Maxon Combat Shoot [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Maxon Combat Shoot

CrookCounty
12-31-2011, 11:53
Has anyone tried out the Maxon Combat Shooting in Des PLaines IL? Looks like a good place to try out combat style shooting before traveling far to participate in USPSA or IDPA. I found a couple videos online of people shooting during these events but just wondering if anyone on here participates.

http://www.maxonshooters.com/combatShoots.html

ChicagoRSX
01-18-2012, 11:34
While I've never done their combat shoot, I have shot at this range before and they are very friendly and knowledgeable. I would say check it out.

CrookCounty
01-18-2012, 15:01
While I've never done their combat shoot, I have shot at this range before and they are very friendly and knowledgeable. I would say check it out.

I just can't justify paying by the hour....let alone $19 for that hour

4TS&W
02-09-2012, 22:14
I'll go check it out on Monday...

themiller
02-18-2012, 10:41
Eh - the range is crappy imo. Went there once and only once - rude workers, and since I wasn't a "regular" they weren't willing to help me look at any guns. I usually buy a gun every other time I got to a "range" so their loss. Don't waste your time IMO.

I0WA
03-02-2012, 11:56
Eh - the range is crappy imo. Went there once and only once - rude workers, and since I wasn't a "regular" they weren't willing to help me look at any guns. I usually buy a gun every other time I got to a "range" so their loss. Don't waste your time IMO.

I bought my G17 from there and they were quite friendly, and very patient with me. I must have looked at at least 15 different guns with questions on all of them. It was my first time in the store.

KingWalleye
03-02-2012, 19:31
I live ten minutes from there and I haven't set foot in there in at least 15 years.

The owner and his wife are nice people. The staff back then were incredibly ignorant and the range was a dump 3 months after they opened.

Maybe when they move into their new facility I will give them another chance.

CrookCounty
03-10-2012, 00:06
I live ten minutes from there and I haven't set foot in there in at least 15 years.

The owner and his wife are nice people. The staff back then were incredibly ignorant and the range was a dump 3 months after they opened.

Maybe when they move into their new facility I will give them another chance.

Just moved to Des Plaines so I am now less than a 5 min drive to Maxon....went there last week and yes the young kids behind the counter are very arrogant and not really helpful, but whatever...small guy complex I guess....one even busted into the range while I was in my booth...he went to the booth next to me and holster draw his pistol and proceeded to rapid fire through 2 mags....nice way to show customers you enforce your no rapid fire rules right!! I chalk it up to a punk kid with a complex....

When are they moving?