can you tell the difference? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : can you tell the difference?

kalifornia
12-23-2011, 13:02
a range that doesn't allow reloads? if you used the same componets to reload, how could they tell??

WiskyT
12-23-2011, 13:06
They can't. Just smile nicely as you make your way to the line and dispose of the evidence into their backstop.

Zombie Steve
12-23-2011, 13:06
When you start shooting better than anyone else.

GioaJack
12-23-2011, 13:12
Well, if you're shooting El_Nino's reloads the explosions will be a dead giveaway.

Jack

fredj338
12-23-2011, 16:41
They often check the box, so put the reloads in a factory box. Obviously if you are shooting lead bullets & the box says FMJ, dead give away, not to mention the smoke.:supergrin:

Ahmid
12-23-2011, 16:47
I had one fellow at the range I shoot at exam my ammunition for about three minutes straight. He did not recognize the Mfg. Prvi Partizan. He was sure they were reloads.
I had one gal grab my Wheeler screw driver box and demand to see what was in it, implying it could contain reloads...:cool:

Zombie Steve
12-23-2011, 16:59
Why do they give a crap? :dunno:

Steve Koski
12-23-2011, 17:00
I can tell a reload from a factory round 95% of the time, but I've had a lot of practice. I'll bet joe butwipe couldn't.

fredj338
12-23-2011, 18:51

It's mostly about the gun range trying to sell you their ammo. There is also a liability factor, we do live in Kommifornia after all, but some reloaders, as we know, just don't get it right sometimes. The resulting KB could injure another shooter, results, the gun range gets sued. Yes it's stupid, but I just don't shoot at such ranges.:tongueout:

EL_NinO619
12-23-2011, 19:30
Well, if you're shooting El_Nino's reloads the explosions will be a dead giveaway.

Jack

http://www.cosmopolitan.com/cm/cosmopolitan/images/r8/cos-upset-guy-4-mdn.jpg

WiskyT
12-23-2011, 19:32
http://www.cosmopolitan.com/cm/cosmopolitan/images/r8/cos-upset-guy-4-mdn.jpg

Cosmo huh? How metro of you.

Fastbear
12-23-2011, 19:41
Nice living in the sticks. Rarely have another human present at the range. Open the lock on the gate, drive in and have an enjoyable relaxing shoot. Hot coffee and doughnuts with the wife help. :cool:

dkf
12-23-2011, 20:18
I was thinking maybe they want the "once fired" brass to sell. Reloaded ammo more than likely isn't once fired any longer.

Glad I don't have to deal with or associate with such people.:whistling:

rpgman
12-24-2011, 07:24
Nice living in the sticks. Rarely have another human present at the range. Open the lock on the gate, drive in and have an enjoyable relaxing shoot. Hot coffee and doughnuts with the wife help. :cool:

Yep same here.
Private range no one around to bother me.

kalifornia
12-24-2011, 09:24
hmm thats what I thought, I just don't want to get busted and possibly get banned from the range-that would suck. Im alittle afraid. maybe I could claim ingnorance.

Batesmotel
12-24-2011, 09:27
22.9 million acres of BLM land. I don't need no stinking range.

njl
12-24-2011, 09:31
Depends on how clean and sorted your brass is, and how closely they look.

Obviously, dingy mixed brass in a ziplock, they're going to think "reloads".

Super clean Win brass in a Winchester value pack, with "normal" looking FMJ bullets, they're going to have to really know their stuff to tell the difference. I've gotten away with it.

If there's any doubt, and they see you running around picking up (and saving) your brass, that may also tip them off.

Ahmid
12-24-2011, 10:05
I was thinking maybe they want the "once fired" brass to sell. Reloaded ammo more than likely isn't once fired any longer.

Glad I don't have to deal with or associate with such people.:whistling:

They're not getting my brass, I pick most of it up. I use my reloads at another range.

blastfact
12-24-2011, 11:08
I wouldn't go to such a range.

fredj338
12-24-2011, 12:01
I wouldn't go to such a range.
Exactly. A range dictating to me my ammo or whether I keep my brass just won't get my business. If I have to drive 3hrs to shoot the way I want, so be it.:dunno: Besides, most indoor ranges do not allow holster work or rapid fire, for good reason, but that is what it is. If I am at a range I want to train or practice, not just plink.I certainly want the brass I brought, after all, I paid for it.:wavey:

AA#5
12-24-2011, 12:12

They see it as a profit loss issue. Simple - they're trying to force you to buy their overpriced reloads. Naturally, they turn it into a "safety" issue.

The two ranges I frequent don't say anything about reloads. One indoor range I stopped patronizing charged an extra fee to customers who brought their own ammo - reloads or factory. That's why I stopped going there.

chemcmndr
12-24-2011, 18:02
They see it as a profit loss issue. Simple - they're trying to force you to buy their overpriced reloads. Naturally, they turn it into a "safety" issue.

The two ranges I frequent don't say anything about reloads. One indoor range I stopped patronizing charged an extra fee to customers who brought their own ammo - reloads or factory. That's why I stopped going there.

One of the local ranges stopped allowing reloads after someone was shooting reloaded tracer rounds and started a fire inside.

Steve Koski
12-24-2011, 18:26
C'mon. Do it for the children.

shotgunred
12-24-2011, 22:45
I only shoot factory ammo.
The shotgun red ammo factory.:cool: