Max. Discount Mountain House Sale thru Jan. 15 & Now MREs too! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Max. Discount Mountain House Sale thru Jan. 15 & Now MREs too!

JC Refuge
01-01-2012, 22:08
Congratulations--you made it to 2012!

What's next? Who knows. It sure does NOT look to be a year of turnarounds and improvement ahead, does it?

Regardless, we're going to get you off and running in the most timely and prudent fashion, given all the uncertainties and concerns around the bend. This year, we are allotted just three Mountain House cans sales. Our first sale is live now and runs thru January 15.

Food prices are skyrocketing. These MH list prices are still from early last year. My expectation: Mountain House can prices will go up significantly this year--I'm sure of it--just like every other quality food out there these days. Many wise folks today are viewing quality long-term food storage as just about the most certain tangible investment available. We fully agree. Think about it. Decide if this isn't maybe the last best opportunity you might have to get it all squared away.

This Two-Week MH Sale (Shop here: http://www.safecastle.com/30-year-cans.aspx)

From January 2-15 ... As always with our MH sales--we are offering the maximum allowed discount on all MH can varieties: 25%.

As always--it all ships free to the continental US.

As always, we are offering buyers club members special reward gift certificates for their MH cans case purchases ($50 for every three cases).

And this time around, we are also offering an early-bird option to the rewards, while supplies last.

For those Royalty Reward details, see: http://www.safecastle.com/jan-12-mh-sale-rewards.aspx

MREs!

Many of you will be very pleased to see that we now have some quality MRE cases to offer again. It's been years since we had access to quantities of good-quality MREs like this: http://www.safecastle.com/mre-12-pack-c-menu.aspx

Have a blessed, safe, and secure new year.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-YWcdtPg9htQ/Tv9u4ImhzXI/AAAAAAAABBk/Bllh6DME4EY/s730/Jan12sale.jpg

JC Refuge
01-02-2012, 17:53
Mountain House is the best storage food money can buy ...

Award-winning for best taste freeze-dried food
The world's technoligal leader in freeze-drying technology
30-year shelf life (in cans)
Entrees include real meat, unlike many competitors' offerings
Oregon Freeze Dry Inc. has been in business for 48 years
Some of the most USDA inspected food around--continuous, multiple inspectors on-site (especially for the volumes of government contract work OFD does)
Prompt, free shipping when purchased from Safecastle
Club member bonus awards during this sale.

Flatulence
01-02-2012, 18:04
Can you clarify how many people 1 #10 can of the diced chicken will feed?

I cant find any information to that end.

http://www.safecastle.com/diced-chicken.aspx

JC Refuge
01-02-2012, 18:15
It depends on the specific food variety. You want to count calories and figure 2000 calories per adult at least.

The general rule of thumb I provide folks: if you have a variety of MH foods on hand, you can figure one case (six #10 cans) per person per week (at the 2000 calories a day level).

More to your question ... roughly, on average--one can of a MH entree is going to be good for five or six full meals for one person. Or one meal for five or six people.

Edit: Now I notice your question was about diced chicken. That's a bit different than an entree because folks don't normally eat diced chicken by itself for a meal. Based on serving size assigned to diced chicken by the USDA, you're going to get about 14 servings out of a can. Realistically, Americans should figure two servings per meal, so you can look at a can of diced chicken as being good for 7 meals (assuming you will have other foods along with that).

Flatulence
01-02-2012, 19:28
It depends on the specific food variety. You want to count calories and figure 2000 calories per adult at least.

The general rule of thumb I provide folks: if you have a variety of MH foods on hand, you can figure one case (six #10 cans) per person per week (at the 2000 calories a day level).

More to your question ... roughly, on average--one can of a MH entree is going to be good for five or six full meals for one person. Or one meal for five or six people.

Edit: Now I notice your question was about diced chicken. That's a bit different than an entree because folks don't normally eat diced chicken by itself for a meal. Based on serving size assigned to diced chicken by the USDA, you're going to get about 14 servings out of a can. Realistically, Americans should figure two servings per meal, so you can look at a can of diced chicken as being good for 7 meals (assuming you will have other foods along with that).

Ok, makes some more sense now. I just picked something at random for my question. Is there a guide for the different foods on the site?

JC Refuge
01-02-2012, 19:32
Figure two servings per food item per meal. That will get you pretty close to figuring what you would likely want to eat of anything during one meal.

But as I said, calorie counting is what you need to do to better ascertain what your food storage is actually going to be worth to you.

malleable
01-02-2012, 19:33
tagged

JC Refuge
01-03-2012, 13:07
:bump:

JC Refuge
01-05-2012, 07:48
Still have a few early-bird freebies left for club member purchases.

JC Refuge
01-06-2012, 08:56

JC Refuge
01-07-2012, 11:19
Check the feedback this morning from our customer on his 29-year-old MH foods that he ate: http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1392942

JC Refuge
01-10-2012, 08:33
6 days left

JC Refuge
01-11-2012, 14:13

JC Refuge
01-13-2012, 07:49
A little Mountain House trivia:

The company that produces Mountain House—Oregon Freeze Dry Inc.—goes back about 50 years to 1963, as a trailblazer in freeze-dried foods. They quickly became a trusted partner and supplier for the US military, NASA, and several large food producers. Today, Mountain House is the world’s leader in freeze-drying technology. Their facilities in Oregon represent 60% of the freeze-drying capacity in the U.S.

OFD has produced over 400 different freeze-dried foods and beverages and today they have thriving operations around the world.