Theoretical Sigma Trigger Fix [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Theoretical Sigma Trigger Fix

Tackleberry40sw
12-21-2011, 19:28
Hypothetically speaking, if the Sigma is so close to Glock in design and fuction, why has no one adapted the Glock trigger system to go in a Sigma frame. I am referring to the trigger, trigger bar, and trigger housing, connector, etc? If there was a trigger housing that was shaped to go in the Sigma frame, it would be a drop in fix for the Sigma's heavy trigger, theoretically. I am sure there are enough differences where there would have to be specially made specific parts for the Sigma, but there is enough Glock after market that I am surprised that no one has thought about this yet and brought it to market. I have been told that this is a waste of time and money. This is just my mind meandering with ideas.

blastfact
12-21-2011, 20:00
Wont happen. The very early,,, call it 1st gen Sigmas did have a setup something like the Glock. Look up the patent info out there. After the law suite issues Smith went a diff. way. And we now have the cam action sear.

One can clean up a Sigma trigger quite a bit. But you will never make it a Glock much less a M&P trigger. BUT if you own a current production Sigma you can make it run with only a striker spring in it. I have a 9VE and like it a lot. Won't be a M&P or G19 replacing it. :)

TreyG-20
12-21-2011, 20:23
Wont happen. The very early,,, call it 1st gen Sigmas did have a setup something like the Glock. Look up the patent info out there. After the law suite issues Smith went a diff. way. And we now have the cam action sear.

One can clean up a Sigma trigger quite a bit. But you will never make it a Glock much less a M&P trigger. BUT if you own a current production Sigma you can make it run with only a striker spring in it. I have a 9VE and like it a lot. Won't be a M&P or G19 replacing it. :)
I did the same on my 9ve also. Very nice mod to do if you have one and its free. Difference is amazing to say the least.