Just picked up new LC9 [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Just picked up new LC9

gordonfactor
12-16-2011, 21:50
Hello bitter clingers. Went to local neighborhood addiction enabler (gun shop) tonight. I've been wanting a single stack 9mm as a traveling partner as my Glock 19 gets kinda bulky inside the waistline. Ended up adopting a new Ruger LC9. I really like the fit and feel in my small-medium sized hands. It fits well in jeans pocket and disappears in my inside the pants holster. Field strip is a PITA at first but not bad. We've been spoiled by newer designs and their take down steps.

I plan on getting some trigger time tomorrow. paid $359 + tax.

So far, I'm very happy but the final proof is in the shooting.

Cheers for now.

Walk Soft
12-16-2011, 22:06
I trust mine 100%.875 assorted rounds without a hitch.The trigger takes some getting used to.It's looong but smooth and not very heavy.I predict you'll shoot really low and left until you get used to the trigger.Once I finally did I found it's really accurate.

gordonfactor
12-17-2011, 13:07
I remember when I got my Glock 19, which was my 1st auto, it took my a long time to not pull the shots left. I read a good book about Glocks and found some tips.

Glad to join the LC9 club. Cheers

MinervaDoe
12-17-2011, 14:51
I remember when I got my Glock 19, which was my 1st auto, it took my a long time to not pull the shots left. I read a good book about Glocks and found some tips.

Glad to join the LC9 club. Cheers
So, does this mean that you shot it and it pulled to the left?

Practice mastering a smooth trigger pull and you'll get it.

Congratulations on your new Ruger.

den888
12-17-2011, 20:17
Congrats!

michael e
12-17-2011, 21:02
Wanted to get one today at the gun show, was the right price but had 15 people waiting to do paperwork and was only a few bucks cheaper than academy. Didn't see anyone else selling one. Figured I gave the better half the LCP so I need to replace it with a LC9.

gordonfactor
12-18-2011, 10:29
@MinervaDoe yes I tended to pull the shots to the left. Glock 19 is very light and I had to really practice and dry fire it a bunch to master it. I can write my name with it now!

My dad raised me on S&W k frames so the auto was a new thing for me then. Now I teach me friends to shoot and they are making good hits within their first 50 rounds. I make them dry fire until they don't jerk or flinch before they get real ammo.

My dad still kicks my butt with a k frame but I am the master of the Black pistol of Death from Austria!
Cheers

MinervaDoe
12-18-2011, 12:41
@MinervaDoe yes I tended to pull the shots to the left. Glock 19 is very light and I had to really practice and dry fire it a bunch to master it. I can write my name with it now!

My dad raised me on S&W k frames so the auto was a new thing for me then. Now I teach me friends to shoot and they are making good hits within their first 50 rounds. I make them dry fire until they don't jerk or flinch before they get real ammo.

My dad still kicks my butt with a k frame but I am the master of the Black pistol of Death from Austria!
Cheers
Yeah, I know what you mean. I shot this at seven yards with my LC-9 and I thought, "That's pretty good."
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l496/Minervadoe/103111LC9-3.jpg
Then, I picked up my G26 and shot this, and I thought, "Gee, that's even better." Either you love that Glock trigger or you don't.

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l496/Minervadoe/103111G26-4.jpg
..., but back in the day ... Back when I used to shoot my S&W 686 a lot, I remember one time putting fifty rounds in a hole the size of a fifty cent piece at twenty yards.

gordonfactor
12-19-2011, 22:45
Here's a pic of my best semi-quick group from my first outing with it. Definitely likes the heavier weight 9mm loads. This is with Hornaday Critical Defense 127 grn. FTX.

Most important thing = zero malfunctions of any kind through almost 200 rounds. Definitely a keeper!

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

MinervaDoe
12-21-2011, 07:28
Here's a pic of my best semi-quick group from my first outing with it. Definitely likes the heavier weight 9mm loads. This is with Hornaday Critical Defense 127 grn. FTX.

Most important thing = zero malfunctions of any kind through almost 200 rounds. Definitely a keeper!

Nice. I plan on increasing my shooting speed later. I just figure I need more practice. The funny thing is, after I shoot the LC9, my groups with my other pistols improve. I assume that it is easier to appreciate the other guns triggers after the LC9s long pull. I still need to do a head to head comparison with my MK9.

Walk Soft
12-21-2011, 18:47
Nice. I plan on increasing my shooting speed later. I just figure I need more practice. The funny thing is, after I shoot the LC9, my groups with my other pistols improve. I assume that it is easier to appreciate the other guns triggers after the LC9s long pull. I still need to do a head to head comparison with my MK9.

