Super Redhawk SS 7.5" barrel....... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Super Redhawk SS 7.5" barrel.......

Fire_Medic
01-04-2012, 12:44
I have been lusting over a wheel gun for quite some time now. My paperwork came back on my SBR and I have a second lightly used AR lower that I am considering selling/trading for a wheel gun.

I have always wanted an SP 101 DAO no hammer, and a 44 MAG full-size Ruger, eventually I will have both.

I have a gentleman wanting to work out a deal on his SS Super Redhawk with 7.5" barrel, he does not have box or paperwork, but gun looks to be in good condition, I am considering giving him my lower and some $$ to make the deal.

What say you guys?

Of all the guns I have EVER shot, one of my top 5 most memorable range trips was shooting a buddies full size Blackhawk in 44 Mag.

I also like the appeal of not having to chase brass around the range......

I would appreciate everyone's input.......

I am debating this trade or looking to sell or trade the lower for an SP 101 3" which I can also use for CCW.....

MinervaDoe
01-04-2012, 20:39
I can't speak about the price you are paying, but I have a Redhawk with a 5 1/2 inch barrel. I love it. It is a wonderful gun. These things are built like tanks.

I also have an SP101. It's also built like a tank. Either one is a good choice. Both guns kick like a mule.

Fire_Medic
01-04-2012, 22:07
Call me crazy but........

I worked part time at a local shop for all of 2010 and I use to shoot the rental SP 101 all the time. I much preferred it to a 642 with 39+p ammo in it. I was also more accurate with the Ruger as well.

Anyhow, the guy backed out on the trade and I have a local deal pending on the lower. So soon it will be time to go shopping.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

MinervaDoe
01-05-2012, 00:04
Sorry your trade fell through. Something else will come along.
I like the weight of the SP101. It is a nice handling gun.
With both my Redhawk and my SP101, I am more accurate firing the guns double action. D.A. they both have a nice smooth pull, and then the hammer just drops.

smokin762
01-05-2012, 00:30
I used to own a Ruger Super Blackhawk with a 7.5” barrel in .44 magnum and I also owned a Ruger Redhawk with a 7.5” barrel in .44 magnum. I owned them both at the same time. I used both of them for hunting. I had a red dot on the Super Blackhawk and I would shoot the Redhawk with iron sights.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
I don’t have huge hands, so I was a little more comfortable with the Super Blackhawk. I think both of them were very accurate. I used to practice hitting a 6” circle up to 75 yards. Both of them did just fine.<o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>

Fire_Medic
01-07-2012, 16:52
Well.....

I sold the lower today, and I found a 2 1/4" hammerless DAO SP 101 in 357 Magnum locally which ended up following me home. Put a 50 round box of American Eagle 158gr JSP though it. I need to work on my revolver grip, this is the first revolver that I own, my shots are off to the left and I know it's a combination of the heavy DA trigger and anticipating the recoil. Range time will correct both of those issues.

Now I need to get setup to reload 357 MAG and 38 Special so me and the wife can have fun shooting it. It was a blast to shoot (pun intended) and although the shots were off center to my left the groups were decent. I have a lot to improve to shoot it as accurately as my semi autos, but was pleased with the performance for the first time with it and with 357 magnum ammo.

I will be saving my pennies to send it out some day to Mossy Creek Guns for the bead blast, trigger work, big dot front sight, and new grips. I have big hands and the grips are definitely needed.

Pecos Bill
01-07-2012, 23:18
Congrats on your find. Sounds like a great gun. That .357 is a great round.

Have fun, be safe and have a good time!!

Steve in PA
01-12-2012, 07:05
I've owned a 9 1/2" Super Redhawk for many years. It wears a scope and I use it for deer and bear hunting. A totally awesome weapon!
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d159/Steve_in_PA/Guns/20111128072854.jpg

I just picked up a basically brand new (less than 30 rounds) 7 1/2" Super Blackhawk in an even trade for a case of .45acp FMJ ammo. This one won't wear a scope.
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d159/Steve_in_PA/Guns/20120107141135.jpg