eBay is a sickness... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : eBay is a sickness...

thorn137
12-29-2011, 19:51
I'm browsing Hornady 366 offers on ebay, and have been tempted more than once.

I don't even own a 12 gauge.

Someone pls take my debit card away for safe keeping.

thorn

EL_NinO619
12-29-2011, 20:21
I will take it, I promise not to buy anything... I do need a 1050 and a .338 Lapua... But I will NOT put it on your card..:whistling:

El_Ron1
12-29-2011, 23:29
Get up, come on get down with the sickness.

freakshow10mm
12-29-2011, 23:45
Someone pls take my debit card away for safe keeping.

thorn
You have my respect for planning your purchase with cash and not credit. Carry on.

thorn137
12-30-2011, 15:24
I got on the Dave Ramsey bandwagon about 2-3 years ago. Though I don't follow all his steps (personal situation and preference), I highly believe that credit can easily destroy one's personal financial freedom. It's happened to me, and happened to friends. After some thought and planning, I sold my motorcycle, a Glock, and some other things and ate ham sandwiches for lunch and dinner for a lonnnnng time. It took several months, but I paid off around $5-6K and finally left credit card hell.

I'm trying to raise my teenagers to avoid my mistakes - and a big lesson is "If you don't have the money to buy it today, you can't afford it." Another is "Before you buy ANY big purchase (say, more than $100), wait 10 days." - ie, big impulse purchases are a no-no.

I haven't made a credit card purchase in years, and don't intend to get another one. Except for my car - I'm now totally debt free... and I can accept taking out a car loan. But consumer credit - While I don't exactly HATE Citibank, they'll never get another dime of my paycheck. ;)

thorn

Bello
12-31-2011, 18:11
I will take it, I promise not to buy anything... I do need a 1050 and a .338 Lapua... But I will NOT put it on your card..:whistling:

who the hell are you trying to snipe? you merc