Hardware Store Reloading Kit? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Hardware Store Reloading Kit?

DoctaGlockta
01-02-2012, 08:42
<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/96LEyXdVrps" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="420"></iframe>

Dies? We don't need no stinking dies!

And of course don't try this at home kids ;)

Happy New Year GTR!

F106 Fan
01-02-2012, 09:10
I sure could have saved a lot of money on reloading equipment!

Richard

WiskyT
01-02-2012, 09:23
It figures Fred is a closet TG user. The ones that complain the loudest. They just fired the GM at my wifes job for theft. He was always running around leaning on everyone for all of the theft that was going on. It was him all along.

Next time, wear a dress. You need a gimmick to hold the viewers' attention with your mellow voice.

SPIN2010
01-02-2012, 09:27
Wow! :shocked:

Man! I could hear that extractor chip from here ... I had to turn it off.

:faint:

DoctaGlockta
01-02-2012, 09:34
It figures Fred is a closet TG user. The ones that complain the loudest. They just fired the GM at my wifes job for theft. He was always running around leaning on everyone for all of the theft that was going on. It was him all along.

Next time, wear a dress. You need a gimmick to hold the viewers' attention with your mellow voice.

I figured that's been done to death. I'm no Jack Scorsese that is for sure.

gforester
01-02-2012, 09:36
Hell yeah! I think I am gonna sell all my dies now, who needs them?

DoctaGlockta
01-02-2012, 09:43
Wow! :shocked:

Man! I could hear that extractor chip from here ... I had to turn it off.

:faint:

It's a Glock.

Head on over to Tacks for a cheese steak and it will make you feel better.

atakawow
01-02-2012, 09:51
Neat demonstration. A logical response from me would be, why?

A proper set of equipment from Lee costs around $20.00.

WiskyT
01-02-2012, 09:56
Neat demonstration. A logical response from me would be, why?

A proper set of equipment from Lee costs around $20.00.

Entertinment. That's why I suggested the dress.

rhino673
01-02-2012, 10:21
cool experiment. thanks

fredj338
01-02-2012, 13:11
My question is why? Even a Lee hand/hammer loader is about the same cost & more efficient.
TG, not if it was given to me. it does make great fertilizer for the roses though.

Bello
01-02-2012, 15:54
What a complete waste of time its so much more unsafe then a lee loader kit..

michael e
01-02-2012, 16:43
Well after the zombies force me to go on the run I guess this info might actually be somewhat usefull. Untill then I will stick with my current set up.

GioaJack
01-02-2012, 17:24
Guess I'm the odd duck here, (what a surprise), I actually thought it was pretty ingenious.

Problem is my life expectancy isn't long enough to load a full magazine's worth. :crying:

Jack

TX Archer
01-02-2012, 17:24
I think it's a pretty cool demonstration and could be useful when the zombie apocalypse comes. We all know it takes a lot of ammo to keep those suckers at bay. If my supply ran out and I didn't have access to loading equipment, I'd just order powder, primers, and bullets to make my own using supplies from the hardware store.

Colorado4Wheel
01-02-2012, 17:36
Just because you tap a primer into the pocket from the top using a bolt doesn't mean the primer is seated flush or preferably below flush. My guess is it won't even fire on the first strike. My LnL would push primers in from the bottom (not hindered by the case) and even they wouldn't fire consistently.

EL_NinO619
01-02-2012, 17:59
Great Video for when I am stuck in a Lowes during a Zombie apocalypse and just ran out of ammo, but I have 230gr lead bullets, primers and power in my Bug out Bag.... Now excuse me I need to get all nuts and bolts and go back to killing zombies....

snowwdog
01-02-2012, 19:42
i think he is simply trying to poke fun at some of the more uptight people on the group. reloading is not rocket science. yes there are some procedures that should be followed to be ultra safe but pistol cartridges are pretty forgiving. even people that look both ways when crossing the street sometimes get hit. I dont want to dispense realistic advise on the internet because some people are just plain stupid. So that leaves me and most others to play it safe on advise and by the book. But really a great video.

Colorado4Wheel
01-02-2012, 20:30
So did it fire? Just wondering if the primer really was seated deep enough?

fredj338
01-02-2012, 23:30
I think it's a pretty cool demonstration and could be useful when the zombie apocalypse comes. We all know it takes a lot of ammo to keep those suckers at bay. If my supply ran out and I didn't have access to loading equipment, I'd just order powder, primers, and bullets to make my own using supplies from the hardware store.
Except where does one get the components if they are on the run??? No, ZOmbie survival is about ammo capacity & stamina. One can easily carry 1000 22lr.:supergrin:
that should be followed to be ultra safe but pistol cartridges are pretty forgiving.
Funny, tell that to all the guys that KB their guns.:wow: Yes, one can cobble together a round that goes bang w/ very little skill or gear, but reliabilty, safety & accuracy will likely be compromised vs even modestly practiced relaodign on proper gear.

DoctaGlockta
01-03-2012, 06:53
So did it fire? Just wondering if the primer really was seated deep enough?

I'm going to try to hit the range on the way home from work today.

Not sure why this thread was interpreted by many as:

1. Throw away all your dies and presses - they are not needed
2. Zombie/Apocalypse preparedness at Cheapo Depot

:dunno:

Just was at the Hardware store to pick up a few items and thought I'd try this for shats and giggles.

Colorado4Wheel
01-03-2012, 06:57
I don't think they watched it till the end and realized who had done it and that is was just for fun.

rhino673
01-03-2012, 09:51

Just was at the Hardware store to pick up a few items and thought I'd try this for shats and giggles.

Some folks take the interweb too seriously. Again, I thought it was a pretty neat experiment. Talk about reloading at it's most basic form.

EL_NinO619
01-03-2012, 10:36

I think its hilarious, I only stated about ace and zombies because thats what came to mind... What surprised me most about this vid was that cases re-size just by using the chamber, all that time while i was down waiting for Hornadys new die, I could have just grabbed a glock...

SigFTW
01-03-2012, 10:49
Like the video, it reminds me of the video where a guy re-primes a spent primer with match tips.

DoctaGlockta
01-03-2012, 13:58
Guess I'm the odd duck here, (what a surprise), I actually thought it was pretty ingenious.

Problem is my life expectancy isn't long enough to load a full magazine's worth. :crying:

Jack

So I guess you are not interested in a trade for one of your 1050's then?

That pipe nipple is galvanized you know ;)

labdwakin
01-03-2012, 15:06
Like the video, it reminds me of the video where a guy re-primes a spent primer with match tips.

They can also be recycled with cut up charges from paper roll caps... NOT that I would ever do that... :whistling:

DoctaGlockta
01-09-2012, 16:35
So I finally made it to the range. 4 Hardware store reloads (including a steel case) and sucessful chambering and firing in all four - first strike. Primers seemed to
be seated enough for my G30sf.

Thanks for listening and now back to your regularly reloaded round schedule.

Colorado4Wheel
01-09-2012, 19:58
So I finally made it to the range. 4 Hardware store reloads (including a steel case) and sucessful chambering and firing in all four - first strike. Primers seemed to
be seated enough for my G30sf.

Thanks for listening and now back to your regularly reloaded round schedule.

Very interesting.

SigFTW
01-10-2012, 14:59
Cool, thanks for the update.