Model 10 Police Trade In [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Model 10 Police Trade In

benji
01-01-2012, 10:48
I saw these online from Bud's for $269. It seems like a great deal to me. Anybody have one or have a good reason for me to pass on one?

Is there any benefit to square or round butt?

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

jwhite75
01-01-2012, 11:14
The Model 10 is a great old .38. To me the round butt vs square butt thing would be more about concealability if you were to carry it.

COWBOYSHOOTER
01-01-2012, 11:35
I got one. its CNC milled out of tool grade awesome. It will outshoot my pimped out Model 15 with basic 158 LSWC. Although the 15 runs right with if i feed it 130 FMJ. Dunno what thats about. Buy the Model 10. be happy. Tool grade awesome. :cool:

Disclaimer: I live near enough to Buds that I went in and had them lay 4 on the counter for me to choose from. This is the only revolver I own that I have NO plans to work the action over on.

Tool. Grade. Awesome.

Do it.

The Kool Aid...it calls to you.

I want another one.

COWBOYSHOOTER
01-01-2012, 11:37
Forgot your round/square butt question, sorry.

Pure personal preference. Round, with finger groove grips, does conceal a little better. A 4" Model 10 aint super conconcealable. But I've done it. Cause I can. :cool:

fran m
01-15-2012, 15:52
The round butt is the one to get at least to me. Looks cool with the factory wooden stocks and the Tyler T grip of your choice.

I would love to have one of these but want one less beat up the the Bud's examples.

I'm a K frame fan, have at least ten of em.

michael e
01-15-2012, 15:58
At that price just get both.

kostnerave
03-09-2012, 16:43
At that price just get both.

I bought one SW-10 bull barrel about ten years ago to work on as a hobby. My wife took it to the range and upon returning informed me it was a great shooter and I'd better find another project because this one was hers. She was of course right and it is a tack driver very smooth pull and is a handsome gun. If I'd have bought two then we would both have one. Good luck.

bac1023
03-11-2012, 10:26
I love the M10. :)

Poohgyrr
03-11-2012, 14:33
The old M10 is a great 38. FWIW, I prefer my guns with a square butt; but they make good conversion grips if you get stuck with a round one. :cool:

Travclem
03-12-2012, 10:43
I have one, it is very accurate.

sgtstryker
04-05-2012, 07:44
I ordered one of the square butt models, it's decent on the outside but a tight action and smooth trigger. The grips are very rough, no problem, tho. Also, J&G has the 64 model for just a tick more, bobbed hammers on them. I think everyone likes model 10's, my wife pulled the same thing, mentioned above, on me. Good for her.

plugg99
04-05-2012, 08:33
My co-worker just ordered one and he was really impressed on the condition for the age. He said everything locked up nice and tight and other than a little cosmetic wear you wouldn't have been able to tell it had been used. I know they are hit and miss on wear but as far as being worn out his is far from it. For the price he wishes he would have ordered two.

Kentguy
04-06-2012, 14:02
Benji,
I don't know if you have made a desicion about purchasing the Model 10 or not. However my experience is that just this past June of 2011, I purchased a Model 10-6 with a 4" heavy barrel.

I bought it to reload the 38 special cartridge and just to have fun with at the range. What can I say, it's built like a tank, the trigger is smooth and it is an extreamly accurate gun. I can see why the boys in blue have kept this firearm at thier side for all those decades.

Thats a pretty good price, IMO, buy it you can't go wrong.

Taroman
05-05-2012, 07:41
I've gotten two of 'em. Both Aussie cop guns.
The 4" -11 is flat out amazing. DA is like warm butter, as accurate at combat distances as anything I have.

http://www.hverovhe.com/10-11.jpg