Just thought I'd share.... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Just thought I'd share....

CJStudent
12-18-2011, 08:28
I was driving home from work Friday, and noticed a car with, among a lot of other bumper stickers, one that looked like a Ranger tab. I got a closer look at it as I was passing. What did it say, you ask?

Oathkeepers. :faint:

Horror
12-18-2011, 10:34
oathkeepers?

CJStudent
12-18-2011, 11:17
oathkeepers?

Do a search; it's "interesting" reading, lol.

Morris
12-18-2011, 11:24
Stewart likely made his rocker that way as a means to attract military interest. I like my Infidel rocker.

lawman800
12-18-2011, 12:07
That ranger tab imitation thing is way overdone. Leave the SF community alone already and stop copying their ****.

CJStudent
12-18-2011, 12:30
That ranger tab imitation thing is way overdone. Leave the SF community alone already and stop copying their ****.

That's my thing. I don't mind the joke "Infidel" ones, among others, but sometime's it's taken a little too far.

Mayhem like Me
12-18-2011, 12:46
I was driving home from work Friday, and noticed a car with, among a lot of other bumper stickers, one that looked like a Ranger tab. I got a closer look at it as I was passing. What did it say, you ask?

Oathkeepers. :faint:

That explains alot.... for some reason when my eyes see OATHKEEPERS....

It translates it to GIANT ******...

Weird. Huh.

CJStudent
12-18-2011, 12:53

Weird. Huh.

You know, I have a pretty similar reaction myself....

msu_grad_121
12-18-2011, 13:51

Weird. Huh.

Not weird. That's a sign that you are, in fact, still sane.

MeefZah
12-18-2011, 13:54

Weird. Huh.

Troof.

Hack
12-19-2011, 08:32
http://oathkeepers.org/oath/bios/#rhodes

There are ways to find out if he is legitimate should you desire to do so.

Personally, I think the organization may be well intended, regardless of anyone's personal feelings about them. I am already serving on my oath where I am at, so I do not feel the need to be part of such a group.

longhunter09
12-19-2011, 10:20
As someone who has earned the right to wear a Ranger tab, I find it disrespectful that the oathkeepers chose such a visually similar tab as their symbol. I'd be curious to know how many of these guys have actually earned a tab. Makes them look like a bunch of wannabes. To me it's no different than the whack-jobs who carry concealed weapon badges that look like police badges....wannabes.