Obama's Record on Gun Control [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Obama's Record on Gun Control

Acujeff
01-03-2012, 14:57
Today, we have an American President with a long and shocking history of suppressing gun rights, yet claims to be a Second Amendment hero. He does this for one reason and one reason only: Obama wants to win re-election.

Obama on Guns: This is not a love
by Raquel Okyay 01/02/2012

http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=48449

runcible68
01-10-2012, 16:28
Politicians love to throw words around to appeal to their base. Conservatives do the same thing. But actions are what count. There has been no legislation proposed or seriously pursued by the President's administration to restrain gun-ownership . In fact, gun rights have increased. (And no, I don't think the "Fast & Furious" thing is some plot to take away American's guns. It was just another example of governmental idiocy that flourishes under both parties.)

Obama doesn't like guns, but has made a practical decision that it's a political dead end. So I don't think we have much to fear from him. In fact, the NRA loves to use him as the Boogeyman so they can raise more money to pay for La Pierre's high salary. We should be more worried about HIM. Saying Obama is going to repeal the 2cd is just an example of the hyperbolic idiocy many gun people feed into.

Don't like Obama? Fine. Don't vote for him. But he is the President of the United States and deserves our respect. Jon Huntsman, a guy trying to get Obama's job feels the same way. And when his President called on him to serve as ambassador to China, Huntsman served. The same could be said of our young men and women in uniform. They might not have voted for their CIC, but they respect his office.

Face it, in a democracy, sometimes the other guy wins.

ChadN.
01-11-2012, 04:24
Don't like Obama? Fine. Don't vote for him. But he is the President of the United States and deserves our respect.

No worries here, I won't be voting for him. Respect? Respect goes both ways; he respects my 2A rights, he's got my respect. As the top official of the executive branch, shouldn't he be implementing the law? What does the law say about the Bill of Rights? With 2A, which part of "shall not be infringed" is hard to understand? Should this not be enforced, or shall we just agree it's easier for him to ignore it?

I'm no lawyer, heck, probably close to ignorant when it comes to the technical stuff, and I won't even try to pretend I know stuff, but I know enough of my rights to realize when they're being stepped on.

Jerry
01-11-2012, 10:55
Anyone that believes the Obomination won’t gladly sign “any” gun control that comes to his desk is a fool. He has not pushed because he knows its political suicide. None has been passed in congress because they know its political suicide. I’m willing to bet there was something purposed is one bill or another but they knew better than to push it. You want to see gun control gone wild? Give the Obomination a second, no reelection to try to win term and see how much he believes in the 2nd.

Gunnut 45/454
01-11-2012, 12:35
runcible68
First we are a Constitutional Republic -not a Democracy! Now to your post- as Jerry said if Congress was to pass a gun control law he'd sign it in a heartbeat! And as usual he has been subverting Congress by issuing Regulations on fire arms. Can you say the more than one purchase policy on Border states, Fast & Furious was to be used in justifing more controls. We have his own words on this in his speeches on the border policy last year. He blamed us for suppling the cartels with guns when it was the BATF doing it with his approval!:whistling:

cheapshot
01-14-2012, 16:57
Politicians love to throw words around to appeal to their base. Conservatives do the same thing. But actions are what count. There has been no legislation proposed or seriously pursued by the President's administration to restrain gun-ownership . In fact, gun rights have increased. (And no, I don't think the "Fast & Furious" thing is some plot to take away American's guns. It was just another example of governmental idiocy that flourishes under both parties.)

Obama doesn't like guns, but has made a practical decision that it's a political dead end. So I don't think we have much to fear from him. In fact, the NRA loves to use him as the Boogeyman so they can raise more money to pay for La Pierre's high salary. We should be more worried about HIM. Saying Obama is going to repeal the 2cd is just an example of the hyperbolic idiocy many gun people feed into.

Don't like Obama? Fine. Don't vote for him. But he is the President of the United States and deserves our respect. Jon Huntsman, a guy trying to get Obama's job feels the same way. And when his President called on him to serve as ambassador to China, Huntsman served. The same could be said of our young men and women in uniform. They might not have voted for their CIC, but they respect his office.

Face it, in a democracy, sometimes the other guy wins.
I agree with most of what you say sir, and i too have respect for the office. My Grandfather told me that respect is something that is earned. Mr. Obama has not earned mine.

Jerry
01-15-2012, 18:43
I agree with most of what you say sir, and i too have respect for the office. My Grandfather told me that respect is something that is earned. Mr. Obama has not earned mine.

:thumbsup: