Shooting some reloads today... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Shooting some reloads today...

Zombie Steve
12-18-2011, 21:56
After running an improvised steel challenge type of course a few times this morning, we decided to play a game of HORSE again.

Well, Little Stevie shooting the plastic phantastic and his mousefart 9mm loads got beat by me shooting a 1911 with full power loads from my normal carry IWB holster, and by another 1911 guy who happened to be shooting a G17 with factory loads. :faint:

So anyway, if you don't see Stevie in the forum for a few days, he's probably preoccupied kicking the cats around the house in a fit of rage or going micrometer crazy with his loads.

Go easy on him, fellas.

EL_NinO619
12-18-2011, 22:36
Good job, Tupperware never has a chance against the almighty .45acp in a 1911..:perfect10:

Looks like Steve will need one of these...:therapy:

Hoser
12-19-2011, 07:40
And again I was not invited to shoot at my own steel.

Your suffering will be legendary, even in hell.

Zombie Steve
12-19-2011, 08:15
The next time I invite myself down to a range I don't belong to, I'll make sure to give you a call. :supergrin:

Actually, I think this is the first time in a while I've been there and you haven't. :dunno:

ron59
12-19-2011, 08:15
And again I was not invited to shoot at my own steel.

Your suffering will be legendary, even in hell.

Damn, wish I lived out there. You guys sound like fun.

Colorado4Wheel
12-19-2011, 09:01
Both the Steve's got beat by a guy who normally shoots a 1911 but was instead shooting a G17. I don't think I would be bragging about that loosing to a guy who just converted over to a Glock.

Hoser
12-19-2011, 09:12
Actually, I think this is the first time in a while I've been there and you haven't.

I was there all day Saturday.

Yesterday was 223 and 260 brass prep day.

Colorado4Wheel
12-19-2011, 09:16
We shot on Sunday.

GioaJack
12-19-2011, 09:20
Well of course he switched to a plastic, kid's gun. He was beating everyone so convincingly with a 1911 they told him he had to shoot with the same handicap they had or they wouldn't let him play.

I find it rather amusing that he wears a disguise while shooting so real men won't make sport of him while holding that hunk of polymer.

Jack

Colorado4Wheel
12-19-2011, 09:26
Well of course he switched to a plastic, kid's gun. He was beating everyone so convincingly with a 1911 they told him he had to shoot with the same handicap they had or they wouldn't let him play.

I find it rather amusing that he wears a disguise while shooting so real men won't make sport of him while holding that hunk of polymer.

Jack

That is not what happened last time we shot together. But no excuses. I lost. Steve will be here any minute to say I cheated last time. It's really hard for 1911 guys to get beat by someone shooting a Glock.

GioaJack
12-19-2011, 09:33
That is not what happened last time we shot together. But no excuses. I lost. Steve will be here any minute to say I cheated last time. It's really hard for 1911 guys to get beat by someone shooting a Glock.

Which would raise the obvious question; WHY SHOOT A FAKE GUN?

Aren't you supposed to be out shopping for my Christmas present? (Don't forget, the one-ton suspension is too hard on my back, three-quarter ton is just right. None of the wimpy two door single cab, four doors only and make sure it's the Lariat trim package... the soft leather, heated seats feel good on my bottom. I'll leave the color choice up to you so I'll be surprised on Christmas morning. Make sure the tank is filled with diesel.)

Jack

Zombie Steve
12-19-2011, 10:29
Both the Steve's got beat by a guy who normally shoots a 1911 but was instead shooting a G17. I don't think I would be bragging about that loosing to a guy who just converted over to a Glock.

I beat you. :whistling::supergrin:

He was beating me on timed shots from the draw. He had an outside the waistband holster and I was shooting from my everyday carry rig. He always picked the big steel and played to his strength. That's how he won... and if he heard you called him a Glock convert, he'd probably throw up a bit. He's only shooting the G17 because that's what he'll be tested on for the new contracting job.

:tongueout:

unclebob
12-19-2011, 10:53
Good job, Tupperware never has a chance against the almighty .45acp in a 1911.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Zombie Steve
12-19-2011, 12:35
It's true, Bob. When I shoot the plate rack with the mighty .45, one shot is often powerful enough to make a couple plates fall (I'm assuming out of sheer fright).

That, or maybe it's set up for bunny fart loads. :whistling:

GioaJack
12-19-2011, 13:03
Probably just the aftermath of your ricochets initially hitting the ground 15 feet in front of the plates. :whistling:

Jack

Zombie Steve
12-19-2011, 13:10
Hey, counts if it falls over.

GioaJack
12-19-2011, 13:15
My sentiments exactly. Personally I count on hurricane force winds and backward tilted plates.

Jack

WiskyT
12-19-2011, 13:15
You beat a man who owns cats, big deal:rolleyes:

GioaJack
12-19-2011, 13:19
You beat a man who owns cats, big deal:rolleyes:

That's the only way he can get a little... oh, nevermind, it's the holiday season... I'll be nice. :innocent:

Jack

Hoser
12-19-2011, 14:05
I'll be nice.

Why start now Gramps?

unclebob
12-19-2011, 14:11
It's true, Bob. When I shoot the plate rack with the mighty .45, one shot is often powerful enough to make a couple plates fall (I'm assuming out of sheer fright).

That, or maybe it's set up for bunny fart loads. :whistling:

But how fast can you knock over those plates? Hot loads is when you knock over the plate and it pops back up.

Colorado4Wheel
12-19-2011, 14:14
I beat you. :whistling::supergrin:

He was beating me on timed shots from the draw. He had an outside the waistband holster and I was shooting from my everyday carry rig. He always picked the big steel and played to his strength. That's how he won... and if he heard you called him a Glock convert, he'd probably throw up a bit. He's only shooting the G17 because that's what he'll be tested on for the new contracting job.

:tongueout:

I have his Hat and Sunglasses held hostage here in my office. I can throw up in them myself. :whistling:

GioaJack
12-19-2011, 14:17
Why start now Gramps?

Hey, your beautiful wife called to say what she wanted to find in her stocking this Christmas... ME!

Don't bother sending directions, I remember how to get there from all my previous trips. :whistling:

(Wise-ass young'un.)

Jack

Zombie Steve
12-19-2011, 14:22
I have his Hat and Sunglasses held hostage here in my office. I can throw up in them myself. :whistling:

He might not be the right guy to get riled up... just sayin'.

Colorado4Wheel
12-19-2011, 14:32
Hmmmm, that is a thinker.