Colt 9mm AR HELP!!!!! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Colt 9mm AR HELP!!!!!

Apetrulis01
12-18-2011, 18:46
I just traded for a Colt 9mm AR. Well, I took it to the range to sight it in and noticed it was shooting way right. Moved the rear sight all the way to the left and it was still shooting right. Then I noticed the front sight is slightly canted to the left (thus causing it to shoot right).

Since there is no gas tube is it a simple fix about moving the front sight straight or did I get screwed.

Thanks for the help.

Adam

ronin.45
12-18-2011, 22:57
I'm no AR expert, but I think it depends on how the front sight is mounted. If its a standard pinned gas block style it won't be too easy. If it's clamped on it would be easy to loosen and turn it.

Or throw a red dot on it.

zhix
12-19-2011, 08:25
Since you don't have to worry about lining up a gas tube, block, and port up to the receiver like you said, It may not be that difficult to have fixed.

I have a 6450 myself, however so far I have stayed away from using or removing standard front sight bases partly because I have read and heard of many people having issues with the pins and aligning them.

Try posting this on the Black Rifle forum.

Goodspeed(TPF)
12-19-2011, 08:27
Just align the front sight and you're good to go. :wavey:

smokin762
12-19-2011, 08:42
I just traded for a Colt 9mm AR. Well, I took it to the range to sight it in and noticed it was shooting way right. Moved the rear sight all the way to the left and it was still shooting right. Then I noticed the front sight is slightly canted to the left (thus causing it to shoot right).

Since there is no gas tube is it a simple fix about moving the front sight straight or did I get screwed.

Thanks for the help.

Adam

The front sight tower is pinned. I am not sure that is going to be a good fix.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
If you post this in the Black Rifle section, there should be a bunch of members over there, which can point you in the right direction. <o:p></o:p>