Federal Champion Walmart 45acp problems [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Federal Champion Walmart 45acp problems

rich n
01-03-2012, 17:21
I have a new 30sf and I cant get through a box of 50 of this stuff without at least 2 failure to feed's. No problems with any other ammo so far. I shot about 500 rounds of Tula with no problems and 100 WWB no problems. Any one else experience this issue?

collim1
01-03-2012, 17:30
I have noticed its loaded on the mild side. Can you describe failure to feed in detail?

The good news is it works with the other brands. Crap if a gun feeds Tula I consider it to be a very reliable gun. My P220 and Springer 1911 both eat the Champion with no problems.

Maybe when the gun has a few hundred more rounds through it it will break in and feed it. Or just keep buying the Tulammo, it about 5 cents a round cheaper anyway.

cowboywannabe
01-03-2012, 17:33
i just blew through 50 rounds of Federal Champion 115gr. fmj 9mm with my new Ruger LC9 without a problem. my 1911s eat it up also.

rich n
01-03-2012, 17:39
[QUOTE=collim1;18379988]I have noticed its loaded on the mild side. Can you describe failure to feed in detail
The round kind of nose dived and the slide didn't cycle all the way. I tapped the mag and it went into battery. Best I can describe it anyway.

Col J
01-03-2012, 19:20
I shoot Federal Champion 45 acp from Walmart in my Glock 36 all the time - never a failure!

rich n
01-03-2012, 19:45
:upeyes::upeyes:I shoot Federal Champion 45 acp from Walmart in my Glock 36 all the time - never a failure!

Mine don't like it. I'll say it's underpowered and won't cycle the heavy G30 slide. Crap.

mj9mm
01-03-2012, 19:51
i've got a 30sf also, and it shoots eveything walmart sells, federal remington, white box, tulammo. but who knows, maybe you got a bad box, try another from a differant lot.:dunno:

jbclark187
01-03-2012, 20:02
You expect flawless performance with some of the cheapest ammo that's out there? I used to shoot WWB until I had a misfeed. Switched ammo and not a single malfunction in thousands of rounds...

That's like putting some unleaded gas in an F-18....

Not all guns will get along all brands/types of ammo. Try something else.

amd65
01-03-2012, 20:20
Works in my G30 (and my 1911), no problem.

rich n
01-03-2012, 21:55
You expect flawless performance with some of the cheapest ammo that's out there? I used to shoot WWB until I had a misfeed. Switched ammo and not a single malfunction in thousands of rounds...

That's like putting some unleaded gas in an F-18....

Not all guns will get along all brands/types of ammo. Try something else.

No man, don't get me wrong, I krnow it's cheap Tula's even cheaper but it works in my gun. No problems with my carry ammo either. Just fishin for answers. Thanks.

jbclark187
01-03-2012, 22:02
My WWB problem was isolated to one pistol, but it happened with every magazine that I had (4). The mis-feeds occurred after 800 flawless rounds of that specific ammo.

The problem persisted for 3 more boxes of the same stuff.

Switched to PMC and the gun has gone another 1,000 flawless.

You may never find what the gun doesn't like and you'll drive yourself crazy trying.

Here's what to do:

- mark you magazines (if you haven't already). Sometimes the problem is the mag. Not the gun or ammo.
- make sure YOU are not the problem. Find an experienced shooter to try your setup.
- try different brands of ammo (even the cheap stuff). If federal doesn't work, try WWB. That doesn't work? Try Remington, etc.
- then, and only then, look at the weapon to find and faulty part.