A couple more 1911 questions, finish and parts [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : A couple more 1911 questions, finish and parts

mstennes
12-19-2011, 13:46
I'm getting ready to have my Pro gone through, and refinished, I'm thinking of just having Springfield go through it, and skip the Black T and have it Ion Bonded, I like the Black T, but I hate its resistance to wear properties. My other question, being that I'm a lefty, I have a CQB, going back to Wilson for a mag chute install so they will match the grey, and was wondering if the Bullet Proof ambi, is that much better than the standard one it came with?
Thanks

Jim S.
12-23-2011, 08:30
I'm not sure what safety came with the gun but I do like to use the "Bullet Proof" parts in my guns and I have never had a problem with them and they are well made quality parts.

Bowtie
12-23-2011, 12:48
I'm getting ready to completely go through my new MC Operator on Monday..Everything but the frame, slide and barrel will be getting WC bullet proof small parts. Other than the ignition parts which will be Cylinder & Slide and the magwell which will be S&A.

R0CKETMAN
12-24-2011, 06:25
I'm a lefty and I'm ok with my pro, but John Harrison handed me a pistol with a slightly modified Ed Brown wide and it felt better oh so natural.

knedrgr
12-25-2011, 02:30
The Bullet Proof ambi is a better design than the traditional ambi. And it's machined from forged, so it's stronger than the casted traditional ambi.