LAPD Chief Beck trades integrity to support racist mayor [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : LAPD Chief Beck trades integrity to support racist mayor

marchboom
12-19-2011, 13:17
Looks like Chief Beck is bowing down to the racist, illegal alien loving Los Angeles mayor. He is supporting the mayor by saying that officers should not impound vehicles driven by unlicensed illegal aliens. He says "it's not fair". :crying:

Since when do officers do their job by determining what's fair and what isn't? Chief Beck is violating his own manual when it comes to enforcing the law. But I guess he is willing to sell his integrity for his $307,000+ a year job.

Beck is quickly losing credibility with the officers and the law abiding citizens of LA.

http://www.dailynews.com/columnists/ci_19572362

Morris
12-19-2011, 13:19
I'm curious as to the responses by brothers who work in the basin about this.

Ajon412
12-19-2011, 14:08
Looks like Chief Beck is bowing down to the racist, illegal alien loving Los Angeles mayor. He is supporting the mayor by saying that officers should not impound vehicles driven by unlicensed illegal aliens. He says "it's not fair". :crying:

Since when do officers do their job by determining what's fair and what isn't? Chief Beck is violating his own manual when it comes to enforcing the law. But I guess he is willing to sell his integrity for his $307,000+ a year job.

Beck is quickly losing credibility with the officers and the law abiding citizens of LA.

http://www.dailynews.com/columnists/ci_19572362

....until an Unlicensed Illegal Alien runs over and kills an innocent person...Then what? :dunno:

SAR
12-19-2011, 14:17
....until an Unlicensed Illegal Alien runs over and kills an innocent person...Then what? :dunno:

Well, the family can sue the City of Los Angeles. The rank-and-file officers will point to the policy and say they are under orders. It's a Catch-22 situation for officers. They may not like it, but the policy is made at the highest levels, outside of their control.

marchboom
12-19-2011, 14:20

Then the racist mayor will say that it could have happened to any driver...and the Chief will be expected to back him up.

The average person has no idea how much of a problem the illegals are and what they cost them in taxes. The street cops do know, however, as do the majority of officers, regardless of rank. But a number of the officers, especially at the rank of captain and above, trade their honesty and integrity and go along with what the mayor, and now the chief, wants. They are always looking towards that next promotion and the pay that goes with it.

The illegals are a huge drain on the finances of any city or state. They take out much more than they contribute. DUI's...thru the roof. Hit and run accidents...lots of them.

SAR
12-19-2011, 14:25
To be honest, no one is even sure how this policy will be implemented. LAPD Special Order 40, prohibits officers from inquiring about a person's immigration status. Last I checked, undocumented immigrants weren't exactly volunteering their immigration status, even if it could possibly help them out of a jam. So in reality, just like the military's "Don't ask, don't tell policy," The officers won't ask, and the immigrants won't tell. So we're back at square one, and the mayor can say he did his part to appease some of his minority constituents.

marchboom
12-19-2011, 14:49
To be honest, no one is even sure how this policy will be implemented. LAPD Special Order 40, prohibits officers from inquiring about a person's immigration status. Last I checked, undocumented immigrants weren't exactly volunteering their immigration status, even if it could possibly help them out of a jam. So in reality, just like the military's "Don't ask, don't tell policy," The officers won't ask, and the immigrants won't tell. So we're back at square one, and the mayor can say he did his part to appease some of his minority constituents.

No doubt, it will take some creative writing to come up with the special order outlining the new procedure.

Will it say that whenever you are about to impound the car from an unlicensed driver you have to ask them if they are illegally in the US? Who would cop out to that? Does the officer then have to explain the "benefit" to saying that you are illegal? Do you ask only hispanics? If you don't ask white people, is the officer discriminating? Is he profiling? Will citizens have a good lawsuit against the city for discrimination? I think so!

The chief should just tell the racist mayor, "What you want to do is illegal and I will not go along with it." But I doubt that will ever happen.

I wonder what the city attorney's opinion is of this issue? They will have to defend the city of LA when the lawsuits come in.

Trigger Finger
12-19-2011, 14:49

I was working OCB CRASH in 1983 when two illegal aliens were fleeing a bad drug deal in a car going 85 MPH. They blew a red light and collided with a Black and White with two friends of mine in the same CRASH unit (Anti Gang). Officers Art Soo Hoo and Bill Wong were both killed. The two illegal aliens fled to Mexico and were hidden and protected by a drug cartel.

They have already killed innocent people in traffic accidents and worse!!

What really kills me is that Mexico absolutely will not tolerate illegals in their country but Mexico expects us to welcome them!! :steamed:

Ajon412
12-19-2011, 15:28
Then the racist mayor will say that it could have happened to any driver...and the Chief will be expected to back him up.

Then the problem won't change......

