CCI 500 small primers [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : CCI 500 small primers

Beanie-Bean
12-17-2011, 15:32
...are cheap at Cabela's ($24/1000) and no hazmat if you can pick it up in-person. Same price as Powder Valley. Strangely enough, the 550 magnum and 300 large primers are regular price, at around $34.

Good for some Christmas vacation loads, anyway. Going to see if I can crack my G-RX carbide die, or make it scratch some .40 S&W and 10mm brass, as was indicated in another post. Haven't had a chance to run anything through it yet, but am officially on vacation now, so after I get done with the "honey-do" list, I'll be out in the garage setting up some loads with some of the newer powders I've picked up recently.

TX Archer
12-18-2011, 16:04
Thanks for the tip. I managed to turn it into $21.67/1000 (plus tax, of course) with a coupon.

dkf
12-18-2011, 18:16
Was at the Cabelas store last week. The CCI small pistol primer were $36 per 1000. My local shop is around $32 per 1000. Its basically a waste going to the retail store you rarely get any deals and the prices are jacked and the internet prices are rarely recognized.

TX Archer
12-18-2011, 18:17
Was at the Cabelas store last week. The CCI small pistol primer were $36 per 1000. My local shop is around $32 per 1000. Its basically a waste going to the retail store you rarely get any deals and the prices are jacked and the internet prices are rarely recognized.
I don't think my visit today was a waste. I think that was a fairly good price. Yes, Cabela's is generally overpriced but I rarely if ever pay their full price. I watch for sales (thank you, Beanie-Bean) and stack their coupons on top of the sale. In this instance, I got 6,000 primers for less than Graf's or Powder Valley charges without paying hazmat. Sales tax is 8.25% but I doubt that's much more than shipping would be. And gasoline cost isn't an issue because I was driving past the store anyway.