Hey Kevin....at Underwood [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Hey Kevin....at Underwood

deadandgone
12-21-2011, 15:25
The non reloaders here want to know....what might you have coming up that will make us drool? Gold dots? Silvertips?

Come on Santa, we've been good.

dEaDandgone

arushus
12-21-2011, 15:51
Personally my vote is for 155-165gr golddots, and a 200gr hardcast.

Taterhead
12-21-2011, 16:30

I would second 165 Gold Dots in the mid 1300s. That is what I carry now, but I would prefer to carry factory loads. I don't want to start up the handloads vs. factory argument. Carrying factory ammo would be my personal preference. However, since I don't know of a viable factory option, I am running with my home brew.

SolidBrass
12-23-2011, 17:47

And I would second the 200gr hardcast!:supergrin:

Dr.: "We can remove this crayon from your brain. It could vastly increase your brain power, or it could kill you."

Homer: "Vastly increase my killing power eh?! I'LL DO IT!!!"

dryfly
12-23-2011, 18:02
200gr hardcasts would be cool !

Opie 1 Kenopie
12-23-2011, 19:19
Another vote for those 165 Gold Dots at 1300!

rcd567
12-23-2011, 22:21
<TABLE id=post18218593 class=tborder border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #8c735a 0px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #8c735a 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #8c735a 0px solid; BORDER-RIGHT: #8c735a 1px solid" class=alt2 width=175></TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #8c735a 1px solid" id=td_post_18218593 class=alt1><!-- message -->Quote:
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset" class=alt2>Originally Posted by awdxtc http://glocktalk.com/forums/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=18217742#post18217742)
I would like to get some hot gold dots in 165gn for carry this winter, anyone know if underwood can do custom loadings?
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
We're working on adding Gold Dot to our entire production line. 10mm will be the first to get them.
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>:wavey: Check page 3 of the Underwoods expanding their selection thread...He states Gold Dots are on order and will include the 10mm.

kjunderwood
12-29-2011, 22:28
The non reloaders here want to know....what might you have coming up that will make us drool? Gold dots? Silvertips?

Come on Santa, we've been good.

dEaDandgone

Sorry for such a belated reply - as I noted to others, we've been incredibly busy, but that's a VERY good thing!

The Gold Dots and more XTPs will be the first to be added...could be in stock by the end of January as long as everything stays on schedule.

Now...have you honestly been good? Or just good at not getting caught?

xtremetj
12-29-2011, 22:48
The Gold Dots and more XTPs will be the first to be added...could be in stock by the end of January as long as everything stays on schedule.

I'm going to have to pay close attention... I really want some of those Gold Dot rounds!!!

What's your thoughts on the XTPs? Are they decent? How do they perform out of the 10mm?

freakshow10mm
12-29-2011, 22:58
My experience with the XTP in the 10mm is excellent. Very accurate bullet in many weapons and excellent hunting bullet. Deeper penetration than most other jacketed bullets. If you're XTP bullets aren't accurate, you've had way too much coffee. :)

deadandgone
12-30-2011, 05:34
Now...have you honestly been good? Or just good at not getting caught?

Honestly, I was good for at least part of a day.

Thanks for the reply, and thanks for the gold dots, and the xtps, and the candy, and the eggnog......

Pointshoot
01-09-2012, 18:57
Here's one more vote for a 200gr hardcast load that'll run through a stock G20.

ArmyDoc
01-09-2012, 19:06
Honestly, I was good for at least part of a day......

Reminds me of the old story about the guy who was praying

"Lord, I done pretty good today, if'n I do say so myself. I ain't cursed or coveted, an I aint lost my temper even. An I wanna thank you for that Lord. I know I couldn't have done it without you no how. But now Lord, I'm fixen to get out of bed, and I reckon things are gonna get a lot tougher. Please be with me, amen."

Which part were you good - the part where you wuz sleepin? :thumbsup:

bc5000
01-09-2012, 19:32
200gr WFNGC Hardcast :thumbsup:

reel1
01-10-2012, 12:35
I just ordered some 10mm, 30 carbine and 38 ammo from them, i'm so glad to have somewhere i can get good ammo and good prices!!!!!!!!!:thumbsup:

cablecutter
01-11-2012, 13:32
have you ever thought about sending some ammo to hickok45 to test and shoot kevin?

i bet it would boost sales

JimIsland
01-11-2012, 13:50
have you ever thought about sending some ammo to hickok45 to test and shoot kevin?

He's probably having a tough time keeping up as it is!!

kjunderwood
01-11-2012, 16:06

Not sure who that is...does he do videos?
I'd be interested to hear more. Thanks!

spitboy
01-11-2012, 16:17
Not sure who that is...does he do videos?
I'd be interested to hear more. Thanks!

go to youtube and search for "hickok45" he does many many reviews of guns - ammo - targets - reloading

I'd love to have that guy's backyard range and ammo budget

fun videos

Chainlink
01-11-2012, 16:35
YEAH hickok45 is a member at GT too... He also likes the mighty 10.

I'm bummed he reviewed a rifle I want recently......I thought finding one used was hard before now I bet impossible. CZ527 Carbine.

527varmint
01-11-2012, 18:46
I would like to see the heaviest lead free bullets available. Here in CA we need something for the lead free zone. Lots of hog hunters need a lead free load for their 10mm backup gun or the chance run in with a bear while bird hunting. Lots of people already had the G20 before the ban and now we are SOL. Sure wish barnes would make tsx for 10mm. 70 bucks a box from other ammo makers sucks. We need a heavy and affordable lead free load!

