I need advise on P229 [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : I need advise on P229

thewoo1
01-02-2012, 16:04
Guys pls give me some advise. I am going to buy a p229 9mm should I go DAK? It is my understanding the DAK is similar to the Glocks ( which I like). Is this true ? I will use this as a service weapon ( court officer) to replace my g19. Which way should I go. Also I am using a Blackhawk level 2 retention holster, does anyone know if I can use the same holster?

Glockwork Orange
01-02-2012, 16:08
The hype regarding DAK triggers has seemed to die down and ALL of those whom I know bought one, eventually sold/traded it...just my observation...

thewoo1
01-02-2012, 16:45
What do most le/military use Dak or sa/da

p.d.
01-02-2012, 18:05
I really like the DAK trigger system. It does not have that slightly mushy feel that my Glock pistols have. It is a longer pull, more like a revolver.

Makoman
01-02-2012, 21:11
If you are replacing your glock and want something similar insofar as as trigger is concerned, go with the DAK. So far as military goes, most militaries use a da/sa set-up. Double action only type pistols are primarily adopted by law enforcement agecies to cut down on accidental/negligent discharges from which lawsuits often times ensue. For the military, that isn't so much of an issue.

That being said, it depends on what you want and feel comfortable with, and what the job dictates. Does your agency require you to carry a DAO type pistol? If so, then a da/sa would be out of the question. If you're going to go with a DAO type, I prolly would go with the SIG. Of the pistols of that type, I personally feel they prolly have the best trigger. That's just me, YMMV.

I personally prefer DA/SA pistols myself, but then, as a civilian, I can pretty much pick whatever I want (at least for now, who knows down the road). Have you had a chance to shoot one yet, or at the very least dry fire one? How did you like the trigger on it?

WarEagle32
01-08-2012, 23:14
Go DA/SA if you can!

jayhuh
01-11-2012, 09:53
DAK or DA/SA can be mastered. I 'd go with the DAK. One important thing to consider is that coming from a Glock to a DA/SA means remembering to de-cock before holstering, something you won't have to worry about with DAK.

barth
01-12-2012, 17:30
I have two Sigs, P220/45 and a P239/357.
Both are classic DA/SA guns.
I bought SRT kits for both and am having one installed on the P239 to see how that works out.
I believe you can have Sig convert to DAK for like $199 or something like that?

Triggers are so personal a choice, type, action and weight.
I just don't think you can read about it and make a good decision.

You should try to borrow or rent if possible.
Plus DAK is going to be more like a DA revolver.
Have you shot DA revolvers?

That's all I have to say about that - LOL!

ottomatic
01-15-2012, 19:52
DAK: consistent 6.5 lbs trigger pull every time. No need to decock.
For a police officer, that's the way to go.

It will be longer than a Glock, but you will get used to it, I promise!

bry@n
01-15-2012, 22:13
DAK has a very consistent, relatively light trigger pull. The reset and follow up shot will be heavier unless you release the round all the way out. Then you will get the same light trigger pull.

Should you get the gun, decide you didn't like it, you can easily change the pistol to da/sa or have an armorer change the gun over.

Defender77
01-27-2012, 02:53
My P229 is da/sa and I am used to it.

I have no experience with DAK....but believe with training, one can be proficient with anything.

De-cocking before holstering is also not a problem because I was trained to shoot, scan, de-cock and holster....and so I always practice doing so.