First 10mm reloads [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : First 10mm reloads

Adam h
12-26-2011, 09:59
Well, I picked up a G20SF a few months back and I decided this was as good a chance as any to get into reloading. I just loaded up 60 rounds - 200 grain XTP over 9 grains of Blue Dot, once used PPU brass and Winchester large pistol primers.

This will be out of a stock barrel, stock everything for that matter. I've read a bunch on this and wanted to know if anyone else has shot this combo out of a stock G20, and if so, how did it do? Thanks!

fredj338
12-26-2011, 11:59
Let me first say, welcome to the reloading community. Now to flog you a bit. You NEVER just load up 60rds of anything. That is crank pulling, not reloading. You need to learn how to do proper load workups. NEVER load more than 10rds of anything to test. You'll eventually end up having a love affair w/ your bullet puller. Having said that, you are not likely to get into trouble w/ your load, but it's not likely to give you the best perfromance either.
Choose avg middle data from 3 sources. Load NO MORE than 10rds & then go up (w/ BD or equiv) 0.2gr increments & load 10rds. Continue until avg max. Fire them in order. Note accuracy, low or high pressure signs & record your results. In that workup, a best perfroming load will show itself. If yo usee pressure signs before avg max, obviously do not fire those. You still get to shoot 60rds, you just may not have to pull anything down & find a load that gives you the accuracy & performance you want.

FLSlim
12-26-2011, 14:30
Listen to Fred!