Ssr 85c-2 [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Ssr 85c-2

KML
01-02-2012, 13:30
How is the SSR-85-C rifle?It was made by Armory .I have been looking for a AK47 and was put in touch with an old friend who is moving and sold it to me for $400.So I know I got a good deal ,but have not been able to find much info on it.I know it has to be better than a Wasr.
Thanks for any info
Kevin

T. R. Graham
01-03-2012, 01:13
The Armory USA SSR85C-2 is unique among the AK family as it combines characteristics of both the AK-47 and the AKM rifle.

AK characteristics :
Wide front sight base
Gas block
8 port/side venting gas tube
Lower handguard retainer
800 meter rear sight
Rear sight base
Non-ribbed receiver cover
Bolt
Telescoping recoil spring guide rod

AKM characteristics :
Slant brake
Reinforced safety lever
Flat firing pin
Stamped receiver
Polymer stock and pistol grip

Made in Bulgaria, the SSR85C-2 receiver is a modified AKM type, 1.6mm thick compared to 1mm receiver on a “standard” AKM. Made to Armory USA specifications, the SSR85C-2’s thicker receiver allows for greater durability and accuracy, and were designed for the use of double hook triggers. This allows the rifles a smoother trigger pull without the “trigger slap“ found on many AK‘s that use single-hook trigger systems.

US made components -
Slant brake
Milled steel double hook 3 piece trigger group (hammer, trigger and disconnector)
Stainless steel gas piston
Polymer pistol grip

KML
01-03-2012, 06:33
Thanks T R
I found some info on different boards,but that's the best right up Ive read.You combined everything I've read in one great post

jrs93accord
01-06-2012, 14:44
I bought one of them a few years ago. I made it my Tactical AK project.

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m8/jamesrea_2006/DSC00238.jpg

ACE Skeleton folding stock, Ultimak handguard (w/ rail covers) and gas tube, Phantom 5C2 FH, PROMAG VFG, SAW pistol grip, Vickers Blue Force 2-pt. sling, MI sling swivels, inexpensive Aimpoint red-dot clone, and Bulgarian waffle mags.

Hey TR, As you can see, I still have my Armory USA SSR-85C-2. It stills works like a charm. Thanks again for all the help you gave.

James
Pensacola, FL