a new era begins [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : a new era begins

kalifornia
12-22-2011, 21:12
the first kel tec KSG is on auction on Gunbroker.com Praise the lord of guns!! peace be with you

fasteddie565
12-23-2011, 04:23
the first kel tec KSG is on auction on Gunbroker.com Praise the lord of guns!! peace be with you

Do you have a link? I could not find it.

kalifornia
12-23-2011, 05:21
auction # 2662569921 happy bidding! I think I'll wait for the prices to come down a tad.

aippi
12-23-2011, 08:22
The bidding on that item proves "A fool and his money are soon parted."

Over $1,300 and bidding not finished on an item that has an MSRP around $800 and dealer price is $592. So now that the rip off dealers on Gun Broker have seen this, any of these they get in will be put on GB for a higher starting bid or reserve price.

The PMR's are being listed there for as much as $699 and dealer cost on that weapon is $259.

These are Kel-tecs' people, calm the F down. You are contributing to the same kind of insanity that caused all that mess when O'bama was elected.

Sharkey
12-23-2011, 08:37
Well seeing that I haven't sold my other firearm to fund a new KSG. I won't even look. I don't pay MSRP for anything and I sure ain't gonna pay more.

I'll ask the rep. at the Shot Show what the hold up is.

kalifornia
12-23-2011, 11:34
Aippi, you better get that one, so you can start making accesories. Hey there are many people that would love to have one of the first ones. That might or might not make them foolish, but they have one and we don't. I think the guns concept rivals boobies.

125K9
12-23-2011, 14:31
My my, $1,300.00 for a Keltec! I just THOUGHT that I'd seen it all. I do have a SUB 2000 40cal. that was given to me for a present, and it is a handy little object.
History's shown that most likely the first of anything to be produced is riddled with problems and is always badly overpriced. I wouldn't be too very envious of the "haves" just yet as they may soon wish that they were "have nots."

aippi
12-23-2011, 16:02
You are defending someone paying over $1,300 for a weapon that MSRP's for $850 ? A weapon that is unproven and from a company with a history of issues with their weapons. There are still over three days on the bidding so lets see how stupid someone can be.

Some where in this lays one of the major problems with this country and why it is not going to surrvive as we know it for much longer.

kalifornia
12-23-2011, 17:23
We all will have a Merry Christmas without a KSG

aippi
12-23-2011, 20:51
It is now over $1,500 with 3 days 16 hours to bid. The winner is going to feel like the idiot he is when he finds out the dealer cost is $592 and he sees them in gun shops soon.

mongo356
12-23-2011, 21:33
It is now over $1,500 with 3 days 16 hours to bid. The winner is going to feel like the idiot he is when he finds out the dealer cost is $592 and he sees them in gun shops soon.

Nope. He will just join here and Facebook and talk about how everyone involved from Gunbroker & Keltec to the FedEx driver is at fault that "he" lost money by paying too much. Then twelve other people will jump in and agree.

:shocked::shocked:

Sharkey
12-23-2011, 23:07
Well you always pay to be one of the first guys with anew toy.
I'm not that guy.

That said, the KSG brings what the market will pay and apparently it is gonna be about 2-3X the cost. Those bidders have the cash and want the KSG, I don't fault them for that.

Another 6 months and one will be in my safe. I guess I will have to make do with all the other long guns in the safe. :supergrin:

kalifornia
12-24-2011, 08:30
do you guys think the KSG is a cooler/better/more well thought out design than a traditional tac shotgun?

CAcop
12-24-2011, 08:47
do you guys think the KSG is a cooler/better/more well thought out design than a traditional tac shotgun?

I would say it is different. It requires you to stop and think about how you are going to run it. Then you have to train.

It is no different than say going from an 870 to Saiga. Totally different way of doing things.

Stop, think, train.

Sharkey
12-24-2011, 09:01
Well we are only speaking of designs since the KSG isn't in the hands of "tactical operators" yet. That said, yeah I think it is a better design.

More rounds in a compact package is always a good thing especially when you consider CQB. Sure the manual of arms might be different than the traditional set up but as CACop mentioned, proper training takes care of that.

Would I have preferred to have this over my 870P that rode in my cruiser? Yes.

aippi
12-24-2011, 09:28
Sharky - If you have have this weapon for duty then you accept Mr. Murphy as your ride along. That 870 you mentioned has been around for 60+ years and is a KISS design that was intended to remove Mr. Murphy from the equation and has been proving this on fields of battle all over this world and in the hands of LEO's in many countries.

