Oh glorious day! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Oh glorious day!

Shadyscott69
12-25-2011, 10:03
My wife must have gotten tired of hearing me whine about my aching back. Might have helped that I circled both of these in the Dillon catalog. :whistling:

http://www.dillonprecision.com/uimages//Brass_Wizard_Close_Up.jpg

http://media.midwayusa.com/productimages/large/847/847836.jpg

GioaJack
12-25-2011, 10:08
That's strange, she bought me a new 1050 in .223.

Can I borrow your present to pick up my brass? :couch:

Jack

Shadyscott69
12-25-2011, 10:11
That's strange, she bought me a new 1050 in .223.

Can I borrow your present to pick up my brass? :couch:

Jack

Hypoxia in conjunction with dementia must be a *****.

I will be calling you this coming week. :whistling:

32dgrz
12-25-2011, 11:16
Hypoxia in conjunction with dementia must be a *****.

I will be calling you this coming week. :whistling:
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

shotgunred
12-25-2011, 11:45
My entire idpa group uses my sorters. A must have for the multi caliber reloader.:cool:

Damon555
12-25-2011, 11:49
That thing is pretty sweet! It's too bad it would never work at my range. There are so many aluminum cases on the ground it would never pick up the intended targets.

fredj338
12-25-2011, 12:05
The only thing bad about the "nutroller" is it picks up everything. So @ a range w/ a lot of brass, you get everything.

Shadyscott69
12-25-2011, 18:40
The only thing bad about the "nutroller" is it picks up everything. So @ a range w/ a lot of brass, you get everything.

I am a brass whore. That is fine with me. :supergrin:

Jon_R
12-25-2011, 18:44
I like the Dillon Catalog. What I want the most from the catalog never has a part number or price but a sample is always pictured on the cover. :whistling: Probably would end up being very expensive......

Shadyscott69
12-25-2011, 18:50
I like the Dillon Catalog. What I want the most from the catalog never has a part number or price but a sample is always pictured on the cover. :whistling: Probably would end up being very expensive......

:rofl::whistling:

johnson8861
12-25-2011, 18:57
I have never reloaded, and I asked for a Dillon 650, and got it. Now I probably need to get the video.

Colorado4Wheel
12-25-2011, 20:03
I have never reloaded, and I asked for a Dillon 650, and got it. Now I probably need to get the video.

Wow. Good job. I would just reading the stickies as well.

bush pilot
12-25-2011, 21:36

The 650 is too much press for a novice such as yourself. Before you hurt yourself you need to send the machine to me, I'll send you a whack a mole kit until you feel comfortable with the reloading process.

DanaT
12-25-2011, 22:09
I circled two brass retrievers in the Victorias Secret catalog and my wife didn't get me either one of them....

-Dana

shotgunred
12-25-2011, 22:17

The video is a waste of money. There are plenty of good free ones on youtube.

Hoser
12-25-2011, 22:25
Many years ago my lovely bride asked me what I wanted for Christmas. I told her I wanted what was on the cover.

She got me a 1050. Guess I should have been more specific.

johnson8861
12-26-2011, 03:21
The 650 is too much press for a novice such as yourself. Before you hurt yourself you need to send the machine to me, I'll send you a whack a mole kit until you feel comfortable with the reloading process.
I need an address to send it to.

IndyGunFreak
12-26-2011, 05:06
My wife must have gotten tired of hearing me whine about my aching back. Might have helped that I circled both of these in the Dillon catalog. :whistling:

http://www.dillonprecision.com/uimages//Brass_Wizard_Close_Up.jpg

http://media.midwayusa.com/productimages/large/847/847836.jpg

I don't need a brass picker upper... My broom/commercial dustpan work just fine, and i don't have to bend over either.. ;)

I am curious how those brass sorters work though. I've considered getting them in the past, but they look kinda gimmicky... so I've just kept sorting by hand. How exactly do those work?

Edit: OK, I see Dillon has a description on how they work. If they "stack" though... it seems like you'd have to empty them out an awful lot during sorting. I dunno... I'll have to think about it.

rpgman
12-26-2011, 07:18

Nice choice.
My xl650 is only a month old.

I'm sure you'll enjoy yours as much as I have enjoyed mine so far.
Greg

meleors
12-26-2011, 08:32
I don't need a brass picker upper... My broom/commercial dustpan work just fine, and i don't have to bend over either.. ;)

I am curious how those brass sorters work though. I've considered getting them in the past, but they look kinda gimmicky... so I've just kept sorting by hand. How exactly do those work?

Edit: OK, I see Dillon has a description on how they work. If they "stack" though... it seems like you'd have to empty them out an awful lot during sorting. I dunno... I'll have to think about it.

Here is the website for use: http://www.shellsorter.com/Whatisit/what%20is%20it.html

Personally, I use one pan at a time to separate out each size. Works better that way when doing large amounts of brass.

PCJim
12-26-2011, 09:37
I'm with Meleors, I use the sorters one at a time WITH HEARING PROTECTION. Darn things are LOUD. The work best when not overloaded, and require a lot of shaking. you will still find an occasional case-in-a-case, and the 380 sorter, while it works fairly good, isn't the solves all that it is made out to be.

I used to sort by hand, and still do if I have a small quantity for sorting. One thing about sorting by hand - you pay more attention to the cases when you are handling them.

ron59
12-26-2011, 11:33

No way would I want to go back to sorting without these. They work great.

If you have a BUNCH of brass... just don't dump it all in at once. They'll handle 500 cases at one time or so, no problem. When they're stacked, dump all cases into the top one. Then lift that one slightly and shake it around, all the smaller stuff will sift through. Then you can shake more vigorously, and look for nested cases. Once you have the top sifter totally sorted, dump those cases into appropriate bin and start on second one.

You want to have the 3 sifters sitting on top of a 5 gallon can. That allows the .22 stuff along with dirt to drop down into that instead of on your floor.

I hand sorted for about 6 months... never again.

GioaJack
12-26-2011, 11:38
Adopt several elementary school age children and lay in a supply of bubble gum and lollypops.

Every ten years or so you have to replace them... and they come with no warranty but lots of BS. (If they're blue it doesn't mean they're better, it means they're either not breathing or they're Smurfs.)

Jack