Crimson Trace on a G29, too thick? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Crimson Trace on a G29, too thick?

lordofmpower
12-29-2011, 14:41
My G29 is my mid sized carry gun and I've been thinking about tossing a crimson trace laser on it. I had one on my G17, and on my LCP so I know the product well. My question is does it make the already thick 29 too thick? Anyone that has/had one let me know your thoughts, and your glove size haha. I found on my G17 the hump actually improved my natural point of aim because it slightly changed the net grip angle. Thanks in advance for any input you all can offer!

4GLOCKER
12-29-2011, 14:55
You don't need a laser on a 10mm, the sound alone will scare them away!!

kindapointless
12-29-2011, 15:50
I just took mine off of my 20sf it did make mine too thick for me but it may be that the gun itself is right on the verge of being too thick for me. I only wear a size medium flight glove which is I think 8 to 9. The laser was throwing off my grip pretty badly though it did make the beaver tail on it fit better in my hand the pods that held the batteries made it too bulky in just that small area where they were. I belive that if it would of had the same bulk all the way down the grip it would of been better

Taterhead
12-29-2011, 17:14
Seems kind of chunky for a 10mm Glock. I like a rail mounted solution like the Streamlight TLR-2. I have not been able to get too comfortable with a Crimson Trace in the little experience I have had with it.

swinokur
12-30-2011, 06:01
I have one of my G30 (same frame as G29).

I have very average hands. I don't think it's too thick. Pretty subjective however.

BuckyP
12-30-2011, 06:08
I had one on my G30. I thought it made the gun a little too thick. Also, if you bear down on the grip, the lasers point of aim moves. I presume the flex in the frame that is doing it.

It looks like the new lasers coming out for the GEN 4s lock in like the back straps, which I think may be a better solution. Of course, who knows how long till they come out. :dunno: