I think Im in love! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : I think Im in love!

arushus
12-30-2011, 22:12
Somebody talk some sense in to me. Im about to sell my car, other guns, and anything else of value, including my body, to buy this gun! I want it so bad! I woulddo horrible things for this gun, nasty, reprehensible, unthinkable, just downright ugly things for this gun!

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=267267754

10-acious
12-30-2011, 22:40
Somebody talk some sense in to me. Im about to sell my car, other guns, and anything else of value, including my body, to buy this gun! I want it so bad! I woulddo horrible things for this gun, nasty, reprehensible, unthinkable, just downright ugly things for this gun!

So what you're saying is I should refrain from bidding on that Colt?

dooga
12-30-2011, 22:44
I am happy to give you guys all the hyper-expensive 1911 variants you want. Gorgeous, yes, but not my type. More for you, I guess.

Bullman
12-30-2011, 23:10
I wish I still had the Delta I bought all those years ago, it was a shooter, not quite as fancy as that one. It was a quite a shooter that one.

inspectorjj
12-30-2011, 23:15

Your lucky that my bonus don't get here for about 2-1/2 more months. I'd jump on that in a Milli-second. :wow:

9jeeps
12-30-2011, 23:24
Git er done! I was that way about six or seven guns over time. Then realized I had a few too many safe queens. Hope you have an understanding of this phobia.
Good luck.

arushus
12-30-2011, 23:51
Its just a gorgeous gun! While I would definitely keep it in as good condition as possible, I would HAVE to shoot it, often!

21Carrier
12-31-2011, 04:39
It sure is pretty. But you should buy one that you won't feel bad about shooting. I wonder what "First Edition" really means. How many of those "First Edition" guns are out there? The serial number is low, but still should have 315 guns before it, if they use chronological numbering. I wish I knew more about it.

4949shooter
12-31-2011, 05:21
That's a collectible gun. I wouldn't shoot it.

eracer
12-31-2011, 06:35
You must drive a really crappy car...:whistling:

dryfly
12-31-2011, 06:58
Have you discussed this with your wife ???
Bahahahaha......
Remember it is easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission....
No begging allowed though !!!!!!!!!!! You will lose your man-card !!!

Nice gun...but I like 21's better....

Jitterbug
12-31-2011, 07:20

Colt's...especially one's like that are very collectible, that's a showpiece/safequeen only.

I doubt it will go for listed minimum bid of $1200.00...the reserve may be quite a bit higher.

If I were a rich man...maybe, but I prefer shooters.

nickE10mm
12-31-2011, 08:36

Holy crap. WHAT A PISTOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :drool: What an incredibly beautiful Delta. MMMMMMM

Heed dryfly's advice: "Remember it is easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission...." True stuff.

eracer
12-31-2011, 09:14
Colt's...especially one's like that are very collectible, that's a showpiece/safequeen only.

I doubt it will go for listed minimum bid of $1200.00...the reserve may be quite a bit higher.

If I were a rich man...maybe, but I prefer shooters.A bit off topic, but can someone explain to me why 'Minimum Bid' ≠ 'Reserve'?

dl645
12-31-2011, 09:36
A bit off topic, but can someone explain to me why 'Minimum Bid' ≠ 'Reserve'?
Don't think I've ever seen it on gunbroker but used to see it all the time on eBay. Minimum bid is where the bidding will start but the reserve could be higher. Minimum bid of 1,000 but a reserve of 1,500 means if the "winning bid" is under 1,500 then it's not sold. The lower starting bid gets things going but until it passes the reserve price, it doesn't really count.

rcd567
12-31-2011, 09:59
Just wait till I win the Powerball. I'll show you guys. I will. I really will.:rofl:

inspectorjj
12-31-2011, 10:34

If I wanted to invest, I'd put my money in a paintin' or sumthin. If I bought 'dat gun, I'd wear her out like a $5 street hooker. I ain't spendin' 'dat much money on sumthin' ta say it looks purty, or looky what I got here. I ain't leavin' nuthin' fer my kids to hock. As fer as me feelin' bad about shootin' her, I'd feel like an idiot if I didn't. Nuthin would make me more proud than to say, " Looky wat I gat here, I gat fity thousand rounds through 'er!"