SolidBrass
01-11-2012, 19:45
I would like to see the heaviest lead free bullets available. Here in CA we need something for the lead free zone. Lots of hog hunters need a lead free load for their 10mm backup gun or the chance run in with a bear while bird hunting. Lots of people already had the G20 before the ban and now we are SOL. Sure wish barnes would make tsx for 10mm. 70 bucks a box from other ammo makers sucks. We need a heavy and affordable lead free load!

Lead free shot gun pellets makes a lot of sense, but taking the lead out of bullets? Only in Cali(?)

Nobody likes lead poisoning but it kills well (copper not so much) and beats depleted Uranium. What else can we shoot on row 6 of the periodic table? Gold? Iridium?

arushus
01-11-2012, 21:26
Lead free shot gun pellets makes a lot of sense, but taking the lead out of bullets? Only in Cali(?)

Nobody likes lead poisoning but it kills well (copper not so much) and beats depleted Uranium. What else can we shoot on row 6 of the periodic table? Gold? Iridium?

Im thinking platinum.

SolidBrass
01-11-2012, 22:09
One thing for sure is Underwood now has the fastest site on the web. Been there lately? (ps Barium)

Pretty slick Kevin, count me with the impressed.

cablecutter
01-12-2012, 12:56
Hey Kevin, I got a message from hickok45. He said that If you want to donate some ammo he will fire some and make a video at some point. He said that your ammo needs to be factory ammo ( which it is ) and he needs a "goodly amount ".

Sounds like it could boost your business since he will give you a shout out.

You should look him up on YouTube. He has 10s of thousands of followers

Let me know. Send me a PM with your phone number and I will pass it along if you are interested. I would love to see him shoot some under would ammo!!

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

kjunderwood
01-12-2012, 14:11
Hey Kevin, I got a message from hickok45. He said that If you want to donate some ammo he will fire some and make a video at some point. He said that your ammo needs to be factory ammo ( which it is ) and he needs a "goodly amount ".

Let me know. Send me a PM with your phone number and I will pass it along if you are interested. I would love to see him shoot some under would ammo!!

Just sent you a PM - very appreciative! Thanks!

Ken52789
01-12-2012, 18:43

great idea!!!

DeLo
01-13-2012, 11:05
Hey Kev just finished testing out the my new carry round for my 29SF, the 135s. Shot a 200 of them and they were flawless. Amazing round and very accurate. Going from my range 10mm to those was like jumping from 45 Colt to 460SW!

deadandgone
01-13-2012, 14:13
Saw your gold dots Kevin and I got me a few...gold dots my favorite carry round. Very nice price I might add.(Maybe I shouldn't say that....)

Nice to know that you can get a quality 10 mm load without going broke.

Thanks Kevin

Wonder140
01-18-2012, 21:51
Got my 165gr Gold Dots delivered via UPS today!! Thanks Kevin!! Can't wait until Friday to test these bad boys out vs. the Hornady I was carrying beforehand. Oh the excitement!!

arushus
01-18-2012, 22:00
Got my 165gr Gold Dots delivered via UPS today!! Thanks Kevin!! Can't wait until Friday to test these bad boys out vs. the Hornady I was carrying beforehand. Oh the excitement!!

Ive got some 165gr gold dots and some 135gr noslers due here friday...

dpadams6
03-15-2012, 17:47
Hey Kev just finished testing out the my new carry round for my 29SF, the 135s. Shot a 200 of them and they were flawless. Amazing round and very accurate. Going from my range 10mm to those was like jumping from 45 Colt to 460SW!

Do you use the stock rsa or a heavier one?

cookand
03-15-2012, 19:00
I have one serious problem with Underwood. I want all of it...and I want several boxes of all of it.:whistling:

SolidBrass
03-15-2012, 19:46
Do you use the stock rsa or a heavier one?

You didn't ask me but my advise is give a try stock, then if you feel your brass is blowing 20 ft get a bigger one. Underwood told me it's designed to operate out of the factory produced weapon so glock's got that going for it.

dpadams6
03-16-2012, 07:40
You didn't ask me but my advise is give a try stock, then if you feel your brass is blowing 20 ft get a bigger one. Underwood told me it's designed to operate out of the factory produced weapon so glock's got that going for it.

K. Many say stock is always more reliable. Being mine is for Edc, I will stick with stock. Just don't want my frame to get battered to hard. Was your flawless outing with stock or aftermarket rsa?

arushus
03-16-2012, 09:28
Stock is always the safest bet. But, I run an ISMI 22lb recoil spring on a Lonewolf stainless steel captured guide rod. With full power underwood ammo my brass still flies twenty feet or so, Im going to get a 24lb ISMI spring soon to replace it with. Ive never had one single issue that was related to the recoil spring. Even when I use my 10mm - .40sw conversion barrel and run the weakest .40sw ammo I can find, tulammo, it still cycles reliably EVERY TIME! The brass doesnt go very far, it lands a foot or two from my feet, but, the point is it has always cycled just fine!

A heavier spring will also make your high power round's velocity more consistent. With the stock spring and full power ammo, the slide can move back prematurely, come out of lock-up and allow gasses to escape causing your velocity to be lower than it should be. A heavier spring will keep the chamber and breech locked together longer.

SolidBrass
03-16-2012, 19:46
arushus is surely knowledge on the subject with this seeming solid advise. I have 22lbs spring and barrel upgrades but for shooting new ammo first time I'm biased to shoot it stock at least a few times. Making sure it functions well and then do whatever you like. People are all over on spring pressures. I don't hear many stories of factory rca's breaking but all the other wear might warrant a bigger spring.

Just 2 cents. I'm not allahbuddajebuszeusapollovishnu so I don't know everything.