Proud member of 10mm club today! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Proud member of 10mm club today!

Wonder140
12-25-2011, 10:57
Unwrapped a brand new Glock 20SF this am. Wife also included some Hornady 155gr but need to know what I should be purchasing. I have been told Doubletap but also it seems the UW stuff is smoking hot so gimme your suggestion.

I will be adding some nice mods here soon as well! Can't wait. This is going to be a fun weapon!

Anyhow, looking forward to this bad boy!

Merry Christmas to all!

http://img.tapatalk.com/42577b1a-55e0-dbe6.jpg

Reboot
12-25-2011, 11:19
Congratulations! That's a great present.

alwaysshootin
12-25-2011, 11:20
Merry Christmas, and congrats on the new G20SF. If I may suggest,, shoot a few hundred rounds through it before you change a thing. You may find, like most of us, that nothing at all is needed. You will probably find it perfect right out of the box. Enjoy!!!!

Oh, and save that brass!:cool:

Wonder140
12-25-2011, 11:32
Merry Christmas, and congrats on the new G20SF. If I may suggest,, shoot a few hundred rounds through it before you change a thing. You may find, like most of us, that nothing at all is needed. You will probably find it perfect right out of the box. Enjoy!!!!

Oh, and save that brass!:cool:

Oh for sure. Going to be ordering a thousand rounds here in a couple weeks to get this bad boy broken in. The wife and I are heading to the mountains for some r&r and I dont want 1k rounds sitting on my door step if you know what I mean.

Was reading around, I'm not reloading but it looks as though quite a few here do so I will be sure to save the brass.

I've found some decent deals on range ammo. Looks like I can get the case for about 400 shipped if not just under so its not as bad as many have said. It isn't around the local shops much and if they do have it they are wanting over $30 a box of 50. Walmart doesn't carry it but hey, maybe if a lot of 10mm owners flooded Walmart sales with a request for it they could see ordering the rounds for store sell. Just a thought.

alwaysshootin
12-25-2011, 11:52
Oh for sure. Going to be ordering a thousand rounds here in a couple weeks to get this bad boy broken in. The wife and I are heading to the mountains for some r&r and I dont want 1k rounds sitting on my door step if you know what I mean.

Was reading around, I'm not reloading but it looks as though quite a few here do so I will be sure to save the brass.

I've found some decent deals on range ammo. Looks like I can get the case for about 400 shipped if not just under so its not as bad as many have said. It isn't around the local shops much and if they do have it they are wanting over $30 a box of 50. Walmart doesn't carry it but hey, maybe if a lot of 10mm owners flooded Walmart sales with a request for it they could see ordering the rounds for store sell. Just a thought.

There was a thread a while ago trying just that with Walmart, went quite a few pages, assuring them there would be larger sales in the 10, then the sig, or gap, offerings. I'm not holding my breath! I'm doing something positive. I roll my own, and there is never a shortage!:cool:

4949shooter
12-26-2011, 07:02
The Underwood 135 Noslers seem to be the more prominent load for use against human attackers. I don't know how your agency would feel about you using ammo from a small company for duty use? Hopefully it doesn't matter.

Other than that, the Hornady 155 XTP you have has chrono'd from 1265 up to 1270 out of a G29, which isn't full power 10MM but isn't a slouch either.

Edit: Wouldn't you know it, the Underwood 135's are out of stock at the moment.

Beanie-Bean
12-26-2011, 09:08
Congrats on the new G20! What an excellent present :)

purrrfect 10
12-26-2011, 09:14
:perfect10: All the way

arushus
12-26-2011, 11:41
Congrats! You came to the right place! There are lots of intelligent, knowledgeable people here that can help with just about anything. Watch out for a member here named 21carrier though, he thinks he is really smart, but in all honesty knows very little about guns. We like to let him think he knows what he's talking about, cuz we cant bare to hurt his feelings, you know, kinda like people do with kids in the special olympics. We just like to make him feel good.

ModGlock17
12-26-2011, 12:33
A Wife like that is worth keeping. Glocks are easy to find, but a Wife like that is hard to find.

Congrats on the Wife, then the G20sf.

ModGlock17
12-26-2011, 12:39
Watch out for a member here named 21carrier though, he thinks he is really smart, but in all honesty knows very little about guns. We like to let him think he knows what he's talking about, cuz we cant bare to hurt his feelings, you know, kinda like people do with kids in the special olympics. We just like to make him feel good.

LOL. A lot of young guys are smart and indestructible, that is until the right woman comes along.

_The_Shadow
12-26-2011, 13:01
Congrats! You have two problems! What to feed that new baby and what will be you next 10mm pistol! :tongueout:

Wonder140
12-26-2011, 19:07
The Underwood 135 Noslers seem to be the more prominent load for use against human attackers. I don't know how your agency would feel about you using ammo from a small company for duty use? Hopefully it doesn't matter.

Other than that, the Hornady 155 XTP you have has chrono'd from 1265 up to 1270 out of a G29, which isn't full power 10MM but isn't a slouch either.

Edit: Wouldn't you know it, the Underwood 135's are out of stock at the moment.

Can't carry it as my primary weapon on duty. I'm issued an H&K USP40 for primary. I can however carry backup weapons in the car. I have a glock 27 on my ankle and will keep this glock 20 in the car with me for quick access. They are fine with what I choose to use for ammo in my personal weapons even if using it for a backup weapon while in duty. They are awesome in that department imo. It's nice not to have SOP on what ammo I can carry in my personal weapons.

It's nice I am able to carry virtually as many weapons as I want while on duty as well. Rather have and not need then need and not have!! Many of my Leo buds don't have this luxury and their only able to carry their issued sidearm,issued shotgun and issued AR or whatever assault rifle they are issued.

I checked UW out today. Really great pricing!! Going to get a bunch ordered as soon as the wife and I get back from our r&r in the mountains.

On a side note, thanks for all the info everyone has been pouring out to me. Sure do appreciate it all!

Angry Fist
12-26-2011, 19:16
http://www.kryptonitekollectibles.com/images/prod/BurnsExcellentSticker.jpg

rcd567
12-26-2011, 21:01
Can't carry it as my primary weapon on duty. I'm issued an H&K USP40 for primary. I can however carry backup weapons in the car. I have a glock 27 on my ankle and will keep this glock 20 in the car with me for quick access. They are fine with what I choose to use for ammo in my personal weapons even if using it for a backup weapon while in duty. They are awesome in that department imo. It's nice not to have SOP on what ammo I can carry in my personal weapons.

It's nice I am able to carry virtually as many weapons as I want while on duty as well. Rather have and not need then need and not have!! Many of my Leo buds don't have this luxury and their only able to carry their issued sidearm,issued shotgun and issued AR or whatever assault rifle they are issued.

I checked UW out today. Really great pricing!! Going to get a bunch ordered as soon as the wife and I get back from our r&r in the mountains.

On a side note, thanks for all the info everyone has been pouring out to me. Sure do appreciate it all!

Dang, I never get new guns for Christmas.

My department that I retired from mandated not only which gun for duty, Swat, and off duty, but also the ammo.:dunno: Now that I'm retired I can carry and shoot whatever I want.:supergrin:

Good luck to you and stay safe.

bac1023
12-26-2011, 21:15
Congrats! :cool:

Taterhead
12-26-2011, 21:37
VERRRRY Nice Wonder140. Awesome to find that under the tree.

I know you will enjoy it!