The same for me.I think the long trigger pull of the LC9 helped my overall trigger control.

magpie maniac
12-23-2011, 00:23
Thursday morning, I stopped at a local shop and looked at an LC9 for a little bit. I came so close to buying it, but just couldn't do it. I absolutely see the utility and advantage of having slim 9mm in my daily carry arsenal, but I had this feeling that I wouldn't carry it that often.

I used to carry a Glock 26 in an MTAC on about every trip out the door. Here lately, however, I've been carrying an SP101 in a Remora with a spare speed strip. The two advantages I've found with the SP101 is that (1) it's so darn comfortable during extended periods of carry and (2) I can use the gun to beat the living snot out of the bad guy if I run out of ammo.

I might end up buying an LC9 at some point, but I'm just not there yet. I want to hear more good stories about how people are fitting it into their daily carry routine.

Chup
12-23-2011, 18:16
I work at a Gun Shop. I can buy and carry any gun I want. After years of research and experiment I carry 357 Snubs most of the time. Lately my main carry gun is a SP101 and it is backed up with a LCR357. I have a few including Two 38s that I rotate as carry and back up guns.

Sbh87
12-26-2011, 15:37
Hey gordonfactor what shop did you go to?

gordonfactor
12-26-2011, 23:49
@sbh87 I got it at Collectors Gallery in Stoneham. Closest to my house. Went in looking for a compact carry gun. Nothing special in the used counter and didn't want to spend 700+ for a Khar.

Been carrying it for 2 weeks. I love it so far.

Sbh87
12-27-2011, 11:35
That's awesome. I'll have to check that one out sometime when I make it out east. I love Rugers and someday after i make a few more purchases I'll probably add a compact 9mm. In a few short months I'll be a proud owner of a 92fs and hopefully a P238 for summer pocket carry after that. A 9mm the size of the LC9 will give me another fall/winter option to go along with my 640. Also i dont blame you on the khar. I would love to support a local company but cant justify it at that price tag. Congrats again on the LC9.

noeyes
01-02-2012, 20:39
I've really been wanting to pick up a LC9. My brother bought one and really likes it.

The best part is my local fun shop has 'em for $299! Not so good tho is they're sold out right now.

wrenrj1
01-02-2012, 20:43
Still waiting for a good IWB or OWB LH holster for the LC9, then I'll buy.

cowboywannabe
01-03-2012, 17:41
i got my LC9 for Christmas, took it out today and it was a bitter 34 degrees here in the deep south.....

anyway, 50 rounds of fed champ 115gr. fmj, 50 rounds of wwb 147gr. h.p., and 50 rounds of Tul 115gr. steel case fmj and not one malfunction.

will try her out a few more times then call it good if no mishaps occure.

kd8x
01-13-2012, 22:02
Still waiting for a good IWB or OWB LH holster for the LC9, then I'll buy.
I got the crossbreed minituck for my LC9 and it is comfy....

bac1023
01-28-2012, 13:40
Congrats on the LC9.

realdealguns
01-28-2012, 14:38
Hey all. RealDealGuns has this laser sight for the LC9 for only $89.99 with free shipping. Very popular. Sold 50 of them just last week.
http://www.realdealguns.com/laserlyte-lc9-laser/

http://www.realdealguns.com/product_images/b/852/CK-AMF9_PROFILE_large__42652_zoom.jpg

wagonm
02-02-2012, 00:15
Hey all. RealDealGuns has this laser sight for the LC9 for only $89.99 with free shipping. Very popular. Sold 50 of them just last week.
http://www.realdealguns.com/laserlyte-lc9-laser/

I'm thinking of adding a LC9 for summer carry, I saw that laserlyte and I like it. Only question is holster fit. Any idea who has begun offer LEATHER iwb for LC9? and with laserlyte ?

realdealguns
02-02-2012, 00:41
I'm thinking of adding a LC9 for summer carry, I saw that laserlyte and I like it. Only question is holster fit. Any idea who has begun offer LEATHER iwb for LC9? and with laserlyte ?
This is what Laserlyte has to say about the holster....
"The smooth, no-snag design of the laser allows the pistol to easily holster in any available nylon or leather pocket holster on the market. " Love this little laser!

wagonm
02-02-2012, 11:54
This is what Laserlyte has to say about the holster....
"The smooth, no-snag design of the laser allows the pistol to easily holster in any available nylon or leather pocket holster on the market. " Love this little laser!

Do you know how much width does it add to the frame of a LC9? Thanks in advance.

realdealguns
02-02-2012, 14:38
It is very small. I do not have an actual measurement but it is very small. Smaller than the crimson trace palm grip one that I have on my Glock 27

wrenrj1
02-02-2012, 19:47
I'm thinking of trading in a Walther P-22 for an LC9. The P-22 has never worked right IMHO even after being replaced with a new one.