Puncture resistant gloves [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Puncture resistant gloves

gofastman
12-26-2011, 11:09
Mods feel free to move if this is the wrong forum, but bare with me for a second...

when I work with experimental loads, I usually use MIL-PRF-31013 saftey glasses in combination with a face shield (I don't care if I look like a dork, im a good looking guy and I want keep it that way) :supergrin:
however
I feel like I should have some protection for my hands.
I know they make cheifs gloves that are cut resistant, but does a puncture/tear resistant glove that allows good dexterity exsist?

GioaJack
12-26-2011, 11:27
Unless you're intentionally attempting to determine at what level a particular load will destroy a particular gun you're probably over thinking the whole thing.

If you're starting your loading at a known safe level and working up from there in small increments, other than wearing safety glasses you're doing everything that a prudent loader needs do.

One should remember that although revolvers and pistols do, on occasion let go there is rarely any injuries involved unless the loader was trying to recreate the Manhattan Project. (High power rifle loading can be a different matter but if you don't already know what your doing you should probably start out with some experienced tutelage.)

Every shooter is different but if someone walked up to me at the range wearing eye protection, a full face mask and gloves I do believe I'd go sit in the truck, listen to Pandora, read a book and wait for the floor show to end.

That's just me though. (On second thought it could make some nifty lead in footage for a You Tube video.)

Jack

dkf
12-26-2011, 11:37
If your that concerned about the integrity of the reloads you may want to just buy a pistol vise, a bunch of string and a lexan blast shield.:whistling:

A glove that is going to stop damage from a decent blast is going to be a PITA to shoot with.

fredj338
12-26-2011, 13:06
Yeah, probably a bit paranoid, but that is ok. Get a pair of Kevlar line leather LEO search gloves. Better than bare skin. I do experimental reloading a lot, but I also know what I am doing & where not to go.

EL_NinO619
12-26-2011, 13:12
I have a pair of Kevlar/rubber palmed gloves. They are cut proof but not puncture proof, I will get the name of them and re post... I now use the when loading primers

JuneyBooney
12-26-2011, 13:20
I have heard of puncture resistant gloves for leo but not reloading. Interesting idea though.

gofastman
12-26-2011, 14:55
I have heard of puncture resistant gloves for leo but not reloading. Interesting idea though.

I guess I wasnt looking for gloves specificly designed for reloading, just something that would be of some protection from pecies of fragmented Glock frame :whistling:

Ill check out those LEO search gloves mentioned above

fredj338
12-26-2011, 17:29
I guess I wasnt looking for gloves specificly designed for reloading, just something that would be of some protection from pecies of fragmented Glock frame :whistling:

Ill check out those LEO search gloves mentioned above

If you are doing ANYTHING that foolsih as to KB a GLock, then you need to take up another hobby. Seriously, reloading is pretty safe, even stretching boundries, but you MUST know what you are doing, be able to read pressure signs & work w/ a good chronograph. You can go pretty wild staying within certain perameters, but why?:dunno: If I thought I was going to do something that required extra safety equip, above & beyond what is normal, I probably wouldn't do it.

dkf
12-26-2011, 18:01
Don't use the antiquated "cup and saucer" technique. The Glocks will blow the mag out the bottom of the grip during a KB.