NC pistol and rifle clubs? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : NC pistol and rifle clubs?

Big Jed
12-31-2011, 15:17
Anyone here live in the Raeford area? I've been trying to find a good place to shoot but all I have been able to find so far is Crosse Creek Rifle and pistol club and Wagram Sportsman's Association has a range. Crosse Creek seems a bit snotty from what I can gather so far but I shouldn't pass judgement yet since I haven't actually been there yet. I'm going to go next weekend to see if I get a different impression first hand. Also there membership process seems more like that of an elite social club than a shooting range. The Wagram range seem a bit more laid back/good ol' boy kid of range, which I like. I'm currently waiting for a call back from the guy I was told runs it for more membership info. Although what I really want to find is an old sand/gravel pit that the owner would let me shoot at. Some place with no crowds that I can bring my own targets, clean up after myself and just have a good time. if anyone knows of a good place please let me know.

boomhower
01-07-2012, 20:06
There is a very nice one in Moore County. It's called the Moore County Conservation Club if memory serves. Dues are ~$150 a year if you don't participate and a little cheaper of you do. 7 yards "action" pistol range. 25 yard pistol/rifle range. 100 yard rifle range with target stands at 50/75/100. All ranges are covered. Also has a solary powered clay thrower, and an archery range. A pond for fishing is also available. Most of the time I was there I was either alone or just one or two others.

Theres also a club house with restroom facilities and a full kitchen at your disposal.

The range doesn't have any goofy rules, most of the time your your own range master. I really can't find anything bad to say about it other than it was far from me, I let my membership go for something closer to home. It's full of great guys/gals and I highly recommend it.

http://www.mcwcc.org/

Glock&Schpeel
01-12-2012, 17:22
I don't mean to hijack the thread but better that than another one with the exact same title!

I'm relocating to Mooresville, NC this year or next and I'm doing some advanced "scouting" for taking my shooting hobby with me. What are the good ranges in that area? Are there any 1000 yard ranges? How about how they're run? Is it low key or are there RO regulating everything? Are there private ranges run by clubs where you get a key and come and go when you please? What about IPSC and IDPA and 3 gun matches?

Thanks!

Glock&Schpeel
11-06-2012, 17:45
My move was delayed but is now definite. Any new intel on this area?

HollywoodG23
11-30-2012, 15:37
Big Jed...I know this is an old post...But I live about 20 minutes south of Raeford and I have a huge pit that I shoot in a few times a week and Mainly on sunday afternoons...It is on our family farm and you are welcome to come down this way and shoot as much as you like...FREE!!! PM me if you are still here on the forums and I will get back some contact info...Eric