Recent orders from SwampFox [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Recent orders from SwampFox

Bigwatts66
12-19-2011, 07:46
Has anyone ordered from Swampfox lately? I ordered a new barrel 2 weeks ago, which was in stck according to the site. 2 weeks later no ship notice, and no response from Swampfox. Has anyone else ordered from them recently? Did you get any response?

IGotIt
12-19-2011, 07:51
http://glocktalk.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-1382856.html

Don't know if true or not, however on another forum it was written the business has closed;

Quote: Sad News. Mike Willard from Swampfox Ammo passes
Mike Willard died suddenly on Nov 5.

His business has closed

RIP Mike

Breadman03
12-19-2011, 09:16
I've heard the same thing.

Bigwatts66
12-19-2011, 09:39
Checked my CC, no charge was ever made. Rats, now I will have to pay more from the factory. Really sucks about Mike passing away. From what I read on the other thread, he was a swell guy and very helpful to the 10mm community.

G29SF
12-19-2011, 10:26
Checked my CC, no charge was ever made. Rats, now I will have to pay more from the factory. Really sucks about Mike passing away. From what I read on the other thread, he was a swell guy and very helpful to the 10mm community.

Yes, Mike passed away.

From my past ammo orders with him, the online ordering system never charged my CC automatically. One of the reasons for this is the shipping amount was never correct. (Mike said he had problems with the website calculating shipping correctly for the number of boxes of ammo ordered.) Mike always had to go into the system after you ordered and charge your credit card.

You will never see your card charged, so I wouldn't worry about it.

FYI: Mike used his brother's business merchant account for charging credit cards. If you see a charge on your credit card, the phone number listed will connect you to his brother.