Well, the family can sue the City of Los Angeles. The rank-and-file officers will point to the policy and say they are under orders. It's a Catch-22 situation for officers. They may not like it, but the policy is made at the highest levels, outside of their control.

That was my point.....Back in the late 80's - early 90's, on my prior department, we were able to issue a summons to anyone who was "Driving While Suspended". It didn't matter if is was one suspension or 100 and for whatever reason. That all ended what we had a rash of fatal accidents involving persons driving with suspended licenses. Eventually, there was such outrage from the public that department policy was changed (WELL above my pay grade) and eventually State Law was changed where ANYONE driving with a suspended license was arrested and booked.....

Mattz
12-19-2011, 15:49
That whole issue infuriates me and points at the direction law enforcement and society in general are going. Lawyers and PC liberals have changed police work for the worse. To even accept an argument that it's not fair that someone with a driver's license isn't allowed to operate a vehicle blows my mind. We have a lot of hit and run accidents here, and I can assure you they're not caused by people with valid licenses and insurance.

dano1427
12-19-2011, 17:22
I work under a similar policy, outlining tows for 12500CVC types (Cali. unlicensed drivers). We give them 30 minutes to find someone valid, with auto insurance, to take custody of the car. If no one can be found by the driver, we tow the car. It's never mentioned officially, but, or course, it's for the hispanic illegal alien agenda.

I've also been told there may be case law about this, but I haven't been able to locate anything significant.

lndshark
12-19-2011, 19:42
I work under a similar policy, outlining tows for 12500CVC types (Cali. unlicensed drivers). We give them 30 minutes to find someone valid, with auto insurance, to take custody of the car. If no one can be found by the driver, we tow the car. It's never mentioned officially, but, or course, it's for the hispanic illegal alien agenda.

I've also been told there may be case law about this, but I haven't been able to locate anything significant.

You stick around for 30 minutes? We give 'em 15 minutes and then the car goes to car jail. You work in a small town or a big town? Small town here so no time to fiddle faddle around waiting for a valid, license driver.

CAcop
12-19-2011, 19:49

IIRC the most recent case law on tows was for 22651(h) driver arrestedx. If they were legally parked you can't tow.

As for us there is no special considerations for illegals driving suspened or unlicensed. Even if there was like SAR said, "don't ask, don't tell."

Sounds like a dog and pony show for the mayor who probably does not even realize the conflicting orders.

lawman800
12-19-2011, 23:53
It's not new. Chief Beck gave the order to let people find a licensed driver to take the car before an impound can be called a long time ago. It's also not the first city to do so.

Maywood PD disbanded their traffic unit because activists claimed the police were pulling over too many illegal Hispanics and it's not fair. The city is 95% Hispanic... it's not like the police were targeting Hispanics....

Baldwin Park PD suspended checkpoints and returned all the impounded cars from a recent checkpoint because it wasn't fair that these people without licenses couldn't get to work or afford to get the car out of impound

Lots of PD's around are not towing as a first resort... thank God the County Sheriff is not backing off and they are towing everything and our Chief is the same way. We have not been told to back off tows by the Chief or our local DA. Tow them all. We keep the local tow yards in business.

I guess the tow yards in LA county get enough business as is from all the parking meters and private lots.

marchboom
12-20-2011, 00:31
Another problem for the officers impounding a car is waiting for the owner to arrive. The order will probably say to wait a "reasonable" time. Define reasonable. Even if the officer waited 2 hrs and then towed the car because the owner didn't show up (the owner might be an illegal), the owner might then make a complaint that the officer didn't wait long enough. The officer will say that he did wait a "reasonable" time. But with the LAPD, if someone makes a complaint they will investigate it and this will go into the officer's personnel package forever. This will affect any possible promotions and/or transfers to good assignments. How many traffic stops do you think the officers will make with this threat possible?

Also, waiting for the owner to arrive makes the officer unavailable to handle other calls for service. Again, illegals will be costing the taxpayers lots of money and the taxpayers will not be getting timely service, if they even get it.

I really don't know how the officers can stand to work in such a PC dept.

lawman800
12-20-2011, 00:33
15 minutes to 1 hour max is about what's been talked about as reasonable for some local departments.

Newcop761
12-20-2011, 03:12
Violation of equal protection, anyone? The district attorney in Seattle said something like they would not file on suspended drivers if they were minority because a disproportionate number of minorities were being prosecuted. Again, so much for equal protection of law.

Just goes to show that illegal aliens that are hispanic are exempt from the law in the U.S.

And how exactly can an illegal alien be anyone's constituent?

lawman800
12-20-2011, 10:58
Violation of equal protection, anyone? The district attorney in Seattle said something like they would not file on suspended drivers if they were minority because a disproportionate number of minorities were being prosecuted. Again, so much for equal protection of law.

