SR 1911 Questions: [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : SR 1911 Questions:

AK74play
12-26-2011, 13:37
Any HANDS on experience good or bad with these? I have all the factory info but got a guy wanting to trade me a NIB for one of my AK's and trying to find out things like is the Back strap metal or Plastic? Is the hammer Cast or not. There is no room for cast parts in my 1911's so I'm trying to find out ahead of time what all I may have to change. I never seen a handgun that didn't shoot straight so dont need any accuracy opinions. Just looking for accurate info from those that would know (OWNERS) This would be info I know I can trust because your not trying to sell me one. This guy wants an answer pretty quick or he will just put it up for sale and I know it wont last long then. So any help would be greatly appreciated...Thanks.

Travelin' Jack
12-26-2011, 13:42
Any HANDS on experience good or bad with these? I have all the factory info but got a guy wanting to trade me a NIB for one of my AK's and trying to find out things like is the Back strap metal or Plastic? Is the hammer Cast or not. There is no room for cast parts in my 1911's so I'm trying to find out ahead of time what all I may have to change. I never seen a handgun that didn't shoot straight so dont need any accuracy opinions. Just looking for accurate info from those that would know (OWNERS) This would be info I know I can trust because your not trying to sell me one. This guy wants an answer pretty quick or he will just put it up for sale and I know it wont last long then. So any help would be greatly appreciated...Thanks.

I'd take it either way. If it's not up to your standards you can sell it in two shakes.

AK74play
12-26-2011, 13:51
I'd take it either way. If it's not up to your standards you can sell it in two shakes.

Yeh I know but then I'm out the AK and got to pay more FFL fees so thats really not an option. Thanks.

bac1023
12-26-2011, 13:53
I like mine quite a bit. The main spring housing (baqk strap) is steel on the SR1911.

There are cast parts. If you want a 1911 with no cast parts whatsoever, you're in the wrong price range.

AK74play
12-26-2011, 14:07
I like mine quite a bit. The main spring housing (baqk strap) is steel on the SR1911.

There are cast parts. If you want a 1911 with no cast parts whatsoever, you're in the wrong price range.

Thank you, thats the kind of info I need any other input from you as a Owner/user ???

The cast part issue is ok because I can change and fit anything I might need to just wondering what they are so I can get a figure in mind befor I make the deal..Appreciate it man.

CMG
12-26-2011, 15:47
I've bought one, and handled two, both were put together very well.

The frame is cast (same origin as Caspian), and most of the small parts are either cast or MIM.

Doesn't mean it's a bad gun, but for $600 you don't get all forged and tool steel.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b175/pb9x19/1911s/RSR1911l.jpg

AK74play
12-26-2011, 16:10
I've bought one, and handled two, both were put together very well.

The frame is cast (same origin as Caspian), and most of the small parts are either cast or MIM.

Doesn't mean it's a bad gun, but for $600 you don't get all forged and tool steel.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b175/pb9x19/1911s/RSR1911l.jpg
I understand all that, this is the kind of info I need. I'm not worried about the cast or mim parts just wanted to know what they were so I could check if I already had replacements of may still have to order a couple. I can change and fit anything it may need (in my opinion) . This is good info....Thanks. Oh I know the frame is cast but at least it's Stainless..Thanks a bunch..

B.Reid
12-26-2011, 16:44
I will trade him my AK for that SR1911. I hate the AK.

bac1023
12-26-2011, 16:58
I will trade him my AK for that SR1911. I hate the AK.

I'm not a big AK fan myself. I don't care much for the round or the gun.

bac1023
12-26-2011, 16:59
Thank you, thats the kind of info I need any other input from you as a Owner/user ???

The cast part issue is ok because I can change and fit anything I might need to just wondering what they are so I can get a figure in mind befor I make the deal..Appreciate it man.

Mine has been 100% reliable and I think its one of the best 1911s in its price range.

Check out the guide in my signature. :)

stopatrain
12-26-2011, 17:04
It's hard to beat for the price.

bac1023
12-26-2011, 17:04
It's hard to beat for the price.

Yes it is.

mr.scott
12-26-2011, 20:00
I'll take Ruger cast parts over most companies forged parts.

bac1023
12-26-2011, 21:05
I'll take Ruger cast parts over most companies forged parts.