So, your above post should read "We are speaking only of the CONCEPT". You have not even broke down one of these Kel-tec gimicks yet and seen how it is built so you have no idea if the design is solid. You are making the assestment by apperance and the Marketing videos of it in use. NEWS FLASH....... Those marketing points and videos are designed to sell the product and can and will mislead you. Not having seen the internals and how they work you can not make any kind of assesment as to the reliability of this weapon. Not having fired one and put it through the paces you can not make any kind of assement as to it's effectiveness in a fight.

I go on record and state "This weapon is a Gimick and a flash in the Pan". I base this on my life history with these weapons and knowledge of the Marketing of this mess to the public. People are being had. I am speaking out and telling all of you that the "KING is NAKED".

Sharkey
12-24-2011, 12:12
Sharky - If you have have this weapon for duty then you accept Mr. Murphy as your ride along. That 870 you mentioned has been around for 60+ years and is a KISS design that was intended to remove Mr. Murphy from the equation and has been proving this on fields of battle all over this world and in the hands of LEO's in many countries.

So, your above post should read "We are speaking only of the CONCEPT". You have not even broke down one of these Kel-tec gimicks yet and seen how it is built so you have no idea if the design is solid. You are making the assestment by apperance and the Marketing videos of it in use. NEWS FLASH....... Those marketing points and videos are designed to sell the product and can and will mislead you. Not having seen the internals and how they work you can not make any kind of assesment as to the reliability of this weapon. Not having fired one and put it through the paces you can not make any kind of assement as to it's effectiveness in a fight.

I go on record and state "This weapon is a Gimick and a flash in the Pan". I base this on my life history with these weapons and knowledge of the Marketing of this mess to the public. People are being had. I am speaking out and telling all of you that the "KING is NAKED".

Design/Concept, tomato/tomato. The 870 was/is a great shotgun and no doubt served me well for my nine years on patrol. That said, I'm not gonna piss on a new concept just because it hasn't been proven yet. Seeing that it is somewhat based on a Neostead shotgun, I wouldn't necessarily call it a gimmick and a flash in the pan either. You very well could be correct that the shotgun has issues but until they start shipping in mass and people and departments try them, I'm gonna give Kel Tec props for being innovative and bringing something to the market (soon enough) that could serve many people well.

As for marketing, half of it is smoke n mirrors and Kel Tec wouldn't be the only company to use slick marketing ploys. Why do you think the ad. exec. get paid a ton of money?

You always take your chance with Mr. Murphy when you face a risky situation. Adapt, improvise, and overcome right?

aippi
12-24-2011, 12:26
Points taken Shark. Your life your call.

Airborne Infantryman
12-24-2011, 12:55
:animlol:

If paying $1500+ for a Kel-Tec KSG floats someones boat, more power to them. I'd buy a Benelli M4 for those prices.

That's not to say I'm not interested in it, but I'll wait a year or so for the bugs to be worked out.

Cole125
12-24-2011, 18:00
Those are very cool but I would pay no more than $500-600 for one.

Vigilant
12-24-2011, 18:56
Between six in the tube, 1 in the chamber, six in a QUALITY butt sleeve, and 4 in the Speed Feed 1, I can carry 17 rounds either on, or in, an 870P. If that ain't enough, I'll probably be in bad shape.

I'll stick with what I have.

Roddy
12-25-2011, 23:50
How is this shotgun beginning a new era? It looks to be very similar to the South African Neostead and that was introduced a decade ago.

aippi
12-26-2011, 15:18
One day left and those clowns have it up to $1,576 with the next bid having to be $1,601 or that guy gets it. $1,000 over dealer cost for a Kel-tec. See what hype and marketing can do?

1time
12-27-2011, 18:11
The RFB is a cool concept but 4 or 5 years after the first one hit gunbroker they still haven't got the bugs worked out and the customers have been the beta testers. I hope the KSG is different but wouldn't pay $1500 to find out. There business model seems to produce guns that are carried alot and shot a little. When you are dealing with tiny pistols that fills a niche. I'm not sure how it will work for rifles and shotguns.

aippi
12-27-2011, 18:28
New Era? Idiots paying $2,400 for a weapon with an MSRP of $850, that is your new era? Then leave me out of it and I will stay in the old era when people had sence.