Surprised to see these on the open market so quick... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Surprised to see these on the open market so quick...

jwhite75
12-22-2011, 09:04
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2011-CHEVROLET-CAPRICE-POLICE-PACKAGE-SEDAN-/110795803601?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item19cbf1cbd1

Its an ok looking car dont know if I would want one as a civilian ride.

kc8ykd
12-22-2011, 22:13
as a civilian, i think i'd rather have the charger shown in the pics. purely due to the ability to fit more dead hookers in the trunk.

i'm a little surprised to see the display in the dash, is that going to be standard equipment in the police acquisitions? it would be pretty neat if they could integrate that into the radio/lights package.

btw, next time you go car shopping, ask to see the trunk, first thing. if they ask why, explain as above.

their reaction will tell if if it's a salesman who's gonna try and bone you or not.

blastfact
12-22-2011, 22:31
Don't buy it! Wait for GM to get the bugs worked out. And there will be some bad bug's a foot for at least the first two years.

It's to bad Ford does not look like they are going to put a hot eco-boost in a RWD sedan. I've spent some time in a eco-boost F-150 that has been worked very hard. Othere than the over all useless mass of the truck. The engine and drive line have been impressive as hell.

PHILLY COP 369
12-23-2011, 19:24
The ecoboost is very impressive

jwhite75
12-23-2011, 19:40
I wasnt planning on buying one. Juts thought it was neat to see a police package car brand new on the market already this soon as an all new model.

DaBigBR
12-23-2011, 20:38
i'm a little surprised to see the display in the dash, is that going to be standard equipment in the police acquisitions? it would be pretty neat if they could integrate that into the radio/lights package.

That is standard on the Caprice, but I think that it would be too much of a reach for easy activation of the lights and siren. In fact, almost all of the lights/siren activation and manipulation that I do is by touch, so a touch screen with no real tactile feedback would not be so great, IMO.

kc8ykd
12-23-2011, 22:29
ah, ok. makes sense it would be easier/safer to be able to do it via a mechanical switch without having to look for it.

i thought i'd seen a few systems that used voice commands to control lights/sirens too, maybe a couple years ago. i wonder if that's penetrated the "market" much at all.