JimIsland
12-31-2011, 11:15

Damn, that's gorgeous! Do I hear 1201.00??

Kaybe
12-31-2011, 11:52
Calm down and take a deep breath. You need to know a couple of things. First, it is just a Colt. (that should start some things up). Second, the moment you drop it or scratch it, you will want to "fall on your sword" so to speak. Third, for that money, you could get a real quality 1911, ammo and all the Barbie glitter you want to glue onto the outside of it. Forth, by the time you sell everything, it will be gone. I understand. I do that same thing when I see a really nice M96 Broomhandle, with matching stock. To me, wanting it is half the fun. But, if you really want it, go for it. Remember, it's just a Colt.

arushus
12-31-2011, 14:41
I cant help what I like boys...to each his own. Just thought you all would like to see it to. If it is still around come tax return time, Im buying it! However, the reserve price is undoubtedly $1500 or over. As badly as I need a subcompact like a 26 or 33 for carrying, I dont have my concealed carry license yet, gotta wait another year, and I can conceal my 20sf pretty good, that being said, I really think a CDE is gonna be my next gun! It is between the CDE, 26, 33, 29, a longslide conversion from lonewolf, or a S&W Governor.

Oh, and one more thing, Im pretty smart, so naturally Im single! ;)

bustedknee
12-31-2011, 15:42
Each man, in his life, will fall head-over-heels in love with a beautiful girl.

There is no help for you. You either get her or you don't.
Either way, time passes and you get over it.

I had a thought. What if you get that Colt then find that it throws the empties all over the place, a few even hit you in the head?

What? You will not shoot it!
That is almost as bad as getting the beautiful girl then not, not...well you know.:animlol:

glock20c10mm
12-31-2011, 16:13
Somebody talk some sense in to me.
It would appear you're not going to let that happen as evidenced below.
I cant help what I like boys...to each his own. Just thought you all would like to see it to. If it is still around come tax return time, Im buying it!
I can't help what I like either. That doesn't mean I buy everything I like.:whistling:

http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs36/f/2008/278/8/7/Barret_50cal__Sniper_Rifle_by_lucariofan666.jpg

:dancingbanana:Do what you gotta do.:dancingbanana:

bac1023
01-01-2012, 20:35
It does look nice, but the gold lettering isn't my style.

4949shooter
01-02-2012, 11:43
It's up to $1375 now.

blastfact
01-02-2012, 13:02
Thats what I had years ago. 1st gen, special edition. Bought it brand new and it spent more time at Colt than it did with me. After cracking the slide twice and busting the link twice I got rid of it.

I sold it to a buddy of mine that had to have it. Along with a bunch of my reloads. He bought some Norma ammo and broke the worthless gun just like I did. He sent it back to Colt and it broke again. He took a cutting torch to it and recycled the metal. We both hope the metal was not used to make something important.

When i got my G20 he gave me my old reloads back and what was left of the Norma stuff. My G20 has dispatched all it with out issue. I'm sure the worthless Colt would have broken at least 6 more times trying to digest the ammo.

I loved the way it shot when it ran and it was a truly beautiful weapon. But it was completely useless as a weapon.

blastfact
01-02-2012, 13:05
It would appear you're not going to let that happen as evidenced below.

I can't help what I like either. That doesn't mean I buy everything I like.:whistling:

http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs36/f/2008/278/8/7/Barret_50cal__Sniper_Rifle_by_lucariofan666.jpg

:dancingbanana:Do what you gotta do.:dancingbanana:

.50 BMG is on my short list. :)