper.

srice425
12-16-2011, 08:29
i did happen to find this.

http://www.sigsauer.com/SigStore/ShowProductDetails.aspx?categoryid=29&productid=343

and this

https://www.cogunsales.com/index.php/vmchk/SIG-551-556-Parts-Accessories/View-all-products.html

Reswob
12-16-2011, 08:43
I think you might be trying to screw your friend. A home converted Saiga is worth, what, $500? And I've never seen a Sig 556 for less than $1,000.

TedG
12-16-2011, 09:15
I think you might be trying to screw your friend. A home converted Saiga is worth, what, $500? And I've never seen a Sig 556 for less than $1,000.

Even with that truth, I'd prefer the Saiga if it was done correctly.

I guess you could make the trade, sell the Sig, buy another Saiga and pocket the difference.

txgunguy
12-16-2011, 09:33
It's a good deal on your end. Not so much for your friend.

Mayhem like Me
12-16-2011, 10:35
If you want a 5.56 jump on this deal..

BlackPaladin
12-17-2011, 21:46
The last good in depth real world review of a Sig rifle convinced me that I won't be purchasing anything non German Sig.

srice425
12-17-2011, 23:49
its actually pretty even considering the aftermarket items that came with the saiga. quad rail, ace stock, mags, case, etc

srice425
12-17-2011, 23:49
The last good in depth real world review of a Sig rifle convinced me that I won't be purchasing anything non German Sig.

can you elaborate plz?

faawrenchbndr
12-18-2011, 07:10
The Sig 556 madels have been getting horrible reviews lately.
Sig Sauer's Exter made products have been lacking quality for the last few
years.

KalashniKEV
12-18-2011, 07:38
I think you might be trying to screw your friend.

Even with that truth, I'd prefer the Saiga if it was done correctly.

Both of these.

The deal favors you monetarily... but the Saiga is the better rifle by FAR.

tripleL
12-18-2011, 08:02
Are the SIG rifles really that bad? Are the Saigas worth picking up for $299?

faawrenchbndr
12-18-2011, 08:06
Are the SIG rifles really that bad???

From everything I've READ, I have no first hand experience, I would not
buy or trade for a Sig 556

BlackPaladin
12-18-2011, 09:13
Kalishnikev summed it up, while the Sig is worth more, it is nothing more than a toy to hold. Saiga makes a better quality product in every way comparable.

Darkangel1846
12-18-2011, 10:29
What nonsense ...take the Sig.

ScrappyDoo
12-18-2011, 13:05
Look I don't want to argue about Sigs in the least, because simply I can't personally attest. I like a lot of them, pistols and certainly rifles too and wouldn't be swoll if I got one for Christmas, 556, 516, whatever.

I can say the Saiga DEFINITELY IS WORTH $299 in every sense of the word. You just CANNOT GO WRONG with one. And it's great just as is, even if you just simply load 10 rounds of cheap 7.62x39mm into a 10 round mag and use it like that. But it can be enhanced with so many things like quad rails, fore grips, red dot/reflex optics, night sights, etc. and or even a rear scope mount and magnified rilfe scopes etc. making it a versatile 'truck gun' / 'ranch rifle' in the broadest sense all the way to a dedicated shooter- a real carry-all-do-it-all rifle that can do most.

I am hopefuly getting a decent settlement next year, and cause I believe a man without dreams is a man without hope, sometimes I dream about different awesome arms I might get and customize in the future (maybe a Recce-16 and a Mk12 SPR fully decked out, two M1As a SOCOM and a Loaded, maybe an Arsenal, maybe a 590A1/Supernova Tactical/M4?) but what I definitely will do early next year is get a $299 Saiga 7.62, spend a few bucks on some upgrades (Quad rail, grip, optic,, maybe a rear mount and scope?) and maybe a bunch of the 10 round $10 magaznes, and make me a customized rifle you can be proud of and be absolutely useful. just a lot of value, name of the game IMHO - Value for Dollar.

srice425
12-18-2011, 13:15
from what i can tell, comparing things in the gun world is like ppl comparing macs to pc's or chevys to fords. ppl love "their" gun and typically talk down the others when comparing to their brand. which is understandable and i was making this thread to get some opinions.

comes down to this, there are some really bad reviews (mostly about the original 556 design and not the newest swat patrol model that im getting) and some really good reviews online about the gun. i have found in the last week an equal number of both. the original design was pretty bad, but it appears that this new model has worked out all the kinks and is much better.

i have 2 friends that shoot these rifles and absolutely love them. one of the friends even bought a second one just like the first one bc he liked it so much.

i guess i will just have to try it out and see if its for me. i cant lose in the deal as i will eventually get and midify another saiga anyway.

thx for the info guys and have a merry xmas.

brausso
12-18-2011, 13:24
from what i can tell, comparing things in the gun world is like ppl comparing macs to pc's or chevys to fords. ppl love "their" gun and typically talk down the others when comparing to their brand. which is understandable and i was making this thread to get some opinions.

comes down to this, there are some really bad reviews (mostly about the original 556 design and not the newest swat patrol model that im getting) and some really good reviews online about the gun. i have found in the last week an equal number of both. the original design was pretty bad, but it appears that this new model has worked out all the kinks and is much better.

i have 2 friends that shoot these rifles and absolutely love them. one of the friends even bought a second one just like the first one bc he liked it so much.

i guess i will just have to try it out and see if its for me. i cant lose in the deal as i will eventually get and midify another saiga anyway.

Take the Sig and if you hate it, sell it and buy and Arsenal SGL. It's a win/win situation

faawrenchbndr
12-18-2011, 17:05

Trade away.........
$20 says you will be trading/selling the Sig 556 within 6 months!:whistling:

KalashniKEV
12-19-2011, 10:43
the original design was pretty bad, but it appears that this new model has worked out all the kinks and is much better.

The opposite, actually. The original 55X series is a solid rifle... the 556 is a junker.

But I know you probably think Cohen's SIG USA fixed something... probably by adding rainbow finish (I'm kidding) or properly sizing the gas port (they didn't)

http://i56.tinypic.com/vi1rug.jpg

That gun will quit on you and you'll wish you got the Saiga...

srice425
12-20-2011, 19:49
went and shot the new sig today. although i loved my saiga, the sig has less recoil, better accuracy, lighter weight and runs cleaner than the saiga by a large margin. i feel like i got a hell of a deal on the rifle. now, what to get for my next ak. 300 flawless rounds.