Where's my man card? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Where's my man card?

rcd567
01-05-2012, 16:19
Had a great afternoon shooting. Took my S&W 1066, my Glock 20sf, my Python, and my S&W 66 out for some exercise today. I put 50 rounds thru my 1066. Sweet pistol. Then 50 .357 magnum rounds thru the Colt. That'll wake you up some. Next I put 150 rounds thru my Glock. Holy crap! I had to dig my wallet out and check to see if I still had my man card. The tip of my trigger finger felt like I'd driven a nail into it!:crying:

Now I'm shooting a pretty stout load. 10.3 gr of Longshot which is driving those 165 gr. FMJ bullets at an average of 1428 fps. Don't know if that has anything to do with it, but that little safety lever in the trigger was digging into my fingertip pretty good by the end of the session. I finished up with 50 rounds of 38 Special thru my short barreled 66. A great afternoon none-the-less. But there has to be some sort of trigger that doesn't eat your fingertip off.:shocked: Time for shooting is at a premium so when I get the time I usually shoot quite a bit.

Suggestions anyone? Oh, and the weather was unbelievable. 65 degrees here is western Iowa today. Felt great. And oh yeah, I did find my man card. It was right beside my NRA card and my Wounded Warrior card.:cool:

Kegs
01-05-2012, 17:21
We are *SO* going to get nailed with a hard core blizzard soon. :wow:

This cannot possibly last.

It was 40ish by the way up here, but usually Iowa is in the 20s or 30s by now at least.

As for the little safety doohickey in the middle of the trigger, I don't have much of a suggestion. I don't know of a trigger that is made that allows the gun to function without pressing that back first and I doubt anyone would sell you such a gadget because they would fear liability too much perhaps.

The triggers suck on Glock for all sorts of reasons, but I've gotten used to it. I haven't loaded any rounds that have really messed with me, but after 20 rounds of the 135s at 1700, my wrist gets a little numb. :supergrin:

_The_Shadow
01-05-2012, 20:50
It was 24 heavy frost down here in Southeast Louisiana in the morning and 70 in the afternoon! Huge temp swings! :wow:

OregonG20
01-05-2012, 22:07
Well, if you keep shooting, you will probably build up a mighty callus. It will probably be the best callus you build up, too!

Other than that, I wonder if an aftermarket trigger would help?

21Carrier
01-05-2012, 22:08
What you need to do is trim the safety tab down some. It's really easy to do. Take the trigger out of the gun. Then, hold the safety lever all the way back (from the back of the trigger), and use a razor blade to shave it until it's flush. This does NOT defeat the safety. Once you release it, it will still stick out almost as much. You just remove enough so that it is flush when you press the trigger. I've done it to all of mine, and it really helps.

_The_Shadow
01-05-2012, 22:15
It was 24 heavy frost down here in Southeast Louisiana in the morning and 70 in the afternoon! Huge temp swings! :wow:

I suppose I should stop shooting the Global Warming 10mm's! :whistling:

rcd567
01-05-2012, 22:28
What you need to do is trim the safety tab down some. It's really easy to do. Take the trigger out of the gun. Then, hold the safety lever all the way back (from the back of the trigger), and use a razor blade to shave it until it's flush. This does NOT defeat the safety. Once you release it, it will still stick out almost as much. You just remove enough so that it is flush when you press the trigger. I've done it to all of mine, and it really helps.

I may have to look into this.^

Jitterbug
01-06-2012, 09:17
The solution to that is 1911...you do need another gun anyway rc.

rcd567
01-06-2012, 10:16
The solution to that is 1911...you do need another gun anyway rc.

TRUTH! This man speaks it!^