Disproportionate to who? Which group is a minority? The overall illegal population? The overall population at large? Is the statement pretty much that anyone but a white person can drive without a valid license?:wow:

You don't balance out disproportionate prosecution by not prosecuting a group. So you figure you average it out by letting them go at the court level... and then what? So you wait until the numbers even out and then you prosecute minorities again? Meantime, minorities get a free pass until the quota is up? That sounds more racist than anything else!:shocked:

Just goes to show that illegal aliens that are hispanic are exempt from the law in the U.S.

Funny thing is, the entire illegal population, by its own very definition, is 100% subject to prosecution. There isn't one person in the illegal population who is not subject to some type of prosecution. Refusal by a government lawyer to prosecute or proceed in removal/deportation is the same as dereliction of duty or worse. Imagine if a street cop let people go because of political reasons. The news would have a field day.:steamed:

They can. Of the politician in their homeland!:whistling:

Morris
12-20-2011, 11:17

It was the city attorney, who is well left of center and pretty anti-cop from various accounts.

marchboom
12-20-2011, 12:49

Yep. Be very careful when you bring charges against a minority. Don't want to be viewed as a racist. Well you know what? Whites are a race too. Following that logic, if any criminal charges are brought against anyone of any race , it's done because of race. Has to be. What else could it be? ...........Illustrating absurdity by being absurd.

In Calif. illegal aliens are considered constituents because they do vote (for hispanics) and every level of LE refuses to investigate this crime. Again, they don't want to be viewed as being racist. Pretty soon the best way to get elected will be to adopt a hispanic last name.

Just ask former Republican Rep. Bob Dornan. He was voted out by the large illegal hispanic vote that got Laura (dumb as rocks) Sanchez in office.

Newcop761
12-21-2011, 01:18
It was the city attorney, who is well left of center and pretty anti-cop from various accounts.

Thanks for the assist Morris.

Funny thing is, the entire illegal population, by its own very definition, is 100% subject to prosecution. There isn't one person in the illegal population who is not subject to some type of prosecution. Refusal by a government lawyer to prosecute or proceed in removal/deportation is the same as dereliction of duty or worse. Imagine if a street cop let people go because of political reasons. The news would have a field day.

Yup. Of course it doesn't help when the Secretary Janet
"the-system-worked" (http://michellemalkin.com/2009/12/27/clown-alert-janet-napolitano-says-the-system-worked/) Napolitano says it's not a crime to enter the U.S. illegally... :upeyes: http://michellemalkin.com/2009/04/21/janet-napolitano-said-what/

Hell just for ****s and giggles I'm tempted to send a formal request for the voter rolls for the counties that I cover and see what happens. I'll bet somebody would freak and I'd get a call from DC.

Name recognition is a good thing, right? :faint:

Those nice little voter registration cards are ready-made prosecution packets. False claim to U.S. Citizenship? Check. Signature? Check?

The actual crime of an alien voting is a misdemeanor (18 USC 611) which is pretty weak considering enough due to it to alter the course of elections and counter the will of people that actually have a RIGHT to vote. False claim to U.S. Citizenship is a felony (18 USC 911).

lawman800
12-21-2011, 14:17
Yup. Of course it doesn't help when the Secretary Janet
"the-system-worked" (http://michellemalkin.com/2009/12/27/clown-alert-janet-napolitano-says-the-system-worked/) Napolitano says it's not a crime to enter the U.S. illegally... :upeyes: http://michellemalkin.com/2009/04/21/janet-napolitano-said-what/

Hell just for ****s and giggles I'm tempted to send a formal request for the voter rolls for the counties that I cover and see what happens. I'll bet somebody would freak and I'd get a call from DC.

Name recognition is a good thing, right? :faint:

Those nice little voter registration cards are ready-made prosecution packets. False claim to U.S. Citizenship? Check. Signature? Check?

The actual crime of an alien voting is a misdemeanor (18 USC 611) which is pretty weak considering enough due to it to alter the course of elections and counter the will of people that actually have a RIGHT to vote. False claim to U.S. Citizenship is a felony (18 USC 911).

Nobody on the liberal side thinks illegal immigration is a crime. They think it is an administrative matter with civil penalties. Last time I checked, civil penalties don't include being detained in immigration hold status until removal or deportation.

Hmmm... asking for the county rolls, that's an idea. I told you guys the last time I voted in a general election, I went to my local polling place and there was an extra name registered on my address of a... DEMOCRAT. It wasn't the person I bought the house from nor his wife. I made a ruckus to have those poll worker flunkies take that name off but who knows if they really removed it later from the official rolls.

I don't think the poll worker flunkies cared though, they hated me because I had REPUBLICAN next to my name and one actually made comment on it and then stopped herself.