Need an armorer to advise me [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Need an armorer to advise me

eseaton
12-19-2011, 17:33
I one a G-30, G-33, and a G-22. I would like to change the transfer bar (I believe this to be the right terminology) and the appropriate springs to make a smoother and easier trigger pull for all three weapons.

I have heard that contrary to common sense, a person actually increases the spring weight on certain springs to reach this goal.

How hard would it be for me to make these changes in all three weapons? I have an armorers tool but have not tried to do this modification.

Any thoughts and insights would be welcomed. Actual parts needed in each case would really be a help as I want to do it right but like to do this kind of thing myself when I can. I understand it is simple enough but I do want to put in the right parts in the right weapons.

Thanks for your time.

eseaton

cciman
12-19-2011, 18:17
http://www.glockmeister.com/Tech_Info.asp

Practice detail stripping and re-assembly with with the Glock tool. If shooting/practicing alot, then you realize that these trigger changes are semi-worthless.

Order necessary parts, install said parts, Done.

You do not need to be a Glock armorer to answer this one. There are multiple permutations of the trigger connector +/- spring changes. Trial and error will achieve the best one for you. You can spend alot, or you can spend a little. What works for one person, will not work for another.

Breadman03
12-19-2011, 18:37
Take a look at the Lone Wolf site. Look around at their springs and connectors. Watch some YouTube videos. You will soon understand the functions (took me about 30-45 minutes). Then give lone wolf a call and place your order.

eseaton
12-19-2011, 18:48
http://www.glockmeister.com/Tech_Info.asp

Practice detail stripping and re-assembly with with the Glock tool. If shooting/practicing alot, then you realize that these trigger changes are semi-worthless.

Order necessary parts, install said parts, Done.

You do not need to be a Glock armorer to answer this one. There are multiple permutations of the trigger connector +/- spring changes. Trial and error will achieve the best one for you. You can spend alot, or you can spend a little. What works for one person, will not work for another.

I wish I could practice more but with one income and a chronically ill wife, funds are limited. I wanted to get advice that would fall somewhere in the average of what people look for in trigger pull i.e. short take-up, light pull, quick reset, etc.
Can you or anyone help me specifically (spring weight, etc.) in relation to that question?

Thanks

Eseaton

kashdaddy
12-27-2011, 11:27
try a competition spring KIT and a 3.5lb connecor (Ghost Inc.) makes a good one.
Polish the entire trigger bar and all the moving components when you are installing it. Use the Mother's when polishing.