They do some good casting.

Three-Five-Seven
12-27-2011, 08:21
Have I got this right?

You're asking if the company who perfected the process of investment casting firearms and other precision components uses cast parts in their 1911???

Have I got that right?

JaPes
12-27-2011, 08:58
Forgive me, but what's the big deal if a firearm has cast or mim parts? If the darn thing works, it works.

AK74play
12-27-2011, 17:14
Have I got this right?

You're asking if the company who perfected the process of investment casting firearms and other precision components uses cast parts in their 1911???

Have I got that right?

No you don't have that right, no one ask if they use cast parts. Everyone already knows they do, I was just wanting to know what they were. I know it dont make a difference to most, BUT it does to me. Over the years I have seen and had to many break. And to this day NO ONE has perfected the process. It is tons better than it was but to this day bubbles still occur inside where you cant see them til they break.

AK74play
12-27-2011, 17:19
Forgive me, but what's the big deal if a firearm has cast or mim parts? If the darn thing works, it works.

Oh I agree for the most part, until a cast part break, then , thats right it don't work anymore. Again I'm not slamming cast parts but as long as I can do without them, I will. I was just wanting to know if anyone knew what they were befor I made the deal.

The reason I started this thread was for info and I have found most of what I wanted to know from those that actually read the thread. Thank you all for the input and now the war over cast parts can continue without me. Everyone that helped, Have a great day and a Happy New Year..

plouffedaddy
12-27-2011, 18:25
I like mine but based on your original post, it won't be up to your standards. I picked mine up for $550 so I don't expect the same quality as a Wilson Combat but it's a good gun. Mine is reliable and has a good 1911 out of the box trigger. No complaints from me.
http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l178/tiffani33/Guns/IMAG0462.jpg

JaPes
12-27-2011, 18:46
I know it dont make a difference to most, BUT it does to me. Over the years I have seen and had to many break. And to this day NO ONE has perfected the process. It is tons better than it wasbut to this day bubbles still occur inside where you cant see them til they break.

Oh I agree for the most part, until a cast part break, then , thats right it don't work anymore.

Thank you sir for providing me a new kernel of knowledge. It is much appreciated.

ca survivor
12-27-2011, 18:53
at Ruger they have been doing casting for a long time.......

AK74play
12-27-2011, 19:02
Thank you sir for providing me a new kernel of knowledge. It is much appreciated.

Glad I could be of some slight assistance........:rofl:

Tango 1Zero
12-27-2011, 19:07
Hickok45 on youtube did a nice review on one.

AK74play
12-27-2011, 19:13
I like mine but based on your original post, it won't be up to your standards. I picked mine up for $550 so I don't expect the same quality as a Wilson Combat but it's a good gun. Mine is reliable and has a good 1911 out of the box trigger. No complaints from me.
http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l178/tiffani33/Guns/IMAG0462.jpg

Thats great and I have to agree it is a nice pistol, if not I wouldn't even be interested in it. I certainly know it's not up to Bill Wilson's standards which I happen to use a lot of their parts. Even my Taurus stainless 1911 is a great pistol for the price and now that it is full of the right parts from Wilson and Les B. it complies for me for a LOT less money. My experiences with Ruger have been nothing but fantastic. Case in point my last new gun purchase was the M77/357. A simply awsome bolt action carbine for the wonderful 357 mag cartridge and the price was just the icing on the cake. My only interest in the initial questions were so I would know ahead of time what it was going to cost me to make it what I call acceptable. I will still have far less in it than any custom hi dollar 1911 and I think it is even very sharp just to look at. The info I received from Ruger on this weapon and past Ruger experience for me already had me sold on it just looking for the internal info. Thanks a bunch gentlemen.

NeverMore1701
12-27-2011, 21:50
:rofl:

Taurus > Ruger anything.

:rofl:

AK74play
12-27-2011, 23:26
FINAL POST:

Thank you sir for the definitive list. You know who you are... Carry on with the BS gentlemen I got what I needed...:wavey:

glockarmor
12-31-2011, 17:49
A used one just went for $855 on GB so if it doesn't suit you I would think that would soothe your pain :), I know it would mine. :)
Happy New Year